PDA

View Full Version : Creating Custom Rules for a fortification

lomaxxdurang
12-01-2013, 08:47 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/CobraTerrordrome2.jpeg

So I am trying to create rules for my cobra terror drome. Here is what I am wanting to do:
Set it up as a drop in massive fortification. (so it gets the same rules a drop pod, but I was thinking everything that is within 36" of the hull has to take a difficult terrain test in the following turn or be pinned due to the ground quake from impact).
It comes with space for 8 vehicles, and 55 infantry (220 total) on the second level buildings.

This is a 2' x 2' circle that is almost 2' tall. I want to divide into 4 corners and count each corner for as 2 levels with the top level also getting a battlement. So it counts as 8 total buildings. 4 bottom portions have assault ramps.

Fortifications will be as follows:
Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint (Large Bunker)
Then 4 Heavy Bastions (Each Heavy Bastions will have a Baneblade turret, and either a Manticore or Hyrda emplacement)
It will have armor 15 and count as 9 total buildings as the center where the vortex missiles are fired is a bunker too.
It will have 4 void shields.

I am thinking of pointing it out as 32235 points. (breakdown as follows)
Aquila strong point is 535
Bastions are 75 (600 total)
Baneblades are 600 so if I use just the turrets say 250 (1000)
Drop feature is 500 points (just guessing on fair value)
Void Shields are 100 points each (400)
Hydras and Manticore emplacments are 50 points each (200)

Total points 3235

Thoughts please?

Ssyrie
12-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Isn't something that size going to have trouble finding a large enough patch of clear terrain to land?

Tynskel
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
well, you probably wouldn't use it on any prefabed tables. Besides, you are supposed to place fortifications before you place terrain.

Looks like an apocalypse level fortification, which is totally awesome.

Ssyrie
12-01-2013, 02:11 PM
But with the Drop feature, wouldn't it be placed on the players turn when it's eligible to deploy?

lomaxxdurang
12-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Well I had the idea with planetstrike in 5th. You had drop bastions. I just figured a dropped massive fortification sounded fun too. I don't know if I will keep the drop feature or just let it be placed as normal, but it will be fun.

lomaxxdurang
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
So does anybody see any issues with this for apocalypse games? Do the points seem fair? I am trying to pin it down so I have a correct data sheet for it.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
12-02-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't have time right now to give a full rules review, but you might find these experimental Forgeworld rules for a giant fortification (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Castellum_Stronghold.pdf) helpful in choosing points-costs etc.

lomaxxdurang
12-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I think a lot of my points are pretty close together with that. What do you think.

Tynskel
12-04-2013, 09:03 AM
But with the Drop feature, wouldn't it be placed on the players turn when it's eligible to deploy?

well... hahahah, either you deal with it, or you scrub the drop feature.