PDA

View Full Version : Blood angels with Baal PDF 1850

Bob821
11-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Ladies and Gentleman if you could please find a little time to review my list and offer some feed back it would be very much apprectiated.

I have had some luck with it and certainly no crushing defeats but I only really get to play against Tau and Eldar and I'm trying to get the list fully tested and reviewed for an upcoming tourney.

1850 Blood Angels with Guard Allies (Baal PDF)

Librarian
Teminator armour and storm shield
Divination

Assault terminators with THSS
Land Raider Redeemer
Multi Melta

Vanguard vets,
3 X Combi melta,
2 X Heavy flamer
Drop pod

Assault squad,
2 X plasma gun,
Power weapon
melta bombs,

Secound Assault squad as above.

Aegies Defence Line.

Guard Allies (Baal PDF)

Comand Squad
2 X plasma,
Commander has power fist,
grenerdiers. (4+ armour save)

Vet Squad
2 X plasma,
grenerdiers.

Secound vet squad as above!

Leman Russ
Las cannon

So... basically Librarian and termies scream up the middle of the board in the Land Raider using cover to keep my tank alive and drawing lots of attention and fire power. I just point it at the biggest baddiest thing on the other side of the board.

The Vanguard vets drop pod in and aim to kill the biggest threat to my Land Raider... Heavy weapons teams scary tanks etc.

Assault squads I try to keep as out of the way as possable to try and get those objectives towards the end of the battle. There plamsa guns are not to be sniffed at though and can do plenty of damage.

Aegies defence line is set up near my objectve(s) and has lots of plamsa armed guardsman and a leman Russ with it to protect them.

So any idea people. I have tried running the Russ along side the land raideer using the Demolisher variant but find the badies get to it side and rear armour to quickly. Using the demolisher as part of the gun line I some times find it lack of range an issue if we end up playing along the board so I think I'm going for the standard Leman Russ... Does any one use any other Leman Russ variants? Are the worth a shot?

Many thanks.

Bob821
12-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Guess I'll just have to play test it some more then :(

Wolfshade
12-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Do you mean sternguard not vanguard?

If you do face a lot of shooting, then a Heroic intervention from the Jump packing in Vanguards can be quite useful.

My only concern would be a lack of anti-flyer stuff, now whether or not that is a problem depends on the local meta.

Bob821
12-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Yeah sorry I did mean Sternguard... although you make a good point heroic intervention to let them survive being shot to pieces on the first turn.

I am aware of my lack of anti air. Do you feel it would be worth dropping the Vets extra armour for a quad gun? Or can you see somthing else in the list that can be trimmed out?

I have no idea about the meta the list is for my first tournament in a couple of months. The TO said it's normally pretty chilled with a nice mix of people there to have fun with like minded gamers but there are a few people who take it very serously.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Wolfshade.

Wolfshade
12-02-2013, 06:15 AM
It all depends on your playing style.

You could perhaps change to Land Raider to a Storm Raven, so you keep your fast trasnport/assault vehicle but by making it a flyer have interesting rules.

The other option would be to try and trim some points here and there and get a quad gun for the aegis.

Angelofblades
12-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Librarian
Teminator armour and storm shield
Divination

Assault terminators with THSS
Land Raider Redeemer
Multi Melta

I would add Extra Armor to the Land Raider if possible. You really dont want to be there when it get's stunned and can't move

Sterngaurd vets,
3 X Combi melta,
2 X Heavy flamer
Drop pod

Assault squad,
2 X plasma gun,
Power weapon
melta bombs,

Secound Assault squad as above.

Why Plasma guns? You can't charge after firing plasma guns, it just leaves you standing there, I would swap to Melta Guns.

Aegies Defence Line.

Guard Allies (Baal PDF)

Comand Squad
2 X plasma,
Commander has power fist,
grenerdiers. (4+ armour save)

Why a power fist? Do you think they'll end up in close combat? If they're going to sit back and man the quad gun, I would put autocannons on that unit in exchange.

Vet Squad
2 X plasma,
grenerdiers.

Secound vet squad as above!

Plasma would be great if you could get the plasma unit in position. Otherwise a more mobile opponent can just move to get the drop on you or manuever around your unit.

Leman Russ
Las cannon

Bad idea really. Remember that if you fire the Battle Cannon, the rest of the weapons on it have to snap fire. This is a basic rule of Ordinance weapons. The Lumbering Behemoth rule of the Leman Russ does nothing for you really.

Wolfshade
12-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Remember that if you fire the Battle Cannon, the rest of the weapons on it have to snap fire. This is a basic rule of Ordinance weapons. The Lumbering Behemoth rule of the Leman Russ does nothing for you really.

Lumbering Behmoth has been FAQ'd out:

Page 48 – Leman Russ Battle Tank, Lumbering Behemoth.
Replace this entry with the following: “A Leman Russ follows
the rules for Heavy Vehicles on page 83 of the Warhammer
40,000 rulebook.”

Angelofblades
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Lumbering Behmoth has been FAQ'd out:

And did you read the Heavy Vehicles rule?

If you didn't, the cliff notes version is that all the Heavy Vehicle rule does is say, if a vehicle with this rule moves at combat speed, it may fire all it's weapons. The Ordinance Weapons rule on the other hand, says that if a unit fires a weapon with the Ordinance rule in it, all other weapons snap fire.

Again, it does NOTHING. A Leman Russ that fires an Ordinance Weapon will Snap Fire all other weapons.

Not sure why this is still an issue regarding Leman Russ's. The FAQ's been out for a while, and the Rulebook even longer.

Wolfshade
12-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes.

I was just pointing out that the lumbering behemoth has been superceeded.
No more, no less.

Bob821
12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the comments. I did not know that about the leman russ rules. Guess I will get shot of that lascannon!