PDA

View Full Version : Kindly Rate My Army: Necrons 1850

FAT_MAN
11-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Hello All,

Long time article lurker that finally decided to register and slowly involve myself back into the game. I never played a lot of 40k in the last 5 years, 6th included and I know that my necron generalship is a little rusty. That said, any comments, suggestions, or banter you might have for me and my list would be greatly appreciated. I'm running a necron teleport/veil list because it seems like it would be a lot of fun zipping across the board or calling in a massive deep strike. I know its not the most competitive list out there but feel free to be as bluntly honest as you would like. Thanks in advance for the help.

HQ

NECRON NEMESOR ZAHNDREKH

Because I have Obryon I generally use him as teleport beacon. He can attach to any of my troop choices depending on the opponent. Generally though, he will hang out with a despair cryptek with the veil of darkness.

VARGARD OBYRON

I really like the idea of teleporting around the board and concentrating my fire in unexpected ways. Obyron's ghost walk mantle and Vargard duty allows for accurate deep strikes. Depending on whether Zahndrekh is in Night scythe or not, obyron will either be in the big unit of warriors or one of the immortal units.

CRYPTEK # 1: Harbinger of Despair
Equipment: Abyssal Staff, Veil

In case I want Zahndrekh to teleport with the larger unit or warriors or one of the immortal units

CRYPTEK # 2: Harbinger of Despair
Equipment: Abyssal Staff

He's going to hang out with the Deathmarks in the night scythe. Its my understanding that deathmarks can still mark a target when they emerge from the flyer and I desperately need something that negates 2+ armor saves.

CRYPTEK # 3: Harbinger of Storm

Tank hunter, will hang out with Obyron or the Night Scythe

CRYPTEK # 3: Harbinger of Storm

Tank hunter, will hang out with Obyron or the Night Scythe

HQ TOTAL: 460

ELITES

5 DEATHMARKS
Equipment: Synaptic disintegrator, deep strike, ethereal interception, hunters from hyperspace
Transport: Night Scythe

ELITE TOTAL: 195

TROOPS

10 NECRON IMMORTALS
Equipment: Gauss Blaster

Because they will likely be teleporting close to enemy troops and tanks I choose Gauss. I bought two units in case my opponent has an abundance of AP4 weapons or has a lot of models with 4+ armor saves.

10 NECRON IMMORTALS
Equipment: Gauss Blaster

See above.

15 NECRON WARRIORS
Equipment: Gauss Flayer

Big block of warriors in case I need a lot of shots, or I need an intractable unit in a fortified position. Can be a good tank hunter or a horde killer with a veil.

5 NECRON WARRIORS
Equipment: Gauss Flayer
Transport: Night Scythe

Can either move on its own or support the large block of warriors. With all the gauss shots from the unit and the transport it could be a last minute objective grabber or suicidal tank killer with a storm-tek.

TOTAL: 700

FAST ATTACK:

6 CANOPTEK WRAITHS
Equipment: 1x whip coil, 1x, particle caster

My heavy hitter close combat unit. Should the unit deep strike in they can go for some rear armor on a light vehicle.

TOTAL: 225

HEAVY SUPPORT

ANNIHILATION BARGE #1
Equipment: Twin-linked Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon, Quantum Shielding, Living Metal

Horde and flyer control. Will support the fast moving infantry

ANNIHILATION BARGE #2
Equipment: Twin-linked Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon, Quantum Shielding, Living Metal

same as above

ANNIHILATION BARGE #3

same as above

HEAVY TOTAL: 270

GRAND TOTAL: 1850

Katharon
11-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Looks pretty decent to me. You've got a nice base of troops that you can fool around with using your HQ special abilities and rules -- and you've got a Heavy Support line that can sit back and drop nice pie plates on top of people.

Although, I'd be wary of your troops being destroyed too fast. You'll have to play conservative, lest they be eliminated.

FAT_MAN
11-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the review Katharon. Good to know that the list has some potential.

I wanted to ask what you meant by pie plates though? The only template weapons in the list are the despair-tek flamers. The heavy support are just annihilation barges, they don't have template weapons just twin-linked tesla destructors. The template weapon that you are probably referring to are on the doomsday ark and I didn't take any. Does this change your opinion of the army?

Thanks for the help.

Katharon
11-30-2013, 07:50 PM
I must have been thinking of the Doomsday Ark. I don't own the 'Cron codex and assume that everyone takes the Doom Ark. My mistake. :P