PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Kit-bash Tau commander weapons?

sneakyben
11-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to kit-bash from plastic bitz the following Tau weapons?

cyclic ion blaster

air bursting frag launcher

The cyclic ion blaster looks like it could be 2 pathfinder ion blasters combined in some aesthetically-pleasing fashion...

Maybe the air-burster could be guard-mortar or eldar (imperial?) missle launcher bitz that tau'd up a bit?

Any further suggestions are welcome :-D

My green-stuff and plasti-card -Fu is terrible :-) and I want all my models to be plastic-only.

Cpt Codpiece
11-29-2013, 06:02 AM
as long as its not the same as any gun in your army just kit bash a proxy.... its only commanders anyway.

cyclic ion has a triangular barrel on the actual model, and the grenade launcher looks like a grenade launcher LOL (what more can i say)

best bet would be to but the finecrap commander as he has them. i know you said you want all plastic but sometimes its just plain easier to just get the model

*edit*
my bad wrong gun cyclic blaster is a PITA to make, maybe daisy 3-4 ion rifle barrels like a burst cannon on a burst cannon body?

sneakyben
11-29-2013, 08:10 AM
as long as its not the same as any gun in your army just kit bash a proxy.... its only commanders anyway.

Yeah, this is where I am coming from... but I want my proxy to be as close to the 'real' thing as possible...

(In the rest of my Tau army I have built my markerdrones to look different to the GW-standard, but all of them look the same, so no confusion for opponents; I just point out 'hey this is a markerlight... Seems ok at my FLGC... I used the heavy weapon sight from the IG mortar because I thought this looked a bit like a laser designator... I did this because there are no markerlights in any of the kits I have bought or am planning to buy)

cyclic ion has a triangular barrel on the actual model, and the grenade launcher looks like a grenade launcher LOL (what more can i say)

best bet would be to but the finecrap commander as he has them. i know you said you want all plastic but sometimes its just plain easier to just get the model

*edit*

my bad wrong gun cyclic blaster is a PITA to make, maybe daisy 3-4 ion rifle barrels like a burst cannon on a burst cannon body?

Maybe easier to get model for finecast bits, but much cheaper to kit bash :-)

I think I can do the frag-launcher with the body section of an IG autocannon with a grenade-launcher barrel (and some tau-y bits to sit where I cut off the aquillas)

I reckon I will give your idea re blaster a go