PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points of Iyanden

robosmurf
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
What makes them Iyanden? Not much really....

Spirit Seer
10 Wraithguard

6 Wraithguard with D-scythes
Wave Serpent with TW SL and Shuriken Cannon

5 Wraithblades with??? I really want to give them axes because... Well I dunno just cause

2 Warwalkers
SL and BL on each
Wraithwalkers! (http://i.imgur.com/iO7KpbK.jpg)

Wraithlord
Sword, SL and BL and flamers

Wraithknight, plain old guy with no upgrades

Its 1487 points, which leaves me 13 points that I cant find anything worth using on.

Its a ten man tarpit unit with the wraithblades to back them up. D-Scythes and Wraithknight to go out hunting for stuff. Waveserpent may be able to go a 4th turn grab one the wraithblades to contest another objective.

Garradh
11-27-2013, 05:36 PM
What makes them Iyanden? Not much really....

Spirit Seer
10 Wraithguard

6 Wraithguard with D-scythes
Wave Serpent with TW SL and Shuriken Cannon

5 Wraithblades with??? I really want to give them axes because... Well I dunno just cause

2 Warwalkers
SL and BL on each
Wraithwalkers! (http://i.imgur.com/iO7KpbK.jpg)

Wraithlord
Sword, SL and BL and flamers

Wraithknight, plain old guy with no upgrades

Its 1487 points, which leaves me 13 points that I cant find anything worth using on.

Its a ten man tarpit unit with the wraithblades to back them up. D-Scythes and Wraithknight to go out hunting for stuff. Waveserpent may be able to go a 4th turn grab one the wraithblades to contest another objective.

My 2 cents -

I modeled a Wraithlord with SL and BL and I've regretted it ever since, because I can't get the damn SL off without breaking something. It half-***** antitank and infantry instead of being good at anything.

For tarpitting, take axe/shield Wraithblades. For line-backup, take sword Wraithblades.

Drop a Wraithguard from the tarpit, that means you'll have 45 points to play with. Plenty of options available when you have 45 points to think about. I would suggest spending 15 of that on a holo-field, that gives you 30 points to give your Spiritseer a bit more whomp or survivability depending on what relic(s) you take.

Anggul
11-28-2013, 07:27 AM
I would get the Spirit Stone for your Spiritseer if you can, just because it lets you use Voice of Twilight for one Warp Charge, so you can cast two powers per turn.

SL/BL works well for War Walkers because they can be taken in squadrons, but for Wraithlords I would just take two of the same gun. As single models they can't really make the mixed loadout worthwhile.

Wraithblades don't have much of a place, but they aren't terrible. If you want them to tank Monstrous Creatures and chop them down, go for Axe+Shield, if you want them to mince through Power Armour, go for Swords. I would say the best use for them is Axe+Shield because it gives them a purpose. If you wanted to do away with squads of Space Marines you would just use D-scythes. Axe+Shield Wraithblades can easily beat and run down a Riptide... if they can catch it.

robosmurf
11-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I may switch the Wraithlord to just a star cannon I think. The meta in my gaming group has a fair number of space marines and use axes and shields on the Wraithblades for terminator killing. If I drop the weapon from the Wraithlord and one wraithguard from the 10 man unit I think I can afford the stone to drop the warp charge and holo field for the wave serpent.

Anggul
11-28-2013, 04:57 PM
The thing is, the Terminators have more attacks than the Wraithblades and are still wounding on 2+ due to Power Fists/Thunder Hammers, so even shooty Terminators with a slightly worse invulnerable save than the Wraithblades are going to win, let alone Assault Terminators with Storm Shields.

I always prefer Scatter Lasers over Starcannons because they're good against so many things. They'll still do loads of damage to Space Marines, while also being effective against other targets.