PDA

View Full Version : WIP GK Dreadnought Conversion

Chanderzz
11-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello everyone, I'm making a Psyfleman Dreadnought for my Grey Knight army and I'm converting it to make it look more Grey Knight like. So I thought I would lost progress as I go, so here it is my first update:

I started with the Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought kit as I wanted to use the Librarian chassis to give it a psychic hood much like all the other knights.

The other bits are a mismatched pair of Forgeworld Autocanons and bits from the Grey Knights box and Grey Knight Terminators.

First I wanted to talk about the base, for my Grey Knight army they are all stood on mud with Vampire Count skeleton pieces embedded. I took inspiration from the first novel where they are on an un developed world where it is still medieval times.

The bases in the Dreadnought kits all come with the texture of concrete and bullet holes in so I wanted to fix that. For my basing I use tile grout (adhesive), it dries water proof and while still wet can be cleaned of models with water and a brush. It also give just some differences in height to the base.

If you leave it white, it could even make a good snow, I don't know I've never tried it. Anyway the base is below.

I meant to take more pictures as I was constructing the actual model but you know how it is you get into the groove and before you know it you're almost done.

Of particular note I chopped the librarian face out and replaced it with a Grey Knight head and I made 2 sets of arms, one is the Forgeworld Autocannons and the others using the halberd and storm Bolger for a thematic model as the other Grey Knights have force weapons and storm bolters.

I'm priming and painting separately so will post photos as it progresses.

Thanks for reading,
Chanderzz

Deadlift
11-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Great alternative to the FW one, looking forward to seeing how you progress.

YorkNecromancer
11-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Lovely conversion. Looking very nice so far.

primeministersinister
11-23-2013, 09:29 PM
I can't wait to see how this guy turns out painted. The conversion so far looks pretty convincing, so that's a good start.

Chanderzz
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Can I please get this thread closed?