PDA

View Full Version : If armies get super hevs...

Popsical
11-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Hi folks.
If each codex were to get a single super heavy that currently exists, realistically, which one could you see them getting?
Titans are ruled out of this discussion as there is no chance of them making it in. Obviously some armies don't have any yet, so any suggestions for future models? Are the tau and eldar big dudes the precursor to this event?

Guard: Malcador
Tyranids: hierodule
Space maureens (inc. variant codex): (I don't see them getting one)?
Dark elder: tantalus
Necron: ?
Chaos maureens: ?
Tau: riptide?
Eldar: wraithknight?
Deamons: big demon?
Orks: Big battle fortress?

Fire away!

Psychosplodge
11-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Sapce marines would surely get a fellhammer of some sort, or maybe those over sized landraiders?

Deadlift
11-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Sapce marines would surely get a fellhammer of some sort, or maybe those over sized landraiders?

Or maybe the large "walker" we heard rumours of prior to the codex release.

Psychosplodge
11-22-2013, 07:19 AM
NO!
No more silly walkers.
The centurions and dreadknights already look ridiculous.

DrLove42
11-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi folks.
If each codex were to get a single super heavy that currently exists, realistically, which one could you see them getting?
Titans are ruled out of this discussion as there is no chance of them making it in. Obviously some armies don't have any yet, so any suggestions for future models? Are the tau and eldar big dudes the precursor to this event?

Guard: Malcador
Tyranids: hierodule
Space maureens (inc. variant codex): (I don't see them getting one)?
Dark elder: tantalus
Necron: ?
Chaos maureens: ?
Tau: riptide?
Eldar: wraithknight?
Deamons: big demon?
Orks: Big battle fortress?

Fire away!

They'd get none of these. These are all FW models and GW won't copy them. They may be in the same vein, but they won't take FW models anymore. Least thats what they say

Guard already have the most plastic superheavies in all the Baneblades. Necrons have that flying megalith. Chaos marines and deamons have the blood..thingy that came with Apoc. Orks already have a plastic stompa.

Popsical
11-22-2013, 07:37 AM
+1 to that splodge!
Maybe a gunship between the thawk and the storm pigeon?

@ Dr love. Theres no way of getting those into standard 40k, as they just unbalance the game far too much. Also the "if" was meant as a big "IF" lol.

I do believe the guard will get a bigger tank than the lemon rusk in the next dex, it just makes sense.

xbenblasterx
11-22-2013, 08:40 AM
I reckon the Space Marines would get some variant on the Landraider surely? It's the signature dish for most of the chapters, for Grey Knight's I could definatly see some form of giant Dread Knight, I love that model so i'd totally be down with that :) although what about some sort of giant bound Demon under Grey Knight controll?

energongoodie
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
I'd buy a giant Tau battlesuit all day long!

xbenblasterx
11-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Is the riptide not big enough for you already?

energongoodie
11-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Nope....no it isn't :cool:

Psychosplodge
11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
There's such a thing as over compensation :D

Anggul
11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
I really doubt Tyranids would get the Heirodule, the Tyrannofex is almost as big and serves the same purpose. Here's hoping it doesn't suck in the new codex!

This Dave
11-22-2013, 09:55 AM
There's already been rumblings of a plastic Thunderhawk kit so that's probably what Marines will get.

rpricew
11-22-2013, 10:02 AM
I really doubt Tyranids would get the Heirodule, the Tyrannofex is almost as big and serves the same purpose. Here's hoping it doesn't suck in the new codex!

If only the Tyrannofex could put out anywhere near the firepower the Heirodule could... they would have been totally awesome! Here's hoping that the new codex breathes life into them! :)

SaveModifier
11-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Id love to get a chance to use my Stompa!

Demonus
11-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Im hoping in the new GK codex, they have a 300pt unit that is a Dreadknight INSIDE a bigger robot!

Archon
11-22-2013, 03:45 PM
They'd get none of these. These are all FW models and GW won't copy them. They may be in the same vein, but they won't take FW models anymore. Least thats what they say

Guard already have the most plastic superheavies in all the Baneblades. Necrons have that flying megalith. Chaos marines and deamons have the blood..thingy that came with Apoc. Orks already have a plastic stompa.

I agree here - no more fw-adaptions ... but you never know ... but a supplement, that will allow SHs as a Lord of War - Slot, it will maybe allow explizit the use of fw stuff.

In fact there a only three super heavys in the gw range:

Baneblade & Variants, The khorne skullcleaverwalkervehicle and the necron über-mono

So gw could put out some new SH-plastic-kits for the other volks, but i don´t believe in that. I guess there will be rules to put something like a apo-formation in the lord of war slot as a substitute for SHs.

Houghten
11-22-2013, 04:45 PM
In fact there a only three super heavys in the gw range:

Baneblade & Variants, The khorne skullcleaverwalkervehicle and the necron über-mono

Wait, wot?

Oy, Stompa! Get over 'ere! Some git finks you ain't real!

SON OF ROMULOUS
11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
honestly i think it comes down to what types. i know i have a cohort of titans that i would love to see get some table top experience. i also know i have a few bane blades that have dust on them currently....
I think if you make them a 0-1 choice limit their % of your army total then you can have a decent game. for me it would be like oh you want to sink 600+ points into a stompa... okay go for it. I know they would adjust their rules to they would not be the same as they are in appoc. putting them in a regular game with tweaks would make me happy. id be including my baneblade or stormblade very quickly with in my tank company :) can you say command tank?

Archon Charybdis
11-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Worth pointing out that the Tantalus (for some inexplicable reason) is not a super-heavy, more like a lightly armored Land Raider.

Skullchewer
11-26-2013, 07:41 AM
I was thinking along the lines of the superheavy expansion being to bring the FW stuff into standard 40K, which would tie in with all the "FW is official" stuff that has been going around lately. They can then fill in the gaps.
Would give me an excuse to finally buy that Meka Dread!
I hope you Tau players have fat wallets...

Katharon
11-26-2013, 08:17 AM
I was thinking along the lines of the superheavy expansion being to bring the FW stuff into standard 40K, which would tie in with all the "FW is official" stuff that has been going around lately. They can then fill in the gaps.
Would give me an excuse to finally buy that Meka Dread!
I hope you Tau players have fat wallets...

Except that FW models have always been able to be taken in games of WH40K. Heck, the original Baneblade was able to be taken in the regular game. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that owns the original or a copy of the first Imperial Armour book. FW has always been official, no quotation marks necessary. What people have been wary of is the fact that FW models always came with rules that made the units really strong. Which is why you had the Baneblade, after they realized how overpowered it was in a regular game, removed from the regular game and relegated to special large games until the creation of Apoc.

So really, the whole idea of "Escalation" is just a return to the old days when the first IA book was printed in 2000. We've always had "40K Approved" stamps or designations. Nothing new about this -- just a dusting off of old sales techniques to gain more cash flow.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Hasn't FW only mattered to tournaments?
As you say Katharon, the original stuff was for the enthusiast to include in their regular games and armies. With the idea being always explain to your opponent what it is and does if they aren't familiar with it?

Katharon
11-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Hasn't FW only mattered to tournaments?
As you say Katharon, the original stuff was for the enthusiast to include in their regular games and armies. With the idea being always explain to your opponent what it is and does if they aren't familiar with it?

Yes and yes.

Skullchewer
11-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Except that FW models have always been able to be taken in games of WH40K. Heck, the original Baneblade was able to be taken in the regular game. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that owns the original or a copy of the first Imperial Armour book. FW has always been official, no quotation marks necessary. What people have been wary of is the fact that FW models always came with rules that made the units really strong. Which is why you had the Baneblade, after they realized how overpowered it was in a regular game, removed from the regular game and relegated to special large games until the creation of Apoc.

So really, the whole idea of "Escalation" is just a return to the old days when the first IA book was printed in 2000. We've always had "40K Approved" stamps or designations. Nothing new about this -- just a dusting off of old sales techniques to gain more cash flow.

Yes I know, Hence my use of quotation marks in my post.