PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld/Imperial Armour 40K Rules Locations... Sticky?

Denzark
11-22-2013, 03:14 AM
I was thinking about whihc particular editions of the FW/IA books have 40K approved stamps in for different units. Knowing this would help both purchasers in knowing what rule books they ought to have to use their resin-y crack, and TOs for what rules ought to govern them - after all you wouldn't want a player to bring an outdated IA book where the points costs have gone up since?

As such, is there any desire for a thread, possibly sticky, to cover where the latest rules can be found? Such as:

Army Unit Book
IG Maximillian Wiesmann IA 1 Vol 2
Necron Night Shroud Bomber IA 12 The Fall of Orpheus

Etc etc. There may be similar lists elsewhere on t'internet - but we wouldn't want to go to visit them types now would we?

Any thoughts/comments appreciated,

PaD
11-22-2013, 07:41 AM
I've been thinking that an Index of all the Forgeworld Rules (sorted by Model, rather than by book though) would be a huge help for some time. I even emailed FW directly a couple of weeks back to ask if they had something like that, or were thinking of doing one in the future. Their exact words were "that's too much work" !!!

I have access to all the Imperial Armour books (cough *pdf* cough), so perhaps I should get off my lazy butt and do it myself...

Popsical
11-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Damn good idea Denzark. This really does need stickying.
Has anyone else noticed that the chapter tactics and space Maureen characters have had and V2 update already?

Denzark
11-22-2013, 10:03 AM
I've been thinking that an Index of all the Forgeworld Rules (sorted by Model, rather than by book though) would be a huge help for some time. I even emailed FW directly a couple of weeks back to ask if they had something like that, or were thinking of doing one in the future. Their exact words were "that's too much work" !!!

I have access to all the Imperial Armour books (cough *pdf* cough), so perhaps I should get off my lazy butt and do it myself...

That's such a rubbish excuse from FW. If all the books were to hand it would take no more than 30 minutes.

I don't know what's the latest books from the old IA Apoc, after new apoc rules, anyone any ideas to start us off?

Popsical
11-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Start with guard then maureens then in order of number units available.
As an example the caestus assault ram has so many versions of its rules its silly.

Maciej Kaminski
11-22-2013, 12:29 PM
http://maciejkaminski.pl/ialist_en.html for you

Denzark
11-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Well blow me down - good work Maciej, many thanks.

Maciej Kaminski
12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
http://maciejkaminski.pl/ialist_en.html updated to include stuff from recent IA2, recent FW updates and Escalation and Be'Lakor