PDA

View Full Version : noob vehicle close combat question

Rough Touch
11-21-2013, 05:21 AM
I know if you get into close combat your stuck in it until the fights over, but if you charge a vehicle in close combat and it survives the round can it just drive off in the distance and out for range in its next round?

Wolfshade
11-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Yes, you are never locked in combat with a vehicle so even if it is immobilised you can shoot and charge it again on your next turn despite still being in base to base.
Similiarly the unit can be shot at as it is not locked.

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 06:21 AM
As above, but with the important caveat that it does not apply to vehicles designated as 'Walkers'.

Asuryan
11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, you are never locked in combat with a vehicle so even if it is immobilised you can shoot and charge it again on your next turn despite still being in base to base.
Similiarly the unit can be shot at as it is not locked.

Is it still the case where if you immobilize a vehicle in your cc you get to attack it in their assault phase as well?

DarkLink
11-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes.

Nabterayl
11-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Is it still the case where if you immobilize a vehicle in your cc you get to attack it in their assault phase as well?
It doesn't have to be immobilized. Any unit with models in base contact with an enemy vehicle during the vehicle's Assault phase may (but apparently don't have to) fight another round of close combat, even if it isn't locked in combat. As page 76 says:

Units that still have models in base contact with a vehicle during its Assault phase may attack it again, just as in a normal ongoing combat (including all models that would count as engaged in a normal assault).

So if a vehicle is charged and doesn't win the ensuing combat, and it doesn't move out of base contact during its turn, it's subject to being assaulted again during its own turn, whether it's Immobilized or not.

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 11:33 AM
I did not know that!

Good call Nab!

Wolfshade
11-22-2013, 02:51 AM
I pressume though the attackers don't get +1 A as they didn't charge, but auto hit as the tank did not move.

Asuryan
11-22-2013, 12:37 PM
So if a vehicle is charged and doesn't win the ensuing combat, and it doesn't move out of base contact during its turn, it's subject to being assaulted again during its own turn, whether it's Immobilized or not.

I knew it didn't have to be immobilized for but really unless your facing a new player moving the tank is one of the first things the player will do.

Nabterayl
11-22-2013, 12:44 PM
I pressume though the attackers don't get +1 A as they didn't charge, but auto hit as the tank did not move.
Correct on both accounts.

I knew it didn't have to be immobilized for but really unless your facing a new player moving the tank is one of the first things the player will do.
It's not something that's likely to come up very often, you're right - most vehicles will try to get out of there. There are some circumstances in which they might not be able to, though. For instance, a tank that tries to tank shock its way through surrounding infantry might get Death or Glory!'d into immobility, or if fighting in Difficult Terrain it might immobilize itself when it tries to move. Or it might be one of those rare land vehicles that isn't a Tank and can't tank shock its way out, like an ork buggy or trukk without a reinforced ram, or an IG Tauros.