PDA

View Full Version : The General Pooter Games Thread.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Wolfshade
01-08-2014, 05:50 AM
I don't so much part with games as create virtual machines for them to live on

eldargal
01-08-2014, 06:40 AM
I watched the IGN demo video and was legitimately scared. This is what Alien games should have always been.

Yup, genuinely tense, really looking forward to it.

Wolfshade
01-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Finally!

SimCity will have a single player offline version following Update10.

"Offline is coming as a free download with Update 10 to all SimCity players," states Patrick Buechner, the general manager of the Maxis Emeryville studio. "When we launch it, all of your previously downloaded content will be available to you anytime, anywhere, without the need for an internet connection. We are in the late phases of wrapping up its development and while we want to get it into your hands as soon as possible, our priority is to make sure that it’s as polished as possible before we release it. So, until then… testing, testing and more testing."

Might be worth getting now, though with it not being on Steam it has widely fallen off my radar...

Psychosplodge
01-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Nope, not putting origin on my machine.

Wolfshade
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Pretty mucht his

Wildeybeast
01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Then how do you play mass effect?

ACE01
01-13-2014, 01:59 PM

^^ I was thinking that. BF and Mass effect. I still hate origin though and tell them every survey!

Wolfshade
01-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Simples, I don't.
Actually I may have Origins, as I have DA:O

Psychosplodge
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM

On steam?

And three looks rubbish anyway.

eldargal
01-14-2014, 12:02 AM
ME3 is brilliant. Though I have a problem at the moment, apparently a bug with Origin, that means I crash whenever I enter the Multiplayer lobby which means I can't boost my readiness score percentage.><

On the subject of Bioware games, have I mentioned how ridiculously excited I am for Dragon Age Inquisition? Easily my most anticipated game of 2014.

Psychosplodge
01-14-2014, 02:35 AM
See, rubbish :D

Wolfshade
01-14-2014, 03:03 AM
I didn't think you would like DA:I, of course the most eagerly awaited game is Fallout 4....

Psychosplodge
01-14-2014, 03:06 AM
I dread the thought they're going to tack some ****ty multiplayer onto it though.

Psychosplodge
01-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Seems legit

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1525335_2024757440912830_1783541535_n.jpg

Psychosplodge
01-17-2014, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mWZLa4AnN5k

Psychosplodge
01-20-2014, 03:17 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2pqt9cg.jpg

Wolfshade
01-20-2014, 03:30 AM
Yeah but also having cooler looking equipment is a good enough reason to kill someone.
Ohh, I like you gun, *blam*, oh you were a key quest giver *facepalm*

I now want a Postman Pat mod for fallout.

Psychosplodge
01-20-2014, 03:30 AM
Yeah they didn't think that out...

I also discovered that I quite enjoy the parachuting on GTA V:Online with twice as many wins as losses :D
as opposed to car racing which is the other way round :D
Also the income from parachuting is far higher, which helps...

Wolfshade
01-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Best patch note ever:

•“Players can't pile backpacks inside of other backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.”

(From DayZ).

Psychosplodge
01-20-2014, 06:44 AM
But bags of holding are quality pieces of kit...

Learn2Eel
01-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Microsoft have really sunk to a new low. Illegal marketing? Check. Bribery? Check. Damaging integrity of all gaming media? Check. But hey, MONEYZZZZ!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754946

F**k Microsoft. This is f**king bullsh*t.

So now every time we see someone doing a positive review of an Xbox One console/game/feature/etc, we have to call it into question because of this stupid crap. I hope Microsoft get stung for this badly, yes, they have actually BROKEN THE LAW.

Psychosplodge
01-21-2014, 02:35 AM
That's unbelievably dodgy.
It's been one PR disaster after another for MS with the XBone...

Kirsten
01-21-2014, 06:18 AM
the console just isn't ready for sale, it has so many different faults it is ridiculous. they must have rushed it out to compete with Sony, it evidently needed another six months minimum. more than 10% now have been returned to our store faulty. Microsoft are desperate to try and sweep it under the rug.

ACE01
01-22-2014, 03:36 AM
I was about to say hurrah for PC gaming, but then...

it evidently needed another six months minimum.

I figured you could absolutely be talking about EA/Dice and BF4, sadly!

Kirsten
01-22-2014, 05:49 AM
definitely. I have always been a battlefield fan, but the campaign in 4 is only about four hours long, and it crashed five times in those four hours. not even bothered trying the online yet, I will wait until it is fixed.

ACE01
01-22-2014, 06:24 AM
I've not tried the campaign as the BF3 one was disappointing (or forgettable at least, I don't recall it...) and heard this one was shorter.

The first month and a half of BF4 I couldn't stay in a server. Complete write off. Since then it is better, but still not 100%, with spiky bits and crappy netcode. They should have put their resources into building the game(s) instead of the useless pile of nonsense that is Origin.

Learn2Eel
01-22-2014, 07:41 AM
I've been lucky with Battlefield 4, only one game crash, only one server disconnect, one one massive lag spike, all in separate cases. But then, I've only put in like a combined 6 hours or so into the multiplayer, and two or so into the campaign. I'm going to start playing it more often now that I am confident with how it is working.

Hopefully the issues are resolved for everyone else in short time!

Oh right, may as well comment on the campaign. Fun, but.....so grating. Let's round down the character stereotypes basically. There's the mandatory African-American soldier who swears incessantly, talks about "the hood" and so on. Badly designed set pieces, incoherent and unnecessary plot. Whatever.

Wolfshade
01-22-2014, 07:59 AM
UK gamers believer they're bumping into that country's mandatory ISP-level smut filters, courtesy of a filename that accidentally red-flags the purience-punting grumble-blockers.
It seems that users trying to download upgrades to the game League of Legends are stalling when they reach files called VarusExpirationTimer.luaobj and XerathMageChainsExtended.luaobj. Both of the files include the sequence s-e-x in the filename: not so much a “false positive” as a “true positive by accident” combined with an extreme case of don't-even-mention-the-word Victorian morality.

Psychosplodge
01-22-2014, 08:04 AM
UK gamers believer they're bumping into that country's mandatory ISP-level smut filters, courtesy of a filename that accidentally red-flags the purience-punting grumble-blockers.
It seems that users trying to download upgrades to the game League of Legends are stalling when they reach files called VarusExpirationTimer.luaobj and XerathMageChainsExtended.luaobj. Both of the files include the sequence s-e-x in the filename: not so much a “false positive” as a “true positive by accident” combined with an extreme case of don't-even-mention-the-word Victorian morality.

Seriously?
They were told it was unworkable. Why do they never listen?

eldargal
01-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Because politicians are addicted to moralistic bull**** crusades like this one? 'We'll save the kiddies from corruption by spending a lot of money on a bull**** filter which won't work'.

Learn2Eel
01-22-2014, 08:24 AM
But wait a second, can't kids still just go in and watch MA+15 (or the British equivalent) movies and see this stuff anyway? Or have their parents buy them DVDs?

Surely this is one of the most moronic moves a major modern government has made.

Psychosplodge
01-22-2014, 08:29 AM
How our ratings work

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/

Mr Mystery
01-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Because politicians are addicted to moralistic bull**** crusades like this one? 'We'll save the kiddies from corruption by spending a lot of money on a bull**** filter which won't work'.

And what happened last time we let the Puritans have their way? Cromwell.

You'd have thought we'd have learnt our lesson.

Psychosplodge
01-22-2014, 08:50 AM
But what happened last time we didn't? America...

Mr Mystery
01-22-2014, 10:19 AM
No, 'Murica happened because we were all hungover and forgot to send the Navy out to scuttle the Mayflower fleet.

Apologies once again, rest of the world.

Psychosplodge
01-22-2014, 10:25 AM
And why was the mayflower sailing? Because we wouldn't tolerate the puritans religious persecution of others...

Mr Mystery
01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
But we always intended to give them a very special, multiple cannon whoops-we-hit-your-ships send off.

We just partied so hard on account of their leaving we forgot!

It's (probably) historical fact!

Wolfshade
01-23-2014, 09:36 AM
GTA V and the realistic physics:

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnhappyGregariousBluegill.mp4

Psychosplodge
01-23-2014, 09:42 AM
I didn't know you could do that.
I'm going to have to try now...

Wolfshade
01-23-2014, 09:45 AM
It's like my commute only more boring ;)

Psychosplodge
01-23-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure how to get the bike up there though.
Wonder if the cargobob will lift one?

Wolfshade
01-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Just sayin' http://road.cc/content/news/78645-cyclist-conquers-worlds-5th-tallest-building-riding-skyscrapers-stairs-all-2754

Psychosplodge
01-23-2014, 09:51 AM
That'd work if the inside of the building was there...

Psychosplodge
01-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Important news (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25878678) for any dedicated retro games collector

Wolfshade
01-24-2014, 07:17 AM
While not strictly a computer game, there has been a lot of noise recently about Steam machines, a "console-like" pc dedicate to running steam and its linux-based OS.
Alienware (the "gamer" focused arm of Dell) have announced their machine, and have clarrified an earlier post saying that the machines won't be upgradeable to they will be upgradeable but owing to the smaller form factor will be more difficult than say a normal rig.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/01/Alienware-Steam-Machine-610x34611.jpg

Psychosplodge
01-24-2014, 07:20 AM
pain in the arse upgrading the small form factor dells. You have to get two thirds height cards.

eldargal
01-24-2014, 07:21 AM
So it's a PC console.

Psychosplodge
01-24-2014, 07:24 AM
So are the newest two.
Without the upgradability.

Wolfshade
01-24-2014, 07:34 AM
So it's a PC console.

Yes that is the market of the steam machines.

They are designed to be living room friendly, that is utilising passive cooling, and lowever voltages to lower operational noise. There are several manurfactures that are building their own versions.
I think if I were to want to play games in my living room, I would just stream it across the lan,

eldargal
01-24-2014, 07:37 AM
No I see the point of it, I'm just wondering why anyone would buy a regular console beyond the exclusive games now.:p

Psychosplodge
01-24-2014, 07:38 AM
I'd just run in some a long hdmi cable, and extender for mouse and keyboard wires...

Wolfshade
01-24-2014, 08:26 AM
No I see the point of it, I'm just wondering why anyone would buy a regular console beyond the exclusive games now.:p

Because they are cheaper.

Kirsten
01-25-2014, 06:11 PM
well I am currently 15 hours into Tales of Vesperia since it was going cheap on Xbox Live. last one I played was Symphonia on the Gamecube, which I put a hell of a lot of hours into. I am not a JRPG fan by and large, but the Tales games are a bit different. I am not a huge fan of them, they don't really stand out, but equally they don't do anything badly either. they are decent enough that you just seem to keep on going and going. Plot is decent but not great, characters are pretty good but don't massively stand out, aside from the dog with the smoking pipe obviously. It is just all in all a good time sink. Rather hoping at this point that some of the plot lines get resolved a little though, things keep getting weirder and weirder with no resolution in sight. It does avoid a number of cliches though, and I was very pleasantly surprised when the villain is literally getting away with mass murder because of his political clout, and the main character (you) quietly assassinates him in a cutscene to make sure he doesn't. rather darker moment than I expected for a game like this.

Wolfshade
01-27-2014, 05:25 AM
It sounds like a "nuts and bolts" game. Not outstanding, but not bad.

PCGamer's Mod of the Week: Middle Earth for CKII

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/26/mod-of-the-week-the-middle-earth-project-for-crusader-kings-ii/

As expected it goes horribly wrong, as predicted.

Kirsten
01-27-2014, 06:08 AM
pretty much, it is easy to get absorbed into it for hours, even if you wont remember a whole lot of the game afterwards. I am past the thirty hour mark now and still going strong. not many games you can say that about.

Wolfshade
01-27-2014, 06:13 AM
I tend to find, I have a small game collection, but they have hundereds of hours notched up against them.

One of my favs of all time is "Star Trek: Birth of the Federation" I was a very sad puppy when I couldn't get that to run on my machine :'(

Kirsten
01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/pc_zps17731b47.jpg

eldargal
01-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Ha, brilliant.:p Kind of bad outcome for Middle Earth though, given that PCs would win...

Psychosplodge
01-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Really it's the tide of consoles that should be coming at them.
Somebody fix it :D

Kirsten
01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
anybody know of any good ship combat games? (naval, air, space, whatever)
I had a hankering to play Skies of Arcadia again, but my copy has gone walkabout at some point when my parents have moved house and an ebay replacement is £50, more than it cost ten years ago new. it had a cool turn based ship combat system and I can't turn up anything similar anywhere.

Wolfshade
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Ever play XCOM interceptor?

Kirsten
01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
nope

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 02:49 AM
You can find Skies of Arcadia for less than £100? :eek:

I'm not very good at it, but have you tried the naval battles in Empire:Total war?

Kirsten
01-29-2014, 04:50 AM
not played much Empire, I rather burned out on Total War playing Rome. I bought Empire because it was about £3 on steam, but not really tried it.

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Love Empire :)

Hello 13 colonies, Oh, so you are rebelling against me, probably not the best time to declare independece with two grand armies less than a turn's walk away from your capital now was it? Oh, that's right, you are back under control of your betters.

I've spent longer wresting control back from pirates.

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Colonies joined in their entirety willingly for the minor requirement of crushing the french in the New World. As if that wasn't the plan anyway...

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 05:34 AM
Obviously your diplomacy involved something other than a the "declare war" option, i'm not sure I understand.

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Came up as one of those mini objectives.
Colonies will join your faction if you capture xyz which were essentially all the french possessions in north america.

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 05:41 AM
Lucky.

Damnit I want to play Empire again now.

Kirsten
01-29-2014, 07:57 AM
might try that Sid Meier Ace Pilot thingy, looks like Aeronautica in video game form.

I think I am nearing the end of Tales of Vesperia, and want to play another, but Xillia is PS3 only and my PS3 is dead :(

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Can't you get a dirt cheap second hand one?

Kirsten
01-29-2014, 08:09 AM
not cheap enough, they are still around £120

I will get a replacement eventually, because I will definitely play stuff like Valkyria Chronicles again, and The Last of US. Also with me buying Playstation Plus for the PS4, it works with my PS3 account as well, so I have 'bought' a load of free PS3 games this month and can't actually play them.

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Can't you borrow one on long term basis?

Kirsten
01-29-2014, 08:11 AM
I might badger the manager and see if he will lend me one of his, he has two for some reason.

Psychosplodge
01-29-2014, 08:20 AM
how random

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 08:36 AM
When people talk about badgering I have the mental image of throwing badgers at people.

Kirsten
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
isn't that not how you are supposed to do it?

hmm, PS3 might actually live again, hopefully sorted the issue. could still do with more memory, had to delete a load of stuff to free space, but it will keep me going a while.

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 02:03 PM
isn't that not how you are supposed to do it?
:D

Psychosplodge
01-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Playing GTA V online last night in a closed session with the SO. Cruising around twocking and doing armed robberies. All went well till she decided to shoot me in the face ¬_¬

Who said romance was dead?

Wolfshade
01-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Because of you, I am playing Empire, again.

Sweden this time.

Not a nice place to start, but ho hum, first plan, unite norway & sweden. Bit of a problem, Norway is allied to Poland-Lithuania and Russia. Ah declare war! Thankfully, Russia, didn't want in, too busy dealing with internal issues, and Poland-Lithuania, while declaring war didn't respond as it was already engaed with a war with Austria. Short story Norway (inc. Iceland) is mine, all the while building my economy to build a second land army to take out Poland-Lithuania. Thankfully, they had been getting a bit of a mawling from Austria so I picked up three provinces undefended.

Next up: Ottamans. In my defense they provoked me by sending a islamic preacher into my lands.

Kirsten
01-30-2014, 08:00 AM
plus once you beat the Ottomans you will never be short of a place to sit.

I finished Vesperia last night, tomorrow is payday so Tomb Raider Definitive on PS4, and probably Tales of Xillia on PS3

Psychosplodge
01-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Because of you, I am playing Empire, again.

Sweden this time.

Next up: Ottamans. In my defense they provoked me by sending a islamic preacher into my lands.

ooops
I was tempted myself. but then got the text to go on GTAV

Spam them with missionaries or bishops or whatever, assainate theirs. Their thing eventually rebels either joins you or easy to pick off without embroiling yourself in another war.

I finished Vesperia last night, tomorrow is payday so Tomb Raider Definitive on PS4, and probably Tales of Xillia on PS3

that too.

So it is working then?

Wolfshade
01-30-2014, 08:38 AM

That amused me too much.

Kirsten
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
So it is working then?

seems to be at the moment yeah, turned it on yesterday to do some uninstalling/reinstalling of updates, and it seems to live.

That amused me too much.

it amused me too

Learn2Eel
01-31-2014, 12:25 AM

I'm thinking of getting Tomb Raider Definitive as well the next time I have money to spend. Sadly, that will also probably be when Thief comes out :( Oh well, at least I'll have more games to play until inFamous in March.

Starting to get a bit anxious about Thief, actually. Early previews are likening it more to an action game with silly AI, though methinks a "pure Thief" experience will still be possible with the hardcore setting + using highest difficulty settings. Hopefully. If not, I may give it a pass. It sounds like the previews were playing on medium difficulty with no AI settings, so hopefully I won't be disappointed!

Actually while I am here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44djyrRLE6Y

You can all thank me later :D

Kirsten
01-31-2014, 07:17 AM
I am about to play tomb raider now.

looking forward to Thief Still, and Lords of Shadow 2, and inFamous 3

eldargal
01-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Hope you enjoy Tomb Raider, it was one of my favourite games of 2013.:) Waiting on the sequel comic and hoping they make a sequel game.

Kirsten
01-31-2014, 09:28 AM
yeah I loved it last year on the 360, was just thinking to myself a few months back that I could play it again when they announced the next gen version, so I snapped it up. plus I got it for free because I traded in a few old games. amazing how it looks now.

Wolfshade
01-31-2014, 03:04 PM
So, had a little diversion on my Ottoman adventure, Russia kept putting rather large armies on my borders, Prussia crushed Austria down to one state, which was surrounded my my Swedish empire so I crushed it.
But the biggest surprise, France engaged Hannover in a land war, 1 on 1, Hannover won quite convincingly wiping out France taking all of its territories in Europe. This is the first time that I have seen a minor nation destroy a major one.

Kirsten
01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Tales of Xillia is awesome. Previous Tales games, as I said above, have been solid, fun, but not outstanding. they are pretty basic. Tales of Xillia has upped the graphics and animation, added speed and fluidity, polished things, better RPG elements. On the face of it it looks much the same, but a few small additions have made a huge difference, very surprising.

also Tomb Raider looks stunning on PS4.

Wolfshade
01-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Thinking of Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider running the at 2400x1800

http://dl.pcgamer.com/LPC/tombraider/lpc-tombraider-13.png

Psychosplodge
02-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm having a serious can't be arsed to game issue. This weekend I've had literally all weekend to game, and I've barely played a couple of hours of planetside 2 and that's it :(

Deadlift
02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Im hooked into wow still :D. I recently made a priest and instead of questing to lvl I have been using the dungeon finder and healing my way though the lvls. Loads of fun even if some of the PuGs are a bit erratic.

Psychosplodge
02-02-2014, 04:15 PM
I've never wow'd as i'm not really sociable enough on an mmorpg. I prefer my rpgs to be single or just multiplayer like baldurs gate and neverwinter nights.

Psychosplodge
02-06-2014, 03:17 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/30ww94p.jpg

Wildeybeast
02-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Silly bandits. They never learn do they?

Kirsten
02-06-2014, 02:46 PM
playing some Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon. it is pretty fun and silly, I approve. run around shooting giant over grown insects, with over the top weapons that can blow up buildings.

Psychosplodge
02-07-2014, 02:43 AM
Silly bandits. They never learn do they?

Nope...

eldargal
02-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Really looking forward to 'Banished', a city building sim set in the middle ages coming out in ten days. Hope it isn't terrible like Stronghold 3.:(

Kirsten
02-09-2014, 07:41 AM
I looked into the Stronghold games, there are no good castle builders.

eldargal
02-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Stronghold wasn't bad when it was released, dated a lot now though. Stronghold Crusades was great fun. Stronghold 3 was an unmitigated disaster, they may have patched it into something resembling a decent game but I can't be bothered trying it despite owning it on Steam... They aren't city builders though really which is why I'm looking forward to Banished.

Learn2Eel
02-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I looked into the Stronghold games, there are no good castle builders.

Avoid the 3D ones like the plague. Stronghold 2 is.....mediocre, but it isn't too bad, though at that point you may as well play Medieval 2 Total War. The fantastical one with dragons and stuff is poor and something that is far better done by the King Arthur games. I don't need to elaborate on Stronghold 3 as eldargal already has, but another problem it faces even with all the eventual fixes is that it competes with a far better strategy game released in the same year, Shogun 2 Total War. See a theme here? And yes I know it is a bit unfair as they are very different games, but still, they are mediocre at best games that are simply outclassed as strategy games by others.

Now, the 2D ones? The original is great and serves as a learning tool for Crusader. Where Stronghold is oriented around scenic battles and sieges, Crusader is built for skirmish and is also easily the best in the series in that regard. Crusader has easily the most longevity, but it is probably better to start with the first Stronghold to really get to grips with everything.

I still play the 2D Stronghold games every so often and I think that the fact they are 2D sprite-based visuals is what allows them to stand the test of time - that and their fantastic gameplay of course. It's not like early (or just crappy in the case of the later Stronghold games) 3D games where they actively make you feel sick to play them.

Aenir
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
bit older, but Payday 2 has recaptured my interest, got the Cloakers back (scary smart and sneaky as hell)

Psychosplodge
02-10-2014, 03:20 AM
Stolen from tumblr

http://i59.tinypic.com/33ypeg3.jpg

Grand theft pokemon 5 :D

Wolfshade
02-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Civilisation: Total War

oooo

eldargal
02-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Dragon Age of Cybertron.

**** yes.

Gotthammer
02-10-2014, 03:47 AM
X-Dragon: Origins Unknown :cool:

ACE01
02-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Battlefield Dev Tycoon 4

Hmmmmnn. With the comedy of errors, I'm starting to think Game Dev Tycoon players might have been able to do a better job!

Kirsten
02-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Tales of Insect Armageddon.

Wildeybeast
02-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Diablo Manager 2014

Mr Mystery
02-10-2014, 02:05 PM
GTA Space Marine

Psychosplodge
02-11-2014, 03:00 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/5ph4zq.jpg

K/D ratio is the only true measure of a mate

Aenir
02-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Diablo Manager 2014

you got the 2014 variant? It stopped being good after bullfrog left and they dropped the dungeon keeper name :P

But honestly, nice to see another FMer around here :)

Gotthammer
02-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Q: What kind of overalls does Mario wear?

A: Denim denim denim

Kirsten
02-11-2014, 06:41 AM
hehehehehe

Wolfshade
02-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Goat Simulator: http://goat-simulator.com/

Wildeybeast
02-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Rome II is 50% off on Steam all weekend!!!!!

Wolfshade
02-14-2014, 12:47 PM
ooo

Wildeybeast
02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Yep, I just shelled out for it.

eldargal
02-15-2014, 01:40 AM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/2e07498195dcc8798b453750f1f0c08e/tumblr_mhsbqwY4SP1r8ae1oo1_500.jpg
Paint me like one of your French cabbages.

Wolfshade
02-15-2014, 03:03 AM
That was more amusing that it should have been. At least I now know why we collect cabages

eldargal
02-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Also love the inventive use of a nude mod.:rolleyes:

Some more:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/012b6ed6e37738e6a485e1eb8679e9d2/tumblr_mhsbqwY4SP1r8ae1oo2_500.jpg
https://24.media.tumblr.com/6cf8d0a8bea73771c60e76bcdcf3e8ad/tumblr_mhsbqwY4SP1r8ae1oo3_500.jpg
https://24.media.tumblr.com/f06b94916a784bbeef4dcc9ccc8ba4fd/tumblr_mhsbqwY4SP1r8ae1oo4_500.jpg

ElectricPaladin
02-17-2014, 12:47 AM
I've recently started playing Eredan. It's this online TCG. It's probably a terrible idea for me that I started playing it, but I could use more friends... maybe start a guild. If you already play - or end up trying it out - you should look me up. I'm ElectricPaladin there, as well, though we could also connect via Facebook if you send me a PM. I'm always eager to connect to more BoLSers on Facebook. I like it when my Facebook feed contains some miniature awesomeness!

Deadlift
02-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Bah, they aren't cabbages but enlarged Brussel sprouts.

Me I'm really getting stuck into Wow again at the moment. Picked up my Paladin again recently and am gearing up on the timeless isle. Not sure if you guys know the place but it's a nightmare place with huge animals that are over lvl 90 elite and some lvl 93 elite, all will kill you with a look. Still the drops are worth it.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 03:27 AM
About to rock DL's world: Cabbages are Brussel Sprouts

Deadlift
02-17-2014, 03:30 AM
Really ? Brussels grow on stalks and cabbages in the dirt ;)

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 03:32 AM
There's about five vegetables all from same plant originally isn't there?

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 04:24 AM
It is genetic engineering, it is a GM crop. Ban the Brussel Sprout! Can the Cabbage! It is against God's creation!

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 04:32 AM
Merely selective breeding.
And surely if the creator didn't intend you to genetically modify stuff it wouldn't be possible? :D

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 04:55 AM
What you are saying that God should limit what we can do against our free will? If I want to gene splice a griffa and an ostrich I will damn it.

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 04:56 AM
not been able to splice two things isnt a free will thing, I mean like you cant splice a rock and a turnip. It's just not possible...

Deadlift
02-17-2014, 05:01 AM
Ok let's debate about veg

No where can I find the info on Brussels being anything other than a vegtable in its own right. Of the same family as cabbages but no where can I see it being a GM product. Cultivated originally by Romans sure, but not an actual veg that's been created by human intervention.

http://www.brussels-sprouts.com/BSINFO.htm

So I think your farting up the wrong tree folks :D

eldargal
02-17-2014, 05:01 AM
I say scientists just aren't trying hard enough because Big Vegetable is against the development of rocknips.

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Ok let's debate about veg

No where can I find the info on Brussels being anything other than a vegtable in its own right. Of the same family as cabbages but no where can I see it being a GM product. Cultivated originally by Romans sure, but not an actual veg that's been created by human intervention.

http://www.brussels-sprouts.com/BSINFO.htm

So I think your farting up the wrong tree folks :D

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts

I say scientists just aren't trying hard enough because Big Vegetable is against the development of rocknips.

I'm still waiting for the GM Catgirl...

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 05:08 AM

Big Vegetable is so obviously under lizard man control it is not even funny.

Als DL, sprouts don't grow on trees. :p

Deadlift
02-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Pffttt I know they don't, they grow on those branch things, that make them more expensive to buy if you get them still attached. Apparently last longer.

But I go back to your point, Brussels are mini cabbages GMed by man ? Rubbish man your talking (amusing) rubbish :D.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 05:20 AM
It is selective breading to get certain characteristics. For some reason it is acceptable with flowers/plants/vegetables, even certain animals (like the projects to rebread extinct animals from hybrids). But you do it with people and suddenly it's 1930's Germany all over again.

eldargal
02-17-2014, 05:40 AM
It doesn't actually work with people it's weird, read some stuff on it a while back.

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Why wouldn't it work with people?

eldargal
02-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Why wouldn't it work with people?

Don't know, it just doesn't. Selective breeding initiatives in the late 19th and early 20th centuries all failed to produce anything resembling selectively bred traits.

Deadlift
02-17-2014, 05:44 AM
It is selective breading to get certain characteristics. For some reason it is acceptable with flowers/plants/vegetables, even certain animals (like the projects to rebread extinct animals from hybrids). But you do it with people and suddenly it's 1930's Germany all over again.

I know all this, I'm not a complete retard. But I still maintain that Brussels aren't a GM product derived from cabbages. You need to prove this young man ;)

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 05:46 AM
They're a selectively breed variety from the common point of Brassica oleracea

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Ok, it is GM but no in the way that tomatos have been spliced with fish dna. A better word would be cultivar. They are all cultivars of the species Brassica oleracea. There are 7 main types of cultivar:
Acephala Group – kale and collard greens
Alboglabra Group – Chinese broccoli
Botrytis Group – cauliflower, Romanesco broccoli and broccoflower
Capitata Group – cabbage
Gemmifera Group – brussels sprouts
Gongylodes Group – kohlrabi
Italica Group – broccoli

So they are all the same plant species, just different ones are breed selectively to have specific characteristics,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Brassica-garden.jpg
[Thanks Wookipodia]

Gotthammer
02-17-2014, 07:15 AM
What bugs me is how some things are a vegetable in a culinary sense due to being savoury, but are actually fruit in a biology sense (like tomatoes). Can make it really confusing because then you have strawberries which aren't berries, peanuts aren't nuts and kidneys aren't fruit..? I mean what's up with that?!

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Knowledge is knowing that a cucumber is fruit; Wisdom is not including it in a fruit salad - Me.

I avoid the whole issue by trying to eat a diet of potato and red meat.

Mr Mystery
02-17-2014, 07:22 AM
I like cucumber. It's a lovely fruit.

Also....see that Pineapple? That's a berry that is. And that Banana? That's actually a herb that is (apparently)

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 07:39 AM
Cucumbers are for eating? :eek: :confused: Who knew...

eldargal
02-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Cucumber sancwiches are delicious and you can pickle cucumbers into pickles which are even more delicious.

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 07:44 AM
That's not waht the internet says they're for...

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Also....see that Pineapple? That's a berry that is. And that Banana? That's actually a herb that is (apparently)

I knew about the banana, but not of the pineapple, so it is coalesced berries, who knew!?

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 07:52 AM
But isn't a berry a fruit?

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:08 AM
No, a berry is specifically the "fruit" formed by a single ovary. Whereas a fruit is other cases where the "fruit" isn't a single ovary. I think it is fair to say all berries are fruits, but not all fruits are berries.

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:09 AM
I think it is fair to say all berries are fruits, but not all fruits are berries.
Sounds berry controversial to me.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:19 AM
You just need to get to the stones of the issue.

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:22 AM
You just need to get to the stones of the issue.

Sounds fruitless if you ask me.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:27 AM
I think you just neet to lettuce go.

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:32 AM
But I always cherries a good debate.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:38 AM
It certainly is grape one

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:39 AM
As discussions go it's certainly in a plum position.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:42 AM
We mustard come to a concensus on this one by now.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Dudgeon Keeper free on GoG.com oh wait missed the boat, until Sunday 10:59 GMT. Damn.

(Orange you glad this wasn't a fruit pun post).

Gotthammer
02-17-2014, 08:51 AM
This thread is bananas.

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Back when it first came out Dungeon Keeper was the apple of my eye.;)

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 08:57 AM
A Sublime puntastic game: Sesame Street Fighter (http://flavourmachine.com/sesamefighter/)
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/02/Free-games-COOKIE.png

eldargal
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Graphics look sub-pear.

Gotthammer
02-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Making games like that would be nice - I mean having a stupid idea and seeing it bear fruit like that.

Edit: EG, don't be such a snob, retro graphics have a quite a large apeel ;)

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 09:03 AM
There is also flapping bert which I hope is a flapping bird / bert crossover, otherwise I might artechoke

eldargal
02-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Making games like that would be nice - I mean having a stupid idea and seeing it bear fruit like that.

Edit: EG, don't be such a snob, retro graphics have a quite a large apeel ;)
I'm not saying it's bad, just that you'd have to be coconut not to see they aren't the best graphics.;)

There is also flapping bert which I hope is a flapping bird / bert crossover, otherwise I might artechoke

Then you'd really have eggplant on your face.

Gotthammer
02-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Tried playing it but kept getting an invalid persimmons stack overflow message :/

eldargal
02-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Tried playing it but kept getting an invalid persimmons stack overflow message :/

Looks like the game is a lemon.

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 09:11 AM

::Looking for fruit pun - None Found::

I ocra known better..

eldargal
02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Chili out Wolfie, not finding a pun isn't the end of the world.;)

Just saw this on Steam (ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/insurgency-review), seems really interesting, a very smart FPS with a sensible take on MidEast conflicts rather than basically trying to be '24' on steroids. Pity I can't be bothered with multiplayer only titles.><

Wolfshade
02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
I love fruit humour so much, would you join me on a date?

Learn2Eel
02-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Chili out Wolfie, not finding a pun isn't the end of the world.;)

Just saw this on Steam (ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/insurgency-review), seems really interesting, a very smart FPS with a sensible take on MidEast conflicts rather than basically trying to be '24' on steroids. Pity I can't be bothered with multiplayer only titles.><

I remember playing this about 10 years ago when it was a mod for Counter Strike: Source. Very distinct gameplay, much slower paced because you die in literally one or two hits and there is no regenerating health or health packs. Very realistic. Trying to play as a machine gunner was fun.....you can't run and gun like in Call of Duty or (to a lesser extent) Battlefield. To shoot with any kind of accuracy, you have to stop, set-up, then aim, then shoot and still be inaccurate. Mind, if you hit stuff with your many, many bullets, they will die. I didn't realize it was now a full game. That's great to hear!

Can't be bothered grabbing the link but a new Witcher 3 presentation was shown off. Let me just say, it tops Angry Joe Show's Most Anticipated Games list for a reason....holy heck. I still can't believe the tech behind this game.

Deep Down is looking pretty good, at least, aside from the completely moronic and utterly mind-boggling decision to only allow male characters. Hopefully Capcom comes to their senses and puts female characters in the game. Especially as a F2P MMO, only having one playable gender in a "make your own character" adventure simply will not cut it.

Kirsten
02-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I remember playing this about 10 years ago when it was a mod for Counter Strike: Source.

page didn't load for me, didn't realise it was that one. I used to play loads of Counter Strike at LAN parties.

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Never went to a LAN party, though I did play a crap tonne of Counter Strike at school with LAN.....that was fun. Turns out I was one of few at the school who actually knew how to play properly, i.e. I didn't "spray and pray" every time I saw someone. The benefits of actually owning CS:S :D

By the by, click through to see some leaked footage of the soon-to-be-released The Order: 1886 gameplay reveal. Considering these are low-res takes of a very much unfinished game, all I can really say is "wow". Remembering also that there is no distinction between cinematic visuals and gameplay visuals as per Ready at Dawn's E3 clarifications. Prepare to be amazed!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770687

Here are some treats.....seriously, this looks to be the best looking next-gen game BY FAR.
http://i.minus.com/i8Mae09W1eJMM.gif
http://abload.de/img/order101knksr.jpg
http://i.minus.com/ikGRUJJJAMeYS.gif

When you also consider this is Ready at Dawn's first ever proper console game.....just, wow.

eldargal
02-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Needs more women.

Deadlift
02-18-2014, 02:18 AM
Needs more women.

Wrong thread.

Those graphics look amazing.

eldargal
02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
It's no less valid a complaint for a video game than graphics or gameplay.

Wolfshade
02-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Needs more cowbell...

Certainly looks pretty, though I prefer RPGs of Grand Strategy games. I need to control everything with sliders and sliders, where even a fractional change in policies has a myriad ripples and implciations unseen.

eldargal
02-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Oooh, Banished the medieval city sim is going up for sale soon, yay!

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Needs more women.

One of the four main characters is a woman.

Gotthammer
02-18-2014, 03:45 AM
Playable?

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 03:51 AM
No idea, unfortunately. So far the only confirmed playable character is the one in the bottom GIF and on the right of the middle picture.

At least it is better than the whole "only male characters, aside from sexy female AI" from Deep Down....FMD that annoys me.

eldargal
02-18-2014, 03:54 AM
One of the four main characters is a woman.

Well that is something. I was only half serious with the criticism too, I mean you can't get much idea about the cast of a video game from one contextless screenshot. I do hope she is playable though. Though it's kind of sad when you'd be happy with 25% female representation.

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Well that is something. I was only half serious with the criticism too, I mean you can't get much idea about the cast of a video game from one contextless screenshot. I do hope she is playable though. Though it's kind of sad when you'd be happy with 25% female representation.

Agreed, would be better if it was 50/50. Oh well, not every developer can be like Bioware in that sense I guess.

By the way guys, the full trailer for that game will come out tonight. I will likely be asleep when it leaks, so please don't judge me if I post it here late!

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Screw it, I'm late! The trailer has already been leaked!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cjjrl_the-order-1886-merges-cg-and-gameplay-visuals-on-ps4_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cjjrl_the-order-1886-merges-cg-and-gameplay-visuals-on-ps4_videogames

The link lets you go and watch the video in full-screen and 1080p......remember this is a leak from a non-Sony dude, not the proper video itself (hence the voice-over).

Those are the best visuals I've ever seen in any game. F**k.

eldargal
02-18-2014, 04:11 AM
Seems nice, but I swear if they introduce airships and 'plausible' but inaccurate weapons and then DON'T include a playable female character or two I will be pissed off. Historical accuracy is a poor excuse for excluding people from representation in popular culture at the best of times let alone when you flout accuracy rules when it suits you in other areas.

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 04:15 AM
It seems like the only playable character is the one the trailer focuses on, I'm guessing, kind of like the Gears of War games. In fact, this game reminds me so much of Gears in a lot of ways. It's a cover-based shooter with visuals that are set to blow every other game at the time to bits.

I'm pretty sure there was at least one female "Order" person in the E3 trailer though.

Learn2Eel
02-18-2014, 04:17 AM
I guess the best thing to say about that trailer is "I now understand why Neogaf is blowing up". They're frothing at the mouth over this game!

eldargal
02-18-2014, 04:19 AM
It seems like the only playable character is the one the trailer focuses on, I'm guessing, kind of like the Gears of War games. In fact, this game reminds me so much of Gears in a lot of ways. It's a cover-based shooter with visuals that are set to blow every other game at the time to bits.

I'm pretty sure there was at least one female "Order" person in the E3 trailer though.

Aww.:( I'm just so over that, I just feel no interest in playing another (white) action hero character and exploring his story, I've done it all before.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-18-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm happy playing Pokemon on my 3ds. xD

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 05:13 AM
I've had to go back to play white so I can transfer stuff from heartgold to y :(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-18-2014, 05:41 AM
I should really go and get the old games so that I have a grander Pokemon base. I'm trying to catch them all in y and it's starting to drag. xD

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 05:48 AM
I have a shiny eevee in heartgold.
And some shiny legendaries in white/white 2. And a pair of victinis...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Mew, Victini, Shaymin and Jirachi are about the only Legendaries I haven't had in my possession.

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 05:50 AM
I need to catch those three dog things that bounce round the map.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-18-2014, 06:12 AM
Entei, Raikou, Suicune?

(I can name most Pokemon, definitely every Legendary, I have a good memory for things like that)

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 06:44 AM
They may be the ones.

Mr Mystery
02-18-2014, 07:05 AM
Kind of half tempted to get back into Teenage Truant Badger Baiting.

Certainly enjoyed TTBB Yellow at any rate. Even if I did give all my Pokemon stupid names, and thus wind up forgetting who was who.

Think I completed the story anyways.

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 07:07 AM
you got a 3ds mystery?

Mr Mystery
02-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Nah.

Did have. Need to get a new one.

Prof Leyton are ace games, except for the voice on his sodding sidekick. I'm gonna track down the voice artist and give them a good sidekicking.

Worse than Mr Van Bannedwordonhere, but the one from Diagnosis : Terrible Programme. You know him.

Kirsten
02-18-2014, 08:48 AM
articles like this annoy me:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals?abthid=53036ef230e0bdca6e00000f

basically the IGN journalist is complaining that The Order must be poor quality because they have only seen one demo and it wasn't great. despite the fact that the game is not out until the end of the year, and the developer told him that the demo section hadn't been tested or optimised yet... He likens it to The Last of US saying there was an amazing demo for it a full year before release, so The Order must be rubbish because it hasn't done that.

lattd
02-18-2014, 09:15 AM
This needs to be on here :http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Wolfshade
02-18-2014, 09:20 AM
articles like this annoy me:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals?abthid=53036ef230e0bdca6e00000f

basically the IGN journalist is complaining that The Order must be poor quality because they have only seen one demo and it wasn't great. despite the fact that the game is not out until the end of the year, and the developer told him that the demo section hadn't been tested or optimised yet... He likens it to The Last of US saying there was an amazing demo for it a full year before release, so The Order must be rubbish because it hasn't done that.

And it is for reasons like this that GW doesn't leak info...

Kirsten
02-18-2014, 09:21 AM
yeah, the developer says 'hey want a look at this game, it isn't finished yet or anything, but take a peek'
journalist says 'omg this game is going to suck it looks awful even though it isn't finished yet!!1?!'

Wolfshade
02-18-2014, 09:30 AM
It is like some of the alpha and pre-alpha launches. Yes it looks crap is buggy as hell, what do you expect a finished product?!

Psychosplodge
02-18-2014, 09:31 AM
This needs to be on here :http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Thats so horribly broken.

Learn2Eel
02-19-2014, 05:15 AM
It turns out that the whole "you can only play as a male" thing was a bit misconstrued in regards to Deep Down, per IGN (http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/02/19/capcom-addresses-deep-downs-lack-of-female-characters);

"There is one male main character in Deep Down. The story is being developed around him and his surrounding Ravens comrades."

So it is more like the Witcher in the sense that you have a pre-defined male lead, as opposed to what everyone originally thought - that you could customize your character like the Elder Scrolls game, but with no female option.
That's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was, at least.

eldargal
02-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Meh, it's still a ****ty excuse not to include a female protagonist. I mean it still just amounts to 'we don't give a **** about telling the story with a woman but we can't come out and say it as bluntly as that'.

Wolfshade
02-19-2014, 05:35 AM
If the sex of the first person is not important why not just create a female skin?

eldargal
02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Well you'd need a voice actor as well unless it's a silent protagonist. I'm just so over it. 90% of video game protagonists are male and they are male because game developers in general don't give a **** about telling stories with women. If they did there would be more female protagonists. Most of that 90% are grizzled stubbly white men. It's ****ing tedious and I'm just done with games that do that regardless how pretty they are.

Wolfshade
02-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Doesn't seem to be an issue with Bethesda thankfully. Most of the time though I prefer grand strategy games so the sex is of little consequence, think.

eldargal
02-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Doesn't seem to be an issue with Bethesda thankfully. Most of the time though I prefer grand strategy games so the sex is of little consequence, think.

Yeah I like strategy games where the protagonist is basically you the player. Like Starcraft, I didn't care that the story followed Raynor because the game treated ME like I was his commander.

I played Banished for an hour before bed last night and I was so excited when I assigned some people to be builders and they were both women, anyone can do any job. I mean how bloody pathetic is that, that in an industry that has a shot at producing cinematic quality graphics for gameplay I get excited about medieval sims being able to build a ****ing house.

Banished also seems very good, by the way.

Psychosplodge
02-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Which previous building game is it like?

settlers
populous
stronghold
age of empires
warcraft
sim city

?

eldargal
02-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Settlers maybe? Or Stronghold meets Settlers. No military stuff in it which so refreshing actually.

Wolfshade
02-19-2014, 09:32 AM
sounds interezxting

Psychosplodge
02-19-2014, 09:38 AM
So what are supposed to do?

post edit.

found it (http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/)

Indeed, it does look interesting.

Dread Corsair
02-19-2014, 02:29 PM
I just finished the new The Last of Us DLC Left Behind, very impressed with it. Certainly took a risk and I think it payed off nicely. As pointed out earlier in an industry of where gruff male protagonists are the norm it was very refreshing and touching.

Kirsten
02-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Lots of pieces floating about today about the closure of Irrational Games. People calling it a real shame the creators of Bioshock have been suddenly terminated by Levine. personally I don't care, I think the Bioshock series is staggeringly overrated and does not deserve half the praise it receives. It is amazing though reading comments and all the declarations of so called AAA games being about to die out, as if that is actually going to happen. I do think a lot of game studios need to rethink their methods, they are rather bloated, and it seems unnecessary given that games like Metro Last Light can be produced with a hundredth of the budget and staff of Call of Duty, yet match it in all technical regards. But we are not going to see the death of AAA games for the simple reason that it is an entirely arbitrary designation. Games are going to keep being made that are very much the same as the sorts of games we play today. It is pretty silly to suggest everything is going to turn into little indie weird digital games.

the comments are also full of hate for EA, which just continues to make me laugh. I have yet to see any reasons put forth whatsoever as to why they are the most evil company in america. gamers just seem to love to hate them.

eldargal
02-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Yeah AAA games aren't going anywhere, there are plenty of AAA developers around doing perfectly well. But developers always close and the gaming media always responds with this doomsday bull****.

Psychosplodge
02-21-2014, 03:44 AM
So called AAA games are a bit of a joke anyway.
Is the annual rehash of generic brown millitary shooter really AAA? Yeah the sales figures are. The game itself? meh

Wolfshade
02-21-2014, 03:53 AM
The cost to profit ratio on sequels like that are huge. The biggest ones are on things like FIFA X and Football Manger X where teh game play is almost identical, you jsut need to update your database to reflect this year especially as for the last decade you were limited by the same technology. Ok now you can build one for the xbone and ps4

eldargal
02-21-2014, 03:59 AM
Banished, which is the best city building game I've played in a long time (from someone who doesn't care for SimCity) was made by one man.

Psychosplodge
02-21-2014, 04:03 AM
It looks interesting, but I have so much to play at moment I don't think I'll be paying £15 to not play it.
Wait for GOG or steam to have it on sale.

Psychosplodge
02-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Twitch plays pokemon...

http://i60.tinypic.com/fux8is.gif
http://i62.tinypic.com/21j2749.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/34gvdzk.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zbgaq1.jpg

Gotthammer
02-21-2014, 05:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQGRJMrekjE

daboarder
02-21-2014, 05:30 AM
praise be to bird jesus

Gotthammer
02-21-2014, 05:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9hH3suOpo

Ms. Lee plays Super Mario Brothers with Chinese traditional musical instrument "sheng"!

Gotthammer
02-21-2014, 05:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9hH3suOpo

Ms. Lee plays Super Mario Brothers with Chinese traditional musical instrument "sheng"!

daboarder
02-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Ya know, I really think that the safari zone might end up killing TPP, I mean that step limit to get the surf is brutal

Psychosplodge
02-21-2014, 05:42 AM
praise be to bird jesus

HERESY!!

Flareon is the true prophet!

daboarder
02-21-2014, 05:43 AM
flareon is a deciever, burn the heretic

best thing about TPP, they just started a new religion

Psychosplodge
02-21-2014, 05:51 AM
Makes as much sense as any other...

Kirsten
02-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Well I picked up Earth Defense Force 2025 yesterday. last few weeks I have played a huge amount of the previous game and loved it. This new one is a lot more Japanese than the previous entry in terms of things like character design, title screen, plot, drama etc. It has done away with the humour from the last game as well which is a real shame. It has real frame rate issues when explosions get big (which is nearly all the time) which is quite a surprise for a game that isn't pushing any graphical boundaries. It really needs a patch to fix some of the class issues. the big power armoured Fencer is far too slow and can leave you stranded far from the action. The Air Raider support class is pretty much useless. He has no access to basic weaponry, only explosive mine launchers which are no use for defending yourself. the artillery strike you can call in is so huge that you need to throw the marker a massive distance and it becomes incredibly hard to aim. and he can also call in a vehicle drop, but the vehicle controls are horrendous and they are pretty much unusable. most of the gameplay is still a lot of fun and I do recommend it for split screen co-op, but I might well be going back to the simpler, more fun previous game.

DrLove42
02-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I cannot stress how much fun Titanfall is. Played every day in the beta and its just incredible fun.

If you have a XBox One, a 360 or a PC i highly recommend picking it up

Kirsten
02-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Top Gear has used The End, Once and For All from Mass Effect 3 in tonight's episode :D

Aenir
02-23-2014, 10:18 PM
its a bit older, but does anyone play alien swarm on steam?

Psychosplodge
02-24-2014, 03:18 AM
Top Gear has used The End, Once and For All from Mass Effect 3 in tonight's episode :D

For which bit?

its a bit older, but does anyone play alien swarm on steam?

No and I missed the TF2 hat because of it :(

Kirsten
02-24-2014, 06:32 AM
For which bit?

as Clarkson was test driving a top end car

Psychosplodge
02-24-2014, 06:38 AM
The coach built alfa?

I'd assumed you were going to say Hammond's bit with the six wheeled merc...

Kirsten
02-24-2014, 06:51 AM
the alfa yeah

Deadlift
02-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I would rather have the 6 wheeled g-wagon, looked great fun. Glad you recognised the music though it was bugging me muchly.

Psychosplodge
02-24-2014, 07:35 AM
It did indeed. Especially the attempts to run over swimmers.

Psychosplodge
02-24-2014, 04:39 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2yyuzbk.gif

……WHATS SAD IS I HAVE SEVERAL GREAT GUYS I GAME WITH AND THEYA RE SWEETHEARTS AND NOT THE *******S WHO MAKE FUN OF FEMALE GAMERS

AND I ONCE DID THIS AND OMG I WAS LIKE COVERED WITH AMO AND I LAUGHED ALL

'AWW YEEEA MY MAN WHORES KNOW HOW TO KEEP MAMA HAPPY'

AND I SWEAR THEY LAUGHED SO MUCH ONCE CHOKED ON A CIGARETTE LKSDHFLHK

At first I thought this was going to be one of those “gamer girl” posts about how “girls suck at video games lolzor” and I was like ugh, running out of ammo is a normal thing it doesn’t make you bad gamer and being a girl doesn’t make you a bad gamer. THEN I SAW THE REST OF THE GIF OMF

eldargal
02-25-2014, 02:11 AM
Brilliant.:) Also approve of referring to them as manwhores not sugar daddies...

Psychosplodge
02-25-2014, 02:54 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/oge2ow.jpg

Psychosplodge
02-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Just seen this thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/britishproblems/comments/1ykhpl/playing_theme_hospital_again_years_later/) on reddit

Learn2Eel
02-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Turns out the new Thief is decent but nothing special (Metacritic score of 70/100 for the PS4 version). That's a real shame as I was really looking forward to it as my first retail PS4 game since Christmas to tide me over until Infamous: Second Son. I think I might still pick it up though when I get paid next week, as I'll be trying to play it like pure Thief with most of the hardcore settings turned on. I wonder if playing on a higher difficulty, turning off Focus and putting a few hardcore settings on for their first runs may have changed reviewers' opinions of the game?

I'll mull it over for a week, as I still don't have Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition either, and I know that is a class game.

Kirsten
02-27-2014, 08:16 PM
yeah I am slightly disappointed to see the review, but it isn't a massive surprise. I am going to wait for Infamous first and wait for Thief to be on special offer