PDA

View Full Version : The General Pooter Games Thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

Kirsten
07-09-2015, 03:06 AM
it was this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Cyborg-EVO-Joystick-PC/dp/B0000AW9P1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436432697&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+cyborg+evo

but they don't do them any more, and there is just nothing on the market to compare to the sheer range of buttons and options, and affordability. I have been looking for a good joystick for a few years and there is just nothing comparable on the market. will have to ebay a second hand one at some point I think.

Psychosplodge
07-09-2015, 03:16 AM
The fly 5 on the similar products underneath has 12 buttons...

Kirsten
07-09-2015, 03:26 AM
the fly 5 is closest, I might try one at some point.

Gotthammer
07-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Nintendo's Satoru Iwata passed away at age 55 (http://kotaku.com/nintendos-president-has-passed-away-1717386412)

He saved HAL Laboratories from going down under and was a key to Kirby’s creation as a series.
He reprogrammed the entire Mother 2 / Earthbound game in less than six months. He’s the reason it exists.
The last game he engineered was Super Smash Bros. Melee.. out of necessity. He re-coded that as well so it would meet its November 2001 release.
He cut his salary in half to keep Nintendo afloat rather than cut positions at the bottom.
He gave the speech titled “Heart of a Gamer” in 2005, a key time before the Wii’s release, which shocked the world in the following generation.
Designer first, executive second. One of the few, if not, the first and only president of a major gaming company who was a designer first and foremost.
He was the fourth President of Nintendo and the first not by blood relation to get the honors due to his previous years of leadership.
Iwata believed in open communication with the fans and the press. He believed in sharing his and other developers’ passion for video game design. Thus, he created a series called, “Iwata Asks.”
Overall, as president, he has helped carry Nintendo into the new millennium. He brought in the most memorable public face of gaming known as Reginald Fils-Aime, he orchestrated one of Nintendo’s finest, most shocking years in popular culture since the NES with the Wii, and shouldered the burden and took full responsibility of both the GameCube and the Wii U financially. A man with this much business savvy, personality, passion, and unselfishness… will surely, surely be missed in the gaming realm.

“Even if we come from different sides of the world, speak different languages, even if we eat too many chips or rice balls, even if we have different tastes in games, every one of us here today is identical in the most important way: each one of us has the heart of a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata, Heart of a Gamer

eldargal
07-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Sad.

Kirsten
07-13-2015, 02:11 AM
very sad indeed

Psychosplodge
07-13-2015, 02:24 AM
A true loss to the industry.

Kirsten
07-13-2015, 04:18 AM
tried all weekend to get in to the Xbox One beta for World of Tanks but couldn't connect. on the forums, loads of people having the same issue, and the support staff said it might be due to having a 'slow connection like ADSL'. which I found pretty irritating, as ADSL is still pretty much the standard. not many places are fibre optic as far as I am aware. particularly given all the stuff lately about places not even getting half the promised download speed. the Xbox One has an option for specifically checking your multiplayer internet connection and tells me that mine is perfectly fine.

Psychosplodge
07-13-2015, 04:22 AM
I got more amiibos at weekend, two are apparently from fire emblem. Plus managed to find a jiggly puff and a princess zelda

Kirsten
07-13-2015, 04:25 AM
they are great quality figures, I was particularly impressed with the princesses and their dresses, not just big chunks of plastic.

Psychosplodge
07-13-2015, 04:26 AM
It's a shame Game sell them at 50% over rrp though.

Kirsten
07-13-2015, 04:28 AM
I haven't bought any yet, so not looked at price. I want Zelda, Samus, and Link, possibly a Fire Emblem one depending on what there is

Psychosplodge
07-13-2015, 04:40 AM
I think they've re-released some. Zelda was difficult to find. I'd never seen a jigglypuff before.
The fire emblem ones are supposedely rare, but I think they may be on the re-release list. And there's at least two versions of samus.

Kirsten
07-13-2015, 04:50 AM
yeah Nintendo said they would re-release some because of the problems people were having.

there is Samus and Zero Suit Samus, I want both. maybe Ike and Ganondorf.

Erik Setzer
07-13-2015, 08:11 AM
I got my new video card and it seems to have solved the issues. Played NBA 2K15 with no problems, played World of Warcraft multiple hours in the new zone with no issues. Fallout hadn't been a problem anyway, so I didn't expect any there.

I ended up going with a GeForce 960, 4GB, pretty solid and reasonably priced. IIRC, it's also slightly overclocked. Darn thing had three fans on it (still pretty quiet), so I had to work to reroute wires around it because it's that bloody big. That did mean I can't put a fan on the side of the case, or it'd just be hitting wires all day, but I got one on top to pull warm air out.

ARK is still a no-go. But I think I had older drivers at the time. So maybe I'll try it again.

Watched a video on the best free games on Steam, and Marvel Heroes 2015 sounded interesting so I downloaded it to try. It's been rather fun. Haven't dropped any money yet, and haven't felt I have to. Sure, I can only get one or two more heroes right now (hero costs differ based on the hero, not sure why, but possibly popularity), but I'm not sure having more than one would be worth it yet. The game feels like a sort of Diablo-esque MMO, like if you took Diablo, slapped a Marvel superheroes theme on it, dumped a bunch of players in the same zones, and added zone events that respawn over and over for people to jump in on. The crafting system isn't that intuitive, granted (especially with no hints to tell you that you have to "donate" gear to level your personal crafter's XP, which you do with the gear you'd normally sell for credits), but mostly it's easy to figure out. I think the inventory would be where money would come into play first, but it still doesn't feel as restrictive as Neverwinter. I might try some other heroes later, but if they have to level through the same story, it'll feel too similar right now. For a free game to play around with a half hour here or there, it's certainly worth checking out, especially if you like the Marvel universe.

Tyrendian
07-16-2015, 09:52 AM
three Warhammer related classics just went up on GOG.com - Shadow of the Horned Rat, Chaos Gate and Final Liberation. yay!

Gotthammer
07-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Oh nice. Would have liked if they had the Eldar one whose name escapes me at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hells yeah Final Liberation comes with the OST so can finally rock out to the intro music lol

Kirsten
07-16-2015, 10:13 AM
never was a fan of final liberation, chaos gate I would be interested in playing again.

Gotthammer
07-16-2015, 10:20 AM
never was a fan of final liberation

https://33.media.tumblr.com/fa15396012b95b13c83b76d2b4781c0c/tumblr_new12xaeef1s60s7go7_250.gif

Erik Setzer
07-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Oh nice. Would have liked if they had the Eldar one whose name escapes me at the moment.

Rites of War. Basically Panzer General with 40K units, which was cool.

I have an old set with these three games and Dark Omen all together, but it doesn't work as well on modern PCs and OS's. Ditto Rites of War. I'll gladly be grabbing these to revisit some old school games.

Think I better make a folder for my GW game icons, they're kind of piling up on my PC, especially with recent sales and all.

Kirsten
07-16-2015, 11:32 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/fa15396012b95b13c83b76d2b4781c0c/tumblr_new12xaeef1s60s7go7_250.gif

:p

it was fun unleashing all the crazy guns. I set up skirmishes with masses of imperial super heavies against loads of ordinary ork units just to blast them to bits. Shadow of the Horned Rat was cool, but also utterly impossible.

Tyrendian
07-16-2015, 01:27 PM
kind of speaking of which, Warmachine Tactics is in the Humble Weekly Bundle for a minimum of 13$

Kirsten
07-18-2015, 05:14 PM
a very enjoyable evening playing World of Tanks on PC.

the teams can be very hit and miss personality wise, as usual. you get some nice people who wish everyone a good game, and then others who swear and rant if the team is losing, especially if they die. Had one game facing a barrage of harassment for being the last one alive. there was an enemy tank destroyer marauding behind our lines that I was trying to stop in my much slower AT-2, and all I got was 'omg where are you going?' 'look at the map noob' etc. yes, I am looking at the map, that is why I am the only person trying to stop the enemy tank destroying our artillery :rolleyes: fifteen tanks per team and I have four people saying it is all my fault that they charged off piecemeal and got killed...

Tyrendian
07-18-2015, 05:42 PM
yeah... that kind of behaviour seems less prevalent in World of Warships so far, at least by my experience... sure it happens, but very rarely. Earlier I mistakenly torped a friendly without much in the way of backlash from him except slight and understandable annoyance (but the other two Torps of the volley hit the enemy, and I later sunk a battleship via my cruiser ramming him, so I think I still did a good job that game :P)

Kirsten
07-18-2015, 07:38 PM
I am enjoying Warships, good fun

Psychosplodge
07-20-2015, 06:33 AM
A bit late but just seen on tumblr

https://41.media.tumblr.com/5769de1f97bdb26d4106723cdb84f0fd/tumblr_inline_nrm356Iom31sb3k31_540.jpg

eldargal
07-20-2015, 06:41 AM

http://37.media.tumblr.com/d84417bd925751650d3dcc0efe3e6daa/tumblr_n3ev3k2hKk1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Psychosplodge
07-20-2015, 07:11 AM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/d4b69c55041e6f458a95d17d4c76e381/tumblr_ni1o69Pu8H1rhw6umo1_1280.jpg

Erik Setzer
07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Ach. Thanks to Cracked, I know why that's not funny but rather sad...

- - - Updated - - -

fifteen tanks per team and I have four people saying it is all my fault that they charged off piecemeal and got killed...

There was a video done by SlightlyImpressive, "How to Trick People into Thinking You're Okay at PVP," seems appropriate here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D0Ak91bnlI

I love the people who say "Go fight here... no, wait, there... wait, over there... Why are you still fighting in the road, noob?"

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of "teammates" making comments... Not quite the same thing, but similar. Was playing Marvel Heroes last night, and the game has all kinds of banter comments from the characters, with Spiderman and Deadpool being the most chatty (of course). I was playing Scarlet Witch, because with the currency I had free in the game I could get her and X-23, and Scarlet Witch has a really fun ability set. Her own banter's kind of funny, especially when you unload wanton destruction on cars and stuff and she questions the necessity (or says "I'm sure Tony will pay for that").

But the worst part was the inter-character banter, when a Deadpool was running around fighting near me, and said, "More like Scarlet Biii-... Hey, hey, hey, didn't see you there."

Kirsten
07-20-2015, 08:28 AM
I love the people who say "Go fight here... no, wait, there... wait, over there... Why are you still fighting in the road, noob?"

the complaints are always pretty much 'omg I charged off on my own and got killed, why did nobody come and support me, I am totally more awesome than all of you!'

Psychosplodge
07-20-2015, 08:30 AM
See I like lonewolfing occasionally. But when I get flanked or shot in the back it's nobodies fault but my own. you're unlucky when you end up on a server like that.

Gotthammer
07-20-2015, 08:34 AM
[img]

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c4ea1ed8eba27d45c32cd1d5d1edd018/tumblr_inline_molnemCppj1qz4rgp.gif

Unrelated:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ccf421e0f0f65c111eb81f34535e4087/tumblr_no35jtPv6z1se1d4do5_1280.png

Psychosplodge
07-20-2015, 08:37 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/c4ea1ed8eba27d45c32cd1d5d1edd018/tumblr_inline_molnemCppj1qz4rgp.gif

I was just helping spread the feels.

Tyrendian
07-20-2015, 10:29 AM
I am enjoying Warships, good fun

same here, mightily so! What tier are you at btw, and what's your favourite ship(s)? For me, I bloody love my Omaha to death, even with owning and driving a Cleveland as well - different feel of ship though...

Erik Setzer
07-20-2015, 10:55 AM
the complaints are always pretty much 'omg I charged off on my own and got killed, why did nobody come and support me, I am totally more awesome than all of you!'

With such a simple mind, basic strategy is probably too far above them.

Kirsten
07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
same here, mightily so! What tier are you at btw, and what's your favourite ship(s)? For me, I bloody love my Omaha to death, even with owning and driving a Cleveland as well - different feel of ship though...

I haven't got very far to be honest, got a Wickes destroyer that I enjoy and a South Carolina battleship. St Louis is fun as well, I like firing single shots on broadsides, with a two second delay I can basically fire continuously and have a constant hail of shells in the air, which is very satisfying.

Tyrendian
07-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I haven't got very far to be honest, got a Wickes destroyer that I enjoy and a South Carolina battleship. St Louis is fun as well, I like firing single shots on broadsides, with a two second delay I can basically fire continuously and have a constant hail of shells in the air, which is very satisfying.

yeah the St.Lou is quite the brawler! Switching to the Phoenix after that will initially feel like a huge downgrade - the difference in raw firepower is enormous. But the Phoenix has its own qualities that make it hella fun to play - much longer range, and its and incredible speed and maneuverability plus decent Torpedos make it feel like a Destroyer that forgot it's supposed to be made out of paper...
The next tier Battleship, the Wyoming, is just straight better than the SoCal though - it's pretty much got 30-50% more everything; armour, hitpoints, range and most importantly firepower (six dual turrets instead of four!), so if you like your SoCal you'll love the Wyoming!

Kirsten
07-20-2015, 02:36 PM
just had another few games now. when the hell did the bots become good? I haven't played for about a week, before then you pretty much won every time, now we are getting obliterated. plus I was duelling with another Southern California, got the drop on it, had more health, landed more hits, and it sank me

Tyrendian
07-20-2015, 04:48 PM
just had another few games now. when the hell did the bots become good? I haven't played for about a week, before then you pretty much won every time, now we are getting obliterated. plus I was duelling with another Southern California, got the drop on it, had more health, landed more hits, and it sank me

havent played against bots in a while except to get the hang of carriers, and there the bots were all too easy to hit with torps...

in battleship duels, one of the main factors is ammunition used vs. armor presented - ideally, you want to shoot AP straight into his broadside, under the funnels preferably because that'S where most ships have their citadels (think 10k dmg per citadel hit and you're not far off, maybe a bit less with the 12"ers you've got... basically WoWS's crits), while presenting him as steep an angle on your own armour as possible so that more of his shots just bounce off you. There's always a bit of luck involved though, especially with shell spreads at longer range - those kept NOPEing me today :)
I can heartily recommend IChase's Captains Academy (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRQa0D7yVpc05KETkgPsyZHIRZd980cO) - lots of great tips, even on the outdated videos from before open beta - the basic thoughts and concepts often haven't changed even if the exact mechanics have

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 02:18 AM
yeah the So Cal is wildly inaccurate which is frustrating when it takes so long to reload

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/10391461_777243925646998_1346988512424530284_n_zps kydjof4n.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/10391461_777243925646998_1346988512424530284_n_zps kydjof4n.jpg.html)

Psychosplodge
07-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Totally do, but with dazzle pattern camouflage

Tyrendian
07-21-2015, 02:31 AM
yeah the So Cal is wildly inaccurate which is frustrating when it takes so long to reload

that won't really change... which is why I love my Omaha so much... just crits for days on that thing, recently three-shot an enemy Kuma at my extreme range

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 02:52 AM
that is one of the things I like about the St Louis, load AP, broadside a battleship, and just keep on pummelling it, watch the health drop away as it sits there waiting to reload.

Tyrendian
07-21-2015, 04:49 AM
yeah StLou is really fun! by the way, want to play a few games together sometime? have you got a usual time you play?

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 04:52 AM
I don't really have a set time, maybe around 7pm to 9pm GMT, KirstenR

Tyrendian
07-21-2015, 05:43 AM
roger that captain, I'll see if I can find you then - Tyrendian89

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 05:58 AM
cool. I wouldn't say I am especially good, I like the destroyer but I suck at aiming torpedoes. on the other hand, I do actually understand how they work, unlike a lot of players who launch them as soon as the game begins, thinking they will hit something on the other side of the map, or create some sort of ambush.

Psychosplodge
07-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Seriously? omfg.

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 06:20 AM
yup, most games you can see a ship with torpedoes turning and firing them towards one of the objectives at the start of the match as though the torpedoes will sail on forever and surprise an enemy ship as they try to capture the zone several minutes later...

Psychosplodge
07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
What's their actual range? About half a mile?

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 06:33 AM
something like 4km on the ones I have, the ship guns have a range of 10-ish km, not sure how large the map is, 30x30 at a guess?

Tyrendian
07-21-2015, 10:32 AM
something like 4km on the ones I have, the ship guns have a range of 10-ish km, not sure how large the map is, 30x30 at a guess?

sounds about right... later-game Japanese torpedoes have much longer ranges, up to 20km - and their Destroyers are more stealthy to boot, which makes them feel much stronger than American ones honestly... those struggle to get in range of anything with their torpedoes, and their guns, while miles better than on their Japanese counterparts, are still nothing you tend to do any real damage with...

Kirsten
07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
I struggle to hit anything because I never aim far enough ahead, and the enemy always seems to have perfectly planned theirs, so I go against another destroyer, sometimes hit it, but then always seem to run into their torpedoes as well :p

Tyrendian
07-25-2015, 04:20 AM
anyone played Total War: Arena? looks rather interesting - kind of a mix between, well, Total War and the progressions systems of WoT and the like...

Psychosplodge
07-27-2015, 03:25 AM
Yesterday I challenged my regular convention pokemon opponent to a rematch and she wiped the floor with me.

6-0.

Kirsten
07-27-2015, 03:37 AM
lol

Psychosplodge
07-27-2015, 03:42 AM
not lol. Not lol at all. I literally was wiped out by a cutesy team of pokemon all named after types of tea by a player in a matching lolita tea party dress(its the dress matching the team that makes me lol). I do normally lose to her but not this badly. I'm blaming her being better at it than me.

Kirsten
07-27-2015, 03:44 AM
what were you using?

Psychosplodge
07-27-2015, 03:48 AM
two dragons of some sort, a dancie, a mawhile?, pikachu, and the hovering fourarmed steel thing. It doesn't help I gave them all silly names :D

I couldn't tell you what i faced as I've only seen one of them before and that was only when I got it in wonder trade friday. you can see I've played it a lot recently >_<

Kirsten
07-27-2015, 03:56 AM
well you aren't going to be the very best, like no-one was before...

Psychosplodge
07-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Nope probably not. I'm currently working on filling the dex by chucking magikarp on wondertrade.

Kirsten
07-27-2015, 04:04 AM
I remember spending ages on Pokemon Blue evolving magikarp. I was in a ghost tower, wandering around getting random encounters for ages. Magikarp on first, swap him out after the first attack. then boom, Gyarados and fun times all round.

Psychosplodge
07-27-2015, 04:08 AM
I know, I'm just helping people evolve them quicker.

Kirsten
07-27-2015, 04:17 AM
very good of you...

Kirsten
07-28-2015, 11:49 AM
bit pissed off. after looking forward to playing World of Tanks on Xbox One today, having pre-downloaded it, I get home from work, and find a compulsory 15gb update required. no playing today.

Psychosplodge
07-29-2015, 01:21 AM
haven't you already got the pc version?

Kirsten
07-29-2015, 02:04 AM
Yup, better graphics on console though, and new single player missions

Psychosplodge
07-29-2015, 02:21 AM
That's back to front :p

I was city building last night.

Gotthammer
07-29-2015, 03:53 AM
Life is Strange ep. 4 Review:

Mr. Jefferson is so pissed about Max not entering a photo.

eldargal
07-29-2015, 04:11 AM
Life is Strange ep. 4 Review:

Mr. Jefferson is so pissed about Max not entering a photo.

Omg.

Kirsten
07-29-2015, 02:08 PM
kicked major tank *** today, very satisfying.

Tyrendian
07-29-2015, 02:34 PM
having a rather frustrating day on the high seas myself... get yourself back there! :P

Kirsten
07-29-2015, 02:49 PM
I fair much better in tanks though. especially at the moment, where a lot of the players are probably new, whereas I have 500 games under my belt on PC. I started around 11pm last night, got a tier IV hetzer already. getting 700-1000 XP per match, compared to 250 in some ship battles :p

in 12 World of Tanks games I have nine wins, 39 medals, 16 kills, and five deaths, so you can see where my strengths lie

Psychosplodge
07-30-2015, 01:22 AM
City building again last night. I'm stuck at about 63K "cims" can't seem to get anymore, as soon as it starts growing again I have a wave of deaths that the massively overfunded funeral services seem to sit and ignore :mad:

Tyrendian
07-30-2015, 08:31 AM
City building again last night. I'm stuck at about 63K "cims" can't seem to get anymore, as soon as it starts growing again I have a wave of deaths that the massively overfunded funeral services seem to sit and ignore :mad:

which game? Skylines?

Psychosplodge
07-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Aye.

I've also got a damn that was supposed to produce 130Mw and produces zero, but the two hills covered in eyesores solved that issue.

Tyrendian
07-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Aye.

I've also got a damn that was supposed to produce 130Mw and produces zero, but the two hills covered in eyesores solved that issue.

Dams take a while to fill up their reservoir before they start producing anything, and the preview figure isn't always accurate either because it doesn't compute terrain 100% perfectly afaik. You can always try to give your dam some extra power through poop though...
kind of on that topic, the story of the city of Hullchester in Cities:Skylines (Part 1 (http://imgur.com/a/T0Wfb) Part 2 (http://imgur.com/a/aKIvx)) is perfectly hilarious.

Psychosplodge
07-30-2015, 02:09 PM
the dams been there 15 years, it just does nothing. The one on the other river works fine.

Either you posted that before or I've seen it elsewhere, still hilarious though.

Kirsten
07-31-2015, 02:06 PM
playing World of Tanks on PC I went for British and American tank destroyers. on Xbox One I decided to go German tank destroyers (because they are all awesome, Stug, Jagdpanzer/panther/tiger) but am having a surprising amount of fun with light tanks, which I never really bothered with before. it is great if you can get behind enemy lines and start shooting them all in the rear armour. I got four kills in one game at one point. you can be a bit screwed if you can't find anywhere to sneak through, but you get decent XP simply for spotting tanks for your side, so it isn't too bad.

DarkLink
07-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Just started playing the Witcher 3. It's a mixed bag; on one hand, the story and worldbuilding is pretty cool. On the other, the controls are super clunky compared to Dark Souls.

Gotthammer
08-01-2015, 12:23 AM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/36a48c155e9145309fcd2ce420f9c3cb/tumblr_n5dxbeaZVN1qg48l9o3_400.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5f26edef2da4bac7b4075e9cd487969e/tumblr_n5dxbeaZVN1qg48l9o4_400.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6d2f0df7f03e16b51238a6a4c78972b5/tumblr_n5dxbeaZVN1qg48l9o6_400.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/dccd16a469310f23a95df34708f26107/tumblr_n5dxbeaZVN1qg48l9o1_400.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/1d8650db6d24f96729dfe68452666528/tumblr_n5dxbeaZVN1qg48l9o5_400.jpg

Kirsten
08-04-2015, 03:02 AM
dear oh dear :p

I just ordered the Rare Replay collection. 30 Rare games for £18. I was expecting it to be double that and wasn't going to bother with it any time soon, but I will happily pay £18 for Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Kazooie again.

Mr Mystery
08-04-2015, 06:25 AM
I am explode with excite!

All Star Fighter mode for Battlefront.....

Tyrendian
08-04-2015, 11:00 AM
that might be good...

Kirsten
08-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Rare Replay arrived today. went straight to Jet Force Gemini. and it is impossible. after years of playing first and third person shooters with two sticks. going back to N64 controls is an absolute nightmare. it uses both sticks on the Xbox controller, but because the N64 only had one, as soon as you manual aim, the movement stick changes. so you run around with the left stick, switch to manual aim, and run around with the right stick. I know it is a retro collection, but it would be nice if they gave you a choice of original or more modern control settings, I would love to be playing it with updated controls.

eldargal
08-06-2015, 08:05 AM
If one were to start Pokemon, how would onego about it and can it be done in a PC? My little cousins are interested thanks to the anime Himouto Umaru-chan. Don't really want to have to buy them all WiiUs or whatever.

Gotthammer
08-06-2015, 08:08 AM
You can run them via emulator programs (http://www.pokemonemulator.com/) but they are technically exclusive to the Nintendo handhelds.

eldargal
08-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Drat, was holding the hope of them being properly on PC to avoid buying them Wii Us which they want. Oh well.

Morgrim
08-06-2015, 08:20 AM
What Gotthammer said, with the proper games you'll either need a DS console of some description and a legit cartredge, or an emulator. Emulators will get you up to the 3rd gen games. If you want something purely PC and with more recent pokemon you could try one of the fan games instead. Pokémon Zeta/Omicron (http://www.pokemonzetaomicron.com/index.php) don't require emulators, are very good, and have all pokemon up to 5th gen with a few 6th gen ones as well.

Don't buy them Wii U's, the main pokemon games aren't on there. (Weirdly.) :P

eldargal
08-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Oh lol, they were using their new interest in Pokemons to leverage getting Wii Us which they want for some reason.:p

Kirsten
08-07-2015, 03:40 AM
Wii U is a good console, worth having one. Need a 3DS for pokemon though

Kirsten
08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
boom

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/20150807_194622_zpsnoaaaogo.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/20150807_194622_zpsnoaaaogo.jpg.html)

Gotthammer
08-11-2015, 02:58 AM
Best Mass Effect tidbit I've heard in a while:

According to Mark Meer the reason that the “Shepard Shuffle” exists is that Bioware was motion capturing a real marine for a lot of Shepard’s animations and at the end of one session they asked the guy if he would dance.

He told them that he really couldn’t dance, but they were just like “No, no it’s fine! Just do something quick and we’ll replace it later! It’ll be fun!” They never replaced it and a dance craze was born.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-15-2013/fh2vSO.gif

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The+shepard+shuffle+you+wish+you+could+dance+like+ this_8138d6_4087222.jpg

Kirsten
08-11-2015, 06:11 AM
Genius

Wolfshade
08-11-2015, 04:42 PM
So I got around to playing pay day heist, I have failed the first mission several times...

Gotthammer
08-12-2015, 09:59 AM
DONTNOD explaining their inspiration for Life is Strange:

you see, we opened up a portal to hell and directly asked satan to give us a storyline, thus the game was born

eldargal
08-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Accurate.

Kirsten
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
thoroughly recommend the latest Toy Soldiers. loved the first two, third is even better, adding a lot more variety even if you don't pay for the extra armies.

Wolfshade
08-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Fallout shelter now on andriod :)

Psychosplodge
08-17-2015, 03:50 AM
So I got around to playing pay day heist, I have failed the first mission several times...

I had a go at that this week at some point. First mission was easy, walked it. Second mission could see the escape and got gunned down and abandoned. Second mission was hard.

But this weekend when I had chance was mostly playing valkarya chronicles(or whatever its called) and doing quite well 4/5 missions in and not had a fatality yet. Got the first skirmish down to two turns, but can't get better than a B rating for some reason *shrugs* all classes upto level 4-6 and enjoying it fairly well. It seems to reward a reasonably aggressive playstyle.
Can't get past turn two of the Edy's patrol dlc though. spawning enemies that run straight into the victory zone is very cheap.

And the rest of the time I squeezed in some monster hunter 4 ultimate. Which was fun. But made it really silly by creating a pink haired hunter called Fluttershy that runs round in yellow armour slaughtering cute ickle animals. :D

Kirsten
08-17-2015, 03:55 AM
you need to have your characters massively levelled to do the first mission and get a top rating, I did it on my second play through I think. still one of my all time favourite games.

Psychosplodge
08-17-2015, 03:58 AM
That makes sense, probably have the action points to do it in one turn then.

Kirsten
08-17-2015, 03:59 AM
yeah you can move far enough to get across most of the map

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 04:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ezz9f36.png

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 06:04 AM
:p

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 06:11 AM
I did manage to get a B on the third skirmish, which was nice.

Played a good few hours of crusader kings last night. Didn't realise was distantly related to the woman in one of the start an affair options(great grandniece I think, labeled as kinswoman on closer inspection) ended up with two *******s, the son with inbred trait the daughter grew up to be a proper badass intrigue wise so never married her off to train educate two generations of spymasters, and the wife was so pissed off she took herself to a nunnery...

Also discovered its far cheaper to spend piety on excommunicating someone and hiring templars instead of gold on mercenaries to invade somewhere.

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 06:30 AM
I put many hours in to the Witcher 3 this weekend. will be playing it this week until Gears of War and Dishonoured this Friday.

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 06:36 AM
I'm trying to play too many at once at moment, and on top of that last couple of weeks I've very much been in a can't be arsed to play anything mood, or more accurately I want to play something but can't decide what.

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 06:46 AM
I am in exactly the same situation and mood. thursday night I couldn't decide what to do at all and ended up just watching Harry Potter films.

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Yeah I mostly napped instead.

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 07:17 AM
I spent the weekend wandering the wilds doing random quests and slaying monsters, highly addictive.

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 07:19 AM
apparently theres a cave of trolls that are voiced by Dodger and Jesse Cox

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 07:31 AM
who?

I have encountered a troll who joined the army. he was instructed to defend some fishing boats the soldiers had commandeered. he had no wood to build a wall, and didn't want to leave the boats unattended to fetch some. so he used the boats themselves...

Psychosplodge
08-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Youtubers

http://38.media.tumblr.com/37733e294a99190ce97d26f0f3160eeb/tumblr_mtdu4p9z2m1rkal28o1_400.gif

Kirsten
08-24-2015, 08:01 AM
ok...

eldargal
08-28-2015, 07:30 AM
Rumours (http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/22/gta-6-release-date-features-news-and-maps-updates/13132) flying around apparently saying Rockstar Games are going to include a female protagonist in GTA6. On one hand yay, on the other hand they will probably **** it up given that the writers have consistently shown they have no idea how to write women.

YorkNecromancer
08-28-2015, 07:50 AM
It'll be cool. They'll getting in Frank Miller; you know, someone with a history of writing strong female characters.

Actually, thinking about it, Miller probably does write female characters better than the people at Rockstar. And that's not remotely close to praising him.

eldargal
08-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Sadly I agree. I'd like to think Rockstar would do the sensible, professional thing and hire if not some women writers a feminism consultant and actually listen to her.

Alaric
08-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Sadly I agree. I'd like to think Rockstar would do the sensible, professional thing and hire if not some women writers a feminism consultant and actually listen to her.

The money spent on a consultant wouldn't be made back in game sales, so no, that will never happen. If women are gonna be represented better they need to have an all woman company or something.

Erik Setzer
08-28-2015, 08:54 AM
You're actually trusting Rockstar to treat women decently? Even if she's a "strong female character," she'll still be an abhorrent human being in some way, which likely means something along the lines of using her body to distract and torture people or something. Unless they actually get GTA6 to have better characters, that is.

The one thing that made me shy away from GTA5 was that the "protagonists" (rather incorrect term for them, really) were all horrible people without really having any redeeming qualities. That doesn't interest me in the slightest. Crime for crime's sake... meh. Step above Hatred, but that's not saying much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Moral Brigade with games, I loved the Saints Row series. But in that series, you had a young kid join a gang and take over but so nasty that his old friends tried to kill him, then you have to rebuild your empire in SR2 (while seeking a measure of revenge, and all the while the game is poking a bit of fun at the crime stuff), then in SR3 you've leveraged your position to become pop culture icons with all kinds of business ventures (and have to fight another corporate "gang"), and then in SR4 you're having to save the world from aliens (after fighting terrorists to open the game). Yeah, it gets sillier as time goes on, which is part of the charm, but most importantly, all the stuff they did wasn't just crime for crime's sake. (SR4 does, however, poke at the player for all the people they've run down on the sidewalk or killed with a stray missile in a gunfight.)

Gotthammer
08-31-2015, 07:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZcjZX_fN0

The Iron Bull’s Canonical Penis: Aka the reason for the black box…

https://40.media.tumblr.com/a1489723add0851510fed977777f0f22/tumblr_inline_ntwiyvZRSt1rfzl33_540.jpg

Mr Mystery
08-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Mad Max is out tomorrow.

What a day! What a lovely day!

Psychosplodge
09-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Rumours (http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/22/gta-6-release-date-features-news-and-maps-updates/13132) flying around apparently saying Rockstar Games are going to include a female protagonist in GTA6. On one hand yay, on the other hand they will probably **** it up given that the writers have consistently shown they have no idea how to write women.

I'd like them to go the mass effect route where you have the character creation screen and they get two voice actors in to do the male/female voices. I'm kinda bored of having the character pushed on you rather than making your own.

eldargal
09-01-2015, 07:38 AM
That would be the ideal solution yes. The whole 'the story is crafted around the individual character and it just took us towards a male story' is such a trite excuse, as Saints Row illustrates nicely. Writing a story involving a wife? Gay. Kids? Adopted. No excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZcjZX_fN0

This is the greatest story ever told. As you would expect from Bioware lol.

Psychosplodge
09-01-2015, 08:28 AM
just received "Why have they changed snake? Keifer Sutherland is not Snake"

Mr Mystery
09-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Well, Mad Max is fun!

Though I did get fed up with one bit. Got ganked by five raider vehicles, and the camera gave me crappy auto-angles. Not fun when your dodging folks trying to run you over. You can change it, but I barely had the time.

eldargal
09-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Can you make wimmin characters?

Morgrim
09-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I have been playing Kittens Game for the past few days. It cunningly disguises itself as an incremental game similar to stuff like A Dark Room, and then after a bit when you're juggling dozens of different resources and several interlinked tech trees and various jobs and buildings you realise that no.

You're playing a text-based city management game.

With kittens.

*goes back to building ships to convince hostile zebra to trade titanium to her, so she can make fancier telescopes in search of the Great Red Dot*

Psychosplodge
09-02-2015, 08:51 AM
:eek: wtf?

Link?

- - - Updated - - -

found it. google did work for that surprisingly.

Mr Mystery
09-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Can you make wimmin characters?

In Mad Max?

Sadly not, you just play as Max. And no online game either, which is peculiar these days.

eldargal
09-03-2015, 04:30 AM
Boo.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2015, 05:23 AM
I guess 'no choice at all evers' is technical better than 'choice of dudes, or GTFO'.

And being a movie series spinoff, bit of a bye on that one?

Also, there are female characters!

Kirsten
09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
ooh, I got in the Warhammer Vermintide: End Times closed Beta for Saturday, got to sign a non disclosure agreement and everything.

Alaric
09-03-2015, 11:12 AM
ooh, I got in the Warhammer Vermintide: End Times closed Beta for Saturday, got to sign a non disclosure agreement and everything.

Grats! Now be sure to post pics , I mean non dislosures are nothing to worry boot :P

Mr Mystery
09-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Ehrmagerd. Mad Max is an absolute tonne of fun!

Just got the amusingly named 'Thunderpoon' upgrade. Much laffs was had tear arseing around knacking all and sundry.

Though highlight of vehicle combat remains harpooning a driver out their vehicle, via the windscreen....

Psychosplodge
09-08-2015, 05:42 AM
Decided to play a spreadsheet'em up last night. Got football manager '09 for a couple of quid. May or may not have created a manager based on the best character from a cartoon.
First press conference press asked questions about how as a "female" manager I'd cope with breaking into football management. Didn't seem that bothered about how being a tiny horse would affect my performance though. Interesting to consider that the option was there and they programmed expected press responses. Wonder if the press will start doing scandal pieces if I'm ****?

Gotthammer
09-08-2015, 06:26 AM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcvgykWQdK1rrftcdo1_500.png

Psychosplodge
09-09-2015, 01:35 AM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/493d2a6f7d3fab793b0c21cc63a167c0/tumblr_ng6ef2sgQ61seys6io1_540.png

Sometimes they have to learn the hard way

Kirsten
09-09-2015, 02:13 AM
Cruel :p

Erik Setzer
09-09-2015, 09:47 AM
That would be the ideal solution yes. The whole 'the story is crafted around the individual character and it just took us towards a male story' is such a trite excuse, as Saints Row illustrates nicely. Writing a story involving a wife? Gay. Kids? Adopted. No excuse.

Or, if they're going to insist on a spouse, give the option of spouse gender, so people can choose their character's gender and sexual orientation.

Saints Row definitely shot down those silly arguments, but people don't like Saints Row because it decided to have fun rather than just be another crime simulator. Meh to those killjoys!

Mr Mystery
09-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Absolutely loving Mad Max.

Except for the current bit. It's ******* hard. Think I need to tweak my wheels...

Psychosplodge
09-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Got the Saints Row bundle on steam at weekend cause it was cheap. Then literally spent the rest of the weekend playing it or sleeping.

Best dress up simulator since GTA:SA

http://i.imgur.com/Vkv7S8M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sWjgmdp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gjFKzu5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sGVv03c.jpg

And be careful not to be changing while you're under attack or this can happen

http://i.imgur.com/t1ecQAs.jpg

And then I realised that I could screen shot the cutscenes and look even more badass.

http://i.imgur.com/RT93wZ2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oXT8Dea.jpg

And sometimes my co-workers parking leaves a bit to be desired.

http://i.imgur.com/xZb4a7x.jpg

Kirsten
09-14-2015, 03:07 AM
excellent choice of boss

Psychosplodge
09-14-2015, 03:13 AM
Thank you, I configured her myself.

Erik Setzer
09-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Got the Saints Row bundle on steam at weekend cause it was cheap. Then literally spent the rest of the weekend playing it or sleeping.

Saints Row is an absolutely awesome series. As opposed to the people who wanted more GTA clones, I love the direction it took in SR3 and SR4, embracing the insanity. It's also great that you can make your character any size or color you want (though there's only three voices each for male and female, so sometimes it might not sound right). And the wild variety of outfits? Awesome. There's also the weapon customization, like in SR4 (can't recall with SR3) you can make your pistol look like Mal Reynolds' pistol. And you can change the music for the Dubstep Gun.

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 01:26 AM
I always avoided it previously as too much like GTA, but it knows it is and turns the silliness up to 11 to find its own niche. And I'm enjoying it far more than I expected I would. I haven't seen any weapon customisation and I'm about 70% into 3.

eldargal
09-15-2015, 02:47 AM
You can upgrade weapons at gun stores not sure about customising appearance though. Saints Row is WAAAY better than GTA because unlike GTA it is actually a satire and parodies things, instead of just using satire as a shield to hide behind when its racist and sexist elements are called out.

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 02:52 AM
Yeah I upgraded no problem.

eldargal
09-15-2015, 03:01 AM
Going to share with you the greatest parking job I have ever done in a Saints Row game. Or any other game:
http://i.imgur.com/iv6NvR3.jpg

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 03:26 AM
Like a glove...

Did you make yourself? :D

Kirsten
09-15-2015, 03:53 AM
I made myself with shorter hair, but still pink like in real life.

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 04:00 AM
:D

Did you manage to get the right shade?

Kirsten
09-15-2015, 04:06 AM
no, but it wasn't miles off. I had purple hair when I first played 3, so did that, then pink for 4

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 04:09 AM
I couldn't get purple to stay in my hair properly irl :(

Kirsten
09-15-2015, 04:11 AM
I use Directions, works well, lasts a few months

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 04:26 AM
They didn't have the shade I was after. But yeah they worked well for red and blue when I've used them.

But yeah stargazer is terrible.

Kirsten
09-15-2015, 04:28 AM
Purple goes well with the whole Saints theme

Psychosplodge
09-15-2015, 04:31 AM
I may or may not have being cosplaying a wonderbolt :D

Yeah as evidenced earlier I went for dark purple gothic in SR3. I'll see what four brings later this week probably cause there can't be much 3 left.

Kirsten
09-15-2015, 04:34 AM
I enjoyed 4 aside from the world itself, constantly dark and glowing red got tired quickly. would be far far better with day/night, weather etc.

Mr Mystery
09-15-2015, 05:38 AM
Going to share with you the greatest parking job I have ever done in a Saints Row game. Or any other game:
http://i.imgur.com/iv6NvR3.jpg

Not sure if referring to Helicopter, bloke on table, or both.

eldargal
09-15-2015, 06:46 AM
Mostly the helicopter, not every day you can park one upside down. But the people are rather amusing too, guy on table and weird twisty woman.

Mr Mystery
09-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Perhaps auspiciously, I put off the racing mission in Mad Max.

Magnum Opus is now pretty much a tank, with horrifically powerful Thunderpoons at my disposal.

Races are incredibly easy once you're the only remaining competitor.....

Erik Setzer
09-15-2015, 10:59 AM
I haven't seen any weapon customisation and I'm about 70% into 3.

I don't recall if SR3 had any or not... I think you could change the color of weapons, at least, and have different types of weapons that you could upgrade in shops. SR4 went further with it all.

- - - Updated - - -

You can upgrade weapons at gun stores not sure about customising appearance though. Saints Row is WAAAY better than GTA because unlike GTA it is actually a satire and parodies things, instead of just using satire as a shield to hide behind when its racist and sexist elements are called out.

My favorite bit of satirizing of the entire genre (that SR is now only loosely in) was a scene in SR4 where Zinyak puts you in a room showing all these scenes of people who'd died during the series, and he's asking things like, "How many people died because you felt it was faster to drive on the sidewalk than the streets? How many people have you killed because you used a missile launcher in a gun fight?" The game just straight up calls out the players as murderous psychopaths... excuse me, "puckish ****ing rogues."

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed 4 aside from the world itself, constantly dark and glowing red got tired quickly. would be far far better with day/night, weather etc.

Ironically, you get to choose day/night after you beat SR4. I'm a little confused myself as to why Zinyak wouldn't want to have it cycling to keep convincing people everything was normal, but I guess they were going for a Tron/Matrix parody aesthetic.

Psychosplodge
09-16-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't recall if SR3 had any or not... I think you could change the color of weapons, at least, and have different types of weapons that you could upgrade in shops. SR4 went further with it all.

Nah I've finished the storyline on 3 now, no colour options apparent. Started 4. The alien has annoyed me already. The customisation allows the colours or style like you said, plus they've broke the upgrades down into attributes, so takes longer to upgrade overall.

Erik Setzer
09-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Nah I've finished the storyline on 3 now, no colour options apparent. Started 4. The alien has annoyed me already. The customisation allows the colours or style like you said, plus they've broke the upgrades down into attributes, so takes longer to upgrade overall.

It's okay, by the end you'll have been able to upgrade everything you want, if you're hitting up side stuff (and you might as well do the side stuff as you come across it on the map, since completing it at any time counts for completion for companions' loyalty quests).

Zinyak is purposely over the top. But it lends itself to some amusing moments, especially when he sings Biz Markie.

Kirsten
09-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Vermintide is looking really awesome

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2015, 04:26 PM
I was playing it at EGX today, it's Left 4 Dead with a Warhammer skin, which is awesome.

Warhammer Total War is VERY fun.

Kirsten
09-25-2015, 04:43 PM
far better than left 4 dead

Tyrendian
09-26-2015, 05:39 AM
warhammer total war is very fun.

gaaaaaaaah sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 :p

Mr Mystery
09-26-2015, 06:08 AM
Got 'Until Dawn' for me PS4 the other day.

Haven't played it yet, because that's what happens when I go drunk shopping....

Kirsten
09-26-2015, 06:10 AM
I shall be playing Destiny today

Kirsten
09-26-2015, 01:39 PM
anyone got in on the Microsoft Preview and want to share? :p

I am sick of waiting for the backwards compatibility feature

Psychosplodge
09-28-2015, 01:46 AM
far better than left 4 dead

Nah I prefer shooting stuff. Make a reskinned 40k version and we're laughing.

Finished saints row iv at weekend. It's rather short, but its so funny at times in some of the cutscenes. Started saints row 2. It's really poorly ported to PC the controls are very poorly laid out, it doesn't support mouse wheel zoom, it doesn't even recognise mouse buttons 4 or 5. Some minigames literally haven't been converted and are based around a PS dualshock pad. Its rather unstable and ctd too often, and its annoying how you have to do side missions to be allowed to do the main quests. And its far too easy.
Doubt I'll be finishing this one.

Kirsten
09-28-2015, 02:23 AM
well shooting or not, it is still a far better game. more missions, more varied, better looking, characters are different. the two aren't comparable really.

Saint's Row 2 is probably my favourite, I'd like to see it re-done in shiny graphics.

Psychosplodge
09-28-2015, 02:28 AM
I watched TB's vid on it - not played it obviously, and it looked a bit repetitive. I suppose it might be a steam sale purchase eventually.

I think a modern remake would make it much more playable.

Erik Setzer
09-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Saints Row 2 was fun, but was still rather close to its origins as a sort-of-GTA-clone. Some of the fun stuff started showing up, though. Unfortunately, it *was* a really bad PC port job, and I doubt even if I used my controller on the computer it'd work well.

The Shaundi is SR2 will probably make you do a bit of a double-take compared to the Shaundi of SR3 and 4, though since you've played through SR4, you already have an idea of how different they are. I can understand the evolution of the character, but some people didn't take it too well. (I guess they assume that it's better for someone to remain what is, to put it bluntly, a doper who sleeps with half the guys in town, rather than cleaning up her life and taking charge of a group that's suddenly finding themselves successful in the world.)

Kirsten
09-28-2015, 07:51 AM
I watched TB's vid on it - not played it obviously, and it looked a bit repetitive. I suppose it might be a steam sale purchase eventually.

I think a modern remake would make it much more playable.

it isn't though, it is done well. there are only a couple of attack buttons, but there are actually quite a few ways to kill skaven, and each character can have multiple weapon types to mix it up further.

Psychosplodge
09-28-2015, 08:16 AM
yeah I got the shock in iv erik, they were so different. I wasn't attached to either though so it didn't bother me. I suppose had I played it from two that might be different.

Aye, the weapon drop system and just how varied and that they're all hand created not generated randomly does sound interesting. I think it would depend on having three people to play regularly with probably.

Kirsten
09-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Aye, the weapon drop system and just how varied and that they're all hand created not generated randomly does sound interesting. I think it would depend on having three people to play regularly with probably.

possibly yeah. there is a console release coming early next year, though probably not local co-op. you can play with bots too if you are anti social, and the AI is pretty good for it.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Bloody hell!

Playing 'Until Dawn', and I very nearly just shat myself!

Psychosplodge
09-30-2015, 02:40 AM
I'm assuming he adds a new one as he catches them.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/522a671ffe8796ac5669a1e5dbd8d9a7/tumblr_nsjg83D3iS1qd5mq1o1_540.jpg

So was playing beyond two souls(i think thats what its called) last night. Two big issues. the button press symbols keep appearing barely on the screen which is annoying. And some of the slow-mo things go into fail state before you even see which way you need to move :mad:
Still more of a film than a game tbh, or as my younger brother reffered to it "PS3s premier Ellen Paige simulator"

Kirsten
09-30-2015, 05:13 AM
yeah, I quite enjoyed it though, there is quite a bit going on

Psychosplodge
09-30-2015, 05:16 AM
its certainly an engaging story, but I already knew that as I watched the SO play through it - its not something I'd buy, but I borrowed it to see what I could do differently.

Kirsten
09-30-2015, 05:48 AM
yeah, it is actually quite interesting to skim through a guide afterwards too to see what you could too. there were moments that I didn't realise you could make a choice, and it is good to see where you made assumptions and so on.

Psychosplodge
09-30-2015, 05:51 AM
I've disappointingly failed two major set pieces because of the action being unclear though so still annoyed :D

Kirsten
09-30-2015, 05:57 AM
yeah it could be a little better done

Psychosplodge
10-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Game idea: You play as a humble peasant who must fight off waves of adventurers who feel entitled to just waltz into your house and loot whatever they please.

Humble Peasant kills adventurers that enter their home

Humble Peasant keeps their weapons, magic items, and hold

Humble Peasant realizes that stronger and stronger adventurers are coming to claim their growing pile of loot

Humble Peasant builds traps and fortifications to keep them out

Humble Peasant procures exotic pets to help defend their home

Humble Peasant continues to amass more and more loot and attract stronger and stronger adventurers

Humble Peasant has to keep building up and fortifying their home, traps, and pets to keep the adventurers out

Humble Peasant suddenly realizes that they have accidentally built a dungeon. It’s a ****ing dungeon now. It’s fortified and full of traps, monsters, and treasure, and the Humble Peasant is the boss.

Humble Peasant realizes that adventurers will never leave them alone now.

Humble Peasant hates adventurers.

Humble Peasant accidentally becomes major villain.

I would play this game.

Mr Mystery
10-01-2015, 03:33 AM
As would I.

Kirsten
10-01-2015, 04:07 AM
genius

Psychosplodge
10-01-2015, 05:33 AM
console gaming

http://i.imgur.com/lGv9CPo.png

Erik Setzer
10-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Pft. Got a TV under $1000, works just fine. No Dance Mat or Power Glove, games haven't been $80 in a long time. Why is a TV cabinet $1000? Why spend $3500 on a home theater system? You can get that couch for $300. Don't need every console, but if you got all the big three, it's about $800 (Unless the Wii U is more than $200?)... and that's the only reason you'd spend that much on extra controllers. Even leaving A/C on all day for my cats and my computer on while I game (and just letting it run while I sleep, often downloading stuff), my electricity doesn't get to $150 (my apartment is also 1510sf, so not tiny). Got the fastest speed my local cable company allows, still under $100 for Internet service (with TV tacked on). No meds, who needs 'em? (Well, I have a friend who does, and then needs pot to deal with the meds. Great, innit?) I have glasses for astigmatism in both eyes, titanium frames and some special kind of lenses to make them lighter and more resistant to my insanely acidic sweat, only cost about $300.

So. Yeah. Where the heck does this person live?

Admittedly, if I had that much to spend on an insanely good TV and home theater setup, I probably would, but not for gaming. I'd want it for watching movies and sports. But for $1000 I can get a four-seat leather couch with reclining seats and cup holders. (I've been sorely tempted at times.)

I think there was a joke in there somewhere, but they over-exaggerated so much the joke got lost.

Psychosplodge
10-01-2015, 08:23 AM
It's based on the ridiculous prices console gamers often apply to owning a PC I think.

here

https://i.imgur.com/buH2LR2.jpg

Kirsten
10-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Most of those are not console specific

Erik Setzer
10-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Ah... so it's people on both sides of that silly argument acting like complete tools to pretend they're somehow superior while, by their very actions, proving they are actually inferior to most people regardless of gaming platform preference?

Cool.

Are sound cards still a thing? Or even fax machines that aren't printers? (Also, what is that, a 3D printer?) Is there even anything in a computer these days you'd need WD-40 for?

Oh, and dual-monitor (or triple-monitor) is not just good for gaming, it's brilliant for watching Netflix while you work. :D

Gotthammer
10-02-2015, 08:36 PM
-

Psychosplodge
10-05-2015, 01:47 AM
Anyone seen the new animal crossing game? Has collectable cards that do something ingame. £5 for a packet of three :eek:

Mr Mystery
10-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Nah.

You can get a packet of three in the pub bogs for a couple of quid.

Kirsten
10-05-2015, 03:20 PM
last few days I have been playing Assault Android Cactus, a great little twin stick shooter. nice and fast paced and chaotic, looks great, varied enemies, big bosses. a whole range of playable characters, each with a unique primary and secondary weapon. and every playable character is female.

Psychosplodge
10-06-2015, 02:52 AM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/24a4c12613b6fa53d145ce147d8e7d95/tumblr_nvqddhj5Az1rqvvxno1_540.png

Kirsten
10-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Farcry Primal

the latest Farcry game in which you are a prehistoric human hunting mammoth and sabre tooth tigers with spears and bows. no, I am not joking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0tlaY9ZGI

really can't see this working. the strength of the Farcry games has always been the variety to how you approach things, the range of weapons etc. personally the hunting was always my least favourite aspect. trailer doesn't grab me at all.

YorkNecromancer
10-06-2015, 01:51 PM
really can't see this working. the strength of the Farcry games has always been the variety to how you approach things, the range of weapons etc. personally the hunting was always my least favourite aspect. trailer doesn't grab me at all.

Agreed.

I bloody loved Far Cry 3, and by the end, the only weapon I was ever really using was a knife. Clearing all the camps of pirates? That was some of the best stealth gameplay/most fun I've had in a game. But the hunter-gatherer stuff was boring as hell.

Really don't see the appeal of a game built around being a bloody caveman, especially given how rotten the 'spiritual' bollocks was in 3.

I don't get why they don't just buy the license and make it Far Cry: Predator where instead of being a drugged up superman like in the first Far Cry games, you're literally just a Predator. Give me a game where I can hunt and kill with Plasma Casters and wrist blades. Set it on LV426, when all the Engineer bioweapons have gotten loose and I'm hunting shoggoths and other H.R. Giger styled Elder Gods.

Not to mention, this obsession in gaming with trying to make the bow and arrow into some kind of awesome weapon (looking right at you Crysis 3) is just bloody tedious beyond words.

Kirsten
10-06-2015, 01:55 PM
I have loved all four of them, and just don't see how this one can compete

eldargal
10-07-2015, 06:57 AM
That's also not how mammoths were hunted. It looks ridiculous frankly.

Psychosplodge
10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Corsair have apparently released a limited edition mouse for it

http://i.imgur.com/yhrkN6e.jpg

Mr Mystery
10-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Not to mention, this obsession in gaming with trying to make the bow and arrow into some kind of awesome weapon (looking right at you Crysis 3) is just bloody tedious beyond words.

You've made Turok cry now.

Bad Yorkie. BAD.

Psychosplodge
10-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Apparently there's a premium version as well

http://i.imgur.com/7YgfQFL.jpg

YorkNecromancer
10-07-2015, 12:51 PM
You've made Turok cry now.

Bad Yorkie. BAD.

http://cdn.hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/28/50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

Nintendo games.

I just don't play 'em.

Mr Mystery
10-07-2015, 01:23 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NPH-dissapoint.gif

Don't worry. It wasn't very good.

My endearing memory was of every gun being crap anyway.

YorkNecromancer
10-07-2015, 02:22 PM
That's what I heard. And I recall it was released about the same time as Quake 2. And why play Turok when you can play Quake 2?

Mr Mystery
10-07-2015, 02:47 PM
And why play Quake 2 when you've got Goldeneye?

Psychosplodge
10-08-2015, 01:40 AM
Goldeneye was amazing. And then they improved it with perfect dark...

Psychosplodge
10-14-2015, 02:09 AM
Been playing the gun metal and Invasion TF2 updates.
The gun metal one you got random drops for completing "contracts" (100 points of specific objectives ie kill snipers)
The vast majority of the loot drops were for classes I don't even play :mad:
I've probably got less than ten hours playing spy, I now have four or five reskinned revolvers for it.
Same for scout/engie I've got three reskinned pistols.
so infuriating.

And for the invasion I sold two crates on the market which netted me enough to buy a key to open another crate, and I got a bloody scout pistol.
I want a bloody space hamster not a bloody scout pistol

Tyrendian
10-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Well Vermintide is a go 'round here, or will be as soon as Steam coughs up the remaining five gigs of files :) Only got a team of three at first, but it'll be a friend's birthday soon so we've found both a present for him and our fourth hero at the same time I guess :D

Psychosplodge
10-26-2015, 03:52 AM
Spent Thursday night, and most of Friday just wonder trading magikarp to help fill my pokedex. Very little progress made towards that end as everyone else seems to be doing the same with a combination of zubats, zigzagoons and magikarps.

Unboxed a strange space hamster Saturday. He's now in a black spacesuit, called Boo, and encouraged to go for the eyes.

Then after that I got New vegas ultimate for the PC(originally played it on the potatostation3) spent about twelve hours modding it. Broke it horribly a couple of times. But now I have a game that contains too much smut. where you suffer "horniness"(with negative modifiers as your mind isn't on the job anymore) if you don't get laid after a couple of days or so. Adult posters in buildings, pin -up playing cards, anime girls on the loading screens, anime themed framed pictures, graffiti in the toilets, hd textures, new better interiors, some of the boarded up buildings now have explorable interiors, pony themed billboards(though creator seems to have missed about 50% of billboards), strippers on the bar in goodsprings, better textured people, mlp t-shirts, badass sunglasses, openworld strip.

I regret some of it.

Kirsten
10-26-2015, 06:08 AM
shocking :p

Psychosplodge
10-26-2015, 06:35 AM
More so than I expected. There's even a xp and a stat tracker for your sex life...

Psychosplodge
10-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Did I mention my animegirl pipboy?

http://i.imgur.com/rqtYDkc.jpg

Also discovered the hard way that one of these adult mods includes a broken STD feature, as in go to the quack and asking for a cure takes the caps, doesn't cure the bloody STD :rolleyes: and despite sticking to supposedly statistically safer lesbian sex picked up three STDs, one from a bloody doctor ffs.
But these roaming traders keep offering me discount in return for my fair body, so what can you do?

Kirsten
10-27-2015, 04:42 AM
lol, dear oh dear :p

Kirsten
11-06-2015, 12:58 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/06/5050-chance-for-new-legacy-of-kain-says-crystal-dynamics?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=19&utm_campaign=Blogroll

50/50 chance of new Legacy of Kain

Wolfshade
11-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Random steam sale and picked me up some blood bowl action

Psychosplodge
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
****ing game.

some anime-esque fighting game, stickered up in multiple branches £27.49. Scans at £54.99. I could understand one branch making a pricing mistake, but all of them? ffs.

Morgrim
11-09-2015, 08:59 AM
I have been playing Viridi lately. It is a 'soothing potted cactus simulator'. My cacti are flowering prettily. It's nice.

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I'm not googling that. I'm still collecting catnip from the last time I googled a random game in this thread.

Morgrim
11-09-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm not googling that. I'm still collecting catnip from the last time I googled a random game in this thread.

And I was responsible for that one too! What can I say, I like deceptively simple and weirdly addictive games. :D

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
****ing game.

some anime-esque fighting game, stickered up in multiple branches £27.49. Scans at £54.99. I could understand one branch making a pricing mistake, but all of them? ffs.

that isn't down to the branch. every store gets the same sheet of price changes from head office, so yeah if it is wrong in one store it will be wrong in all of them.

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Yeah you were Morgrim :p

Yeah I know, I just expected it to have been corrected after four days.

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:14 AM
maybe nobody bought it before then

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:21 AM
No I mean i went in one branch last week and they declined to sell it me at the marked price then removed it from their shelves, then four days later another branch did the same thing. you'd have thought someone would phoned price control and got it sorted in that time. When I worked in retail that sort of stuff was usually sorted in 24 hours, but then again the retailer I worked at also stood to the error and sold it at the marked price so had more incentive to do so.

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:25 AM
it is all forum/email based, so it might not have been picked up before the next price sheet was issued. we had problems at times with certain special offers on launch day, and you can see a load of stores on the forum all raising the same issue with no answer from Admins

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:27 AM
That's a pretty poor way to run things.

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:35 AM
it didn't always seem ideal, but they must have had a reason for it. maybe it was more economical to have a slower accurate response than have potentially incorrect phone answers. The one time it pissed me off was when Link Between Worlds came out, the special edition came with a free copy of Link's Awakening, but Game decided to remove the free game for staff using their discounts. A lot of us pointed out that they can't do that because the free game was 'in box' from Nintendo, not a promotion by Game, but nobody replied and everybody wanted to get the game home and get playing.

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:38 AM
That's disgusting.
It didn't help that I promptly found the other game I bought a tenner cheaper hundred yards away, obviously had I known that shop existed I would have checked, but the dangers of shopping in unfamiliar towns...

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:44 AM
yeah it didn't impress many people. I won a free copy of Titanfall as well as part of a sales drive and never got it.

Local staff are always great though, never had a problem with pre-orders or anything.

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:46 AM
The thing is the staff seemed both friendly and helpful, so I can't be pissed at them, but game really need to pull their act together.

Kirsten
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
I suspect that is down to the financial difficulties they had a few years ago, and the fact that margins are so tight on everything. they run everything on a shoe string.

Psychosplodge
11-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Probably.

Psychosplodge
11-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Gary's mod creator discovers origin

http://i.imgur.com/rh5bkqV.png

Psychosplodge
11-19-2015, 05:40 AM
E-sports simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=VgbxXnM7DEQ

Erik Setzer
11-19-2015, 10:48 AM
E-sports simulator: "I f***ing hate that game!"

Yeah, sounds accurate to me.

Also, I am so glad no one is around when I play certain games. And that my neighbors seem to be very accepting folks.

eldargal
11-24-2015, 08:11 AM
Star Wars Battlefront is very fun, but for some reason it makes my computer overheat despite the immensely powerful heatsink and fan system. It's very odd, like I can run FO4 on maximum settings and cpu temperature won't go above 44 but Battlefront on any setting makes it hit 80 or more, and sometimes it triggers the safety thingy and turns my PC off.

Mr Mystery
11-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Because EA?

I dunno.

Have you tried kicking it?

eldargal
11-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Yep.

Erik Setzer
11-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Because EA?

Sadly, that's often the answer. They love releasing stuff too early and unpolished.

Think I might hold off on getting Battlefront until it's had time for a patch or two. Or it's on sale or I have too much money (impossible).

Mr Mystery
11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Humph.

Amazon didn't deliver my games today.

So instead of in an A-Wing, I'm in the pub.

Tyrendian
11-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Humph.

Amazon didn't deliver my games today.

So instead of in an A-Wing, I'm in the pub.

why not both? can't be worse than drunk driving right? ...riiight? :P

Erik Setzer
11-25-2015, 09:06 AM

Playing some games while drinking makes them so much more fun.

Mr Mystery
11-25-2015, 09:19 AM

Couldn't get in my A-Wing because Battlefront hadn't arrived?

Mr Mystery
11-27-2015, 06:55 AM
And all stocked up for the long, boring, skint month of January.

I now have the following awaiting my tender attentions....

Fallout 4
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Star Wars Battlefront
Disney Infinity 3.0, with additional Sabine
Transformers Devastation
Until Dawn

And a second PS4 controller, so my mates can join in.

Kirsten
11-27-2015, 06:56 AM
I got Syndicate for my birthday on Wednesday, got Tomb Raider on launch as well but I haven't played it yet, waiting until I need a break from Fallout

Mr Mystery
11-27-2015, 03:11 PM
I.....I think I may be disappointed with Battlefront.....

X-Wing flying is no fun. No brakes, crap boost, no barrel rolls. Just fly around and around in circles shooting at TIEs :(