PDA

View Full Version : Send Good Wishes...

ElectricPaladin
11-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Say a prayer to St. Jobs and the Omnissiah… my wife's phone fell in the toilette, and we await news of its survival… or not.

Deadlift
11-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Did you take out insurance on the phone, if not check your house contents insurence. Some do cover phones too.

Psychosplodge
11-19-2013, 03:14 AM
See normally I'd suggest turning it off and putting it in the airing cupboard for a week to dry.
But down the toilet? Time for a new phone...

Wolfshade
11-19-2013, 03:28 AM
pack it in a bowl of rice for a couple of days.

Aenir
11-19-2013, 04:14 AM
May your weapon be guarded against malfunction, as your soul is guarded from impurity. The Machine God watches over you. Unleash the weapons of war. Unleash the Deathdealer.

This machine is discharged into your care.Fight with this machine, and guard it from the shame of defeat.Serve this machine, as you would have fight it for you. (response) - I shall.

When uttering the incantation, mark well that the rod is upon and not within the intake. The second incantation should not be uttered until all the fumes have come forth, then the way shall be clear for the sacred words to penetrate unto the heart of the engine. If the mounting be hot say the third rune, if it be cold the fourth rune is more appropriate. For then the wrath of the engine will be aroused...

Strike the first rune upon the engine's casing employing the chosen wrench. Its tip should be anointed with the oil of engineering using the proper incantation when the auspices are correct. Strike the second rune upon the engine's casing employing the arc-tip of the power-driver. If the second rune is not good, a third rune may be struck in like manner to the first. This is done according to the true ritual laid down by Scotti the Enginseer. A libation should be offered. If this sequence is properly observed the engines may be brought to full activation by depressing the large panel marked "ON".

I hope that these are appropriate!

Mr Mystery
11-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Have you tried kicking it?

ElectricPaladin
11-19-2013, 08:28 AM
You guys are awesome.

The phone currently rests in rice. We will see what happens.

I've got to tell you, although Snopes hasn't attacked it yet, the Internet is not friendly to the rice trick. The most reputable sources I've found tend to think that it doesn't work. Still, there's no reason to think it's a bad idea...

Mr Mystery
11-19-2013, 08:30 AM
But did you try kicking it?

Deadlift
11-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Airing closets not a bad idea too, slowly dry it out. Just don't switch it on for a couple days as the water could cause a short

Psychosplodge
11-19-2013, 08:52 AM
If possible also remove the battery. Though if its a silly apple product you wont be able to do this.

Wildeybeast
11-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Why was she using her phone whilst going to the toilet? That is just asking for trouble

ElectricPaladin
11-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Why was she using her phone whilst going to the toilet? That is just asking for trouble

Sadly, yes...

Well, we'll see. She's decided to leave it in the rice for 24 hours.

Wolfshade
11-19-2013, 04:38 PM
My sister has had some success with the old rice trick, after dropping her husbands 'phone in a pint.

It was some samsung model, not sure of the time and duration etc.

Psychosplodge
11-19-2013, 04:43 PM

It's not like trying to stand and pee and use your phone though is it? the risk is a lot lower from a seated position.
I hope you have soundly mocked your wife paladin, or at least will eventually :D

Denzark
11-20-2013, 05:33 AM
Mind bullets.

Psychosplodge
11-20-2013, 05:37 AM
That's telekinesis Kyle. but how will it help here?

Denzark
11-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Sorry - I mean to dry the phone with. Cast out the evil toilet water using only the power of the mind, leaving the delicate circuitry, sexy photos and obligatory phonebook unscathed.