PDA

View Full Version : 1850 white scars thoughts?

Toddrick
11-18-2013, 06:24 PM
So I'm debating playing my white scars for an upcoming local event, figured I'd get thoughts on my list and any potential advice.

Hq:
Khan on bike
Command sqd with 2x grav and apothecary

Elite:
5x th/ss termis

Troop:
6x bikes with 2x grav and mmab
6x bikes with 2 x grav
5 x bikes with 2 x melta
5 x bikes with 2x melta
10 x bp/cc scouts
10x tac marines in pod with melta/ combi melta

Fast:
Storm talon with sky hammer

Heavy:
TFC
Vindicator

Total: 1847

So I know I could spam smaller sqds full of grav guns but it's not really my style and I like more diversified lists that have an overall theme, it's also not an uber competitive scene but I would very much appreciate thoughts and opinions, thank you

Akaiyou
11-19-2013, 01:19 PM
I think you can lose the vindicator, all those grav guns will serve the same purpose more reliably.

You should swap the vindicator with something that can give you long range anti-tank support which is what i think you are lacking.

Devastators would do well or even a pred

other than that, the list looks pretty solid to me

I would however strongly consider dropping the hammernators in favor of a chapter master on bike with shield eternal, powerfist/hammer and artificier armor.

It should total to about the same pts as the termies, be fluffier and bring as much cc power with the added benefit of high mobility.

chicop76
11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Think you should drop the terminators and take a cheap flyer or two or even a storm raven.

chicop76
11-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Think you should drop the terminators and take a cheap flyer or two or even a storm raven.

Oh you have a talon. Well more talons or a storm raven minus terminators.

Toddrick
11-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far, yeah the termis are more or less a stop gap until I figure out what I would want to add maybe a land speeder sqd to have that long range punch without abandoning the fluff? And the raven would be nice although my local meta would kinda render it a bit of a waste. But please feel free to throw ideas out there not much of the list is set in stone other than my attempts to avoid the chapter master of doom gimmick

Toddrick
11-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Sorry double post lol

Kramanal
12-03-2013, 05:02 AM
I like yr list, just don't like terminators in 'Scars, but I play for fun so maybe not a competitive force.

Here is my 1850 'Scars.
Khan on Moondraken
Librarian on Bike +1 mastery
Techmarine on bike with Harness
2 Command squads Champion, Apothecary +3Vets on bikes, Company Standard, 3SS, 3gravpistols, 3PF
3 Bike squads VetSgt(Powermaul), 7bikes, MMAttackbike, 2gravguns
total 1849pts.
Fast and fun.

My 2500 is the above
+1 repeat bike squad,
3 Whirlwinds
2 Land Speeder Typhoons