PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List.

Santa
11-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Hello there boys and girls.

I thought it would be a nice idea as the holiday season approaches if you shared with me your Christmas lists. Hobby related wish lists to be more precise.

Are you looking to start a new army, add to a current one or just hope to get that one off model you just want to paint. Whatever it is you hope to have Santa would love to read what it is you hope to find under the tree.

I usually have something given to me by the Elves and Mrs Claus. Were all into 40k up here at the North Pole and the Elves had been making some new models that could be used in our games. Unfortunately GW have sent us a Cease and Desist. Apparently they even have the copyright to Elves which have sent my boys into a bit of a panic.

Anyway I have asked Mrs Claus for Angron by FW for Christmas. Such a lovely model and a very misunderstood primarch.

What's on your list ?

MMM
11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Deadzone - Containment Protocol

Lovely miniatures and a great game.

Also the miniatures can be used to play other games like e.g. 40k. ;)

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Forge World Iron Hands, lots of pre heresy stuff. I have wanted to do IH for such a long time but struggled to get the paint scheme to look how I wanted. I've cracked that now. So yep besides "socks" which I have to have every year it's going to be a forge world list for me this year.

And really Santa, Angron ? You surprise me.

Captofthe8th
11-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Same here, pre-heresy IH, especially Ferrus Manus.

FW is trying to bankrupt me; help me Santa, you're my only hope.

Also, an R'Varna riptide. :)

MMM
11-17-2013, 01:06 AM
My tabletop hobby present will be Deadzone - Containmentprotocol.

Lovely miniatures which will be used in 40k as well.

Learn2Eel
11-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Tyranids.

ElectricPaladin
11-17-2013, 02:16 AM
*******it, but it's a waste of time. My interests waffle back and forth between games so rapidly, you could leave me anything from any game I play, and if I don't want to build it, paint it, and play it right away, I'll get to it in a month or two. At the moment, the top of my list would probably be Lizardmen or Vampire Counts. Though, I am also a 40k player and am participating in a narrative campaign using my Knights of Blood, so I could totally use something for them. And I'm also excited about stripping my Exorcists and repainting them as Sons of Medusa, so something for them would be cool, too.

And then it's still true that I also play Warmachine and Hordes, and would dig, maybe, a Gun Carriage or an Archangel or a Throne of Everblight.

So, I dunno... really, you can't go wrong!

Deadlift
11-17-2013, 03:24 AM
*******it, but it's a waste of time. My interests waffle back and forth between games so rapidly, you could leave me anything from any game I play, and if I don't want to build it, paint it, and play it right away, I'll get to it in a month or two. At the moment, the top of my list would probably be Lizardmen or Vampire Counts. Though, I am also a 40k player and am participating in a narrative campaign using my Knights of Blood, so I could totally use something for them. And I'm also excited about stripping my Exorcists and repainting them as Sons of Medusa, so something for them would be cool, too.

And then it's still true that I also play Warmachine and Hordes, and would dig, maybe, a Gun Carriage or an Archangel or a Throne of Everblight.

So, I dunno... really, you can't go wrong!

How do you go about stripping models mate ? Here in the UK I've been told Detols good but I've never stripped anything yet. Bigger mortgage is making me think about giving it a go. Any tips ?

Sorry Santa, derailing your thread and all ;)

YorkNecromancer
11-17-2013, 05:02 AM
It's really simple.

1- place models in dettol, in an airtight container.
2-leave for at least a day.
3-use toothbrush to get paint gloop off. Electric toothbrushes are best. Make sure you wear a mask when you're doing this! Also, you MUST wear rubber gloves. Dettol will ravage bare skin- thus speaks the voice of experience.

Dettol will safely strip any model, but don't leave resin of any kind in for longer than 24 hours- if you do, it will become rubbery. It won't melt, but it does become soft. Again, voice of experience.

As I say, it's really easy. Give it a go, you'll save a fortune.

ElectricPaladin
11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Dettol works really well. It's called Purple Power here in America, and it strips the paint right off. There's this stuff called Simple Green which also works wonders, though it isn't quite as good. It's a lot cheaper, though.

The best stuff is Dawn Power Clean, which I believe you call Fairy Clean. It's this gel stuff. You only need to let the model soak for an hour or so and then the paint just comes off. You've got to be careful with resin, though - it can react with the gel and deform a little. Plastic is all right, though.

interrogator_chaplain
11-17-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm getting close to finishing my winter-themed Realm of Battle board (Will have pics of the finished product soon, watch the Terrain board for them!) and basically right now, I want terrain. I picked up some trees at my FLGS and I have my Aegis Line, but I definitely need a few more things to plonk down on the table and give it a "lived in" feel.

There will probably be a Bastion and Wall of Martyrs in the future, probably some more trees too.

xbenblasterx
11-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Rather small list for me this year, just the Space Marine Codex, I've heard so many reviews cant wait to get the chance to dig my own claws into it (see what I did there?) But I've still got around 2000pts of Grey Knights still on there sprues, so that will keep me hobbying till the new year no doubt! oh it's a problem that plagues us all!

DWest
11-17-2013, 01:25 PM
The Sicaran Venator is getting a prominent spot at the top of my list. If they actually release rules permitting it in 40k, then it will probably be given the top 3 spots on my list instead. So very much want!

Cactus
11-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I would like an airbrush, Mr. Clause. If that's not possible, I'd like space marine bikes and swag to make a White Scar army - preheresy if at all possible.

Santa
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I would like an airbrush, Mr. Clause. If that's not possible, I'd like space marine bikes and swag to make a White Scar army - preheresy if at all possible.

Well I'm sure your on the "good" list. I usually give coal to the ones on the "bad" list. But for all you naughty GW fans, I may just leave finecast instead.

Psychosplodge
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Nobody has been bad enough to deserve finecast...

Also I would like
A contemptor,
A second gtx 660 ti (asus because they're 20% cooler - it says so on the box)
A pony
lots of cd's
lots of books
a pony
a new lense for my dslr
a pony
a ziltoid puppet
and a monitor with higher than 1080 resolution so its even easier to look down on console peasants
and did I mention a pony?

Popsical
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Sorry splodge, santa's not allowed to carry ponies in his sack anymore.
Animal welfare act forbids it.
Maybe a toy pony?

Psychosplodge
11-17-2013, 05:07 PM
:(

Santa
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
You'd be surprised at what Santa can fit in his sack ;).

Brakkart
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Mainly what I'd like is a Baneblade as I'm unemployed and cannot possibly afford one, even from discount retailers. But a Land Speeder would also be good as need a third one to complete my squad of them.

Wolfshade
11-18-2013, 02:57 AM
23" Ribble

Psychosplodge
11-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Still?

Wolfshade
11-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Still, the stiffness of it between your legs is awe inspiring.

Psychosplodge
11-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Oh really? :eek:

Wolfshade
11-18-2013, 03:22 AM
I recently had the opporunity to test one, you shuold have seen the smile on my face. The way it responded to my touch, oo.

Psychosplodge
11-18-2013, 03:32 AM
But is everything since a disappointment?

Wolfshade
11-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Yeah :'( Actually, no also tried a different makie/model out and that was as close to perfection I have ever felt, but it was stupid money.

Popsical
11-18-2013, 04:08 AM
What about a 24" ribble wolfie?
Or is that an inch too far?

Wolfshade
11-18-2013, 04:17 AM
That would be uncomfortably big, the 23" is stretching it a bit to begin with.

Popsical
11-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Go with the more expensive one. Think emperors children. Be a devil.

Morgrim
11-18-2013, 04:29 AM
I'd like a Dark Eldar Tantalus. It is so rare for Forgeworld to throw a bone to the DE players and it is a lovely looking vehicle and, alas, the last one they're ever likely to do. So I want one. (There was an interview with the sculptor who said that making DE sort of shapes in resin was too much of a pain for them to want to do more. I was very sad.)

Alue's Child
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Is it sad that my biggest wish is for a babysitter so I can paint a few hours in a week? I've had all water evaporate from my brush washing station more than once in the past few months due to the time between painting sessions. These Dark Eldar aren't painting themselves!

energongoodie
12-10-2013, 05:48 AM
I posted in the wrong thread and Santa said I'd only get coal if I didn't sort it so I have.

Iron Hands and more Iron Hands stacked on top of Iron Hands for Christmas please :D

pgarfunkle
12-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I started the wrong thread so I definitely don't want any coal in my stocking!

My wish list

Lots of Lizardmen...
A new steg
some Kroxigor
more skinks, everybody loves skinks
some razordons, I want to give a unit of these boys a go
Tetto'ecko
Terradons/Ripperdactyls
A wood elf battalion, as I'm hoping the rumours for a wood elf army book in the new year sometime are accurate

I would have put a couple of x-wing items on the list but they look to be either out of stock or not due for release until the new year.
B-Wing
Imperial Aces

GallandroX
12-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I've been listening to lots of the audio dramas recently and it has me wanting to convert up squad of knights errant in heresy era armour soo.......
grey knights squad for warding stave and cool knightly helms
space wolves squad for some luna wolf bits amd heads for macer varron and iacton cruze
fw squad mark v armour
big sword to represent garro's sword Libertas
eagle heads for garro's chestplate as shown in lexicanum.

Not too long a list I hope santa?

Wildeybeast
12-10-2013, 02:44 PM
If you are really real, Father Christmas, then you can get me an updated Wood Elves book. I don't want anything else and I promise I'll be good for a whole year (and I've been pretty good this year).

White Tiger88
12-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Dear Santa,

I Require more Demons to further the cause of the Glorious Dark Gods! Some of those lovely Forgeworld Daemons would be amazingly helpful to crush the minions of the corpse emperor!

Signed,

Tiger, Demon Prince of Chaos.

Darren Richardson
12-10-2013, 03:56 PM
My Christmas wish is a simple one, but I doubt Santa could grant it.....

I wish that White Dwarf actually had some gaming content in it for a change, some playtesting army lists, experimental rules and the like....

It's so sad Dwarfy has gone all Vogue...

All adverts and nothing of value!

Please Santa, I've been good..... Make it happen!

klunc
12-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm wishing for some new tiles for my Realm of Battle Board. And then another Garden of Morr for use with Sigmar's Blood.

LadyKatz
12-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Back on track....

My list for Santa was talked about in the article I wrote here http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/12/wfb-christmas-wish-list.html but also includes having a new Bret book, more Peg knights, FW Marienburg infantry, FW demigryphs and FW landships :)