PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts Blood Angels

Wolfshade
11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Evening, this is a 1,000 pts list facing Imperial Guard. The point of the list isn't to contest objectives, indeed at such a low point level I have very little chance verse a foot-slogging guard army. The point is to wipe them from the board :) Or at least that is the plan.

I also understand that melee isn't the most efficient way to work, but that way any big guns have no targets :)

HQ - Dante [Warlord, accompanied by Sanguinary Guard]
Elite - Priest w/ JP and Melta Bombs [to go with Sanguinary Guard
Elite - Chaplain [to go with Death Company]
Troop - Sanguinary Guard (5) Chapter Banner
Troop - Death Company (9) Rhino
Troop - Death Company Dreadnought w/ Heavy Flamer, Blood Talons

Total - 1000pts

The plan is simple rush the Rhino with the DC forwards, with the Dread coming along as fast as those stubbly legs will go. Then the Jump Troops drop in and unless fire.
The dread will aim for any Leman Rus that appear.

The obvious concern is running against heavy armour.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Akaiyou
11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
By foot-slogging guard i assume you mean heavy infantry guard? In which case i'd say why not bring flamers everywhere that you can.

Also against these type of guard armies I find that vehicles don't last long. They usually bring a lot of heavy weapon teams and the like which should deal with that 1 rhino and dreadnought pretty easily, you might have a better chance footslogging it yourself or razorbacks if you have any with flamers. As they are fast

Overall i think you'll find guard very difficult to wipe off the board with what you currently have. Even if u drop dante and the sanguinary guard on them, the opponent could potentially just ignore them or focus fire everything into them and if they are packing lascannons, that'll be tough for dante and company.

Wolfshade
11-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Huzzah! It was a magnificent victory. Tabled :)

Dreadnought took a lascanon to the face in turn 1 :(

Everything went according to plan. The DC rhino rush worked well, though half fell to banewolf, this was quickly rectified by a swift charge.
The Deathstar jumped in and were certainly useful. Biggest fluke came tank shocking a veteran unit off the board.

His list was something like

Company Command Squad w/ 3xSnipers + Chimera
Melta vet squad
Plasma vet squad
2xVets w/ lascanon
1xvets w/auto cannon
Banewolf
Punisher Leman Russ

It was quite enjoyable, I was fortunate that my opponent decided to reserve a couple of the squads so I was able to take them apart.

The DoA was quite fortunate to whether some punishing fire without damage.

The Sanguinary Guard + Dante were fun to use but in this size game it was a serious risk. 9 DCs without additional wargear were quite formidable. Dropping them would give me 400pts to play with. Ho-hum.

Onwards for Sanguinius.