PDA

View Full Version : Eldar v. Tau

Joel Higginbotham
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I often play against a buddy of mine who plays Tau. I play Eldar. We have been playing since before the updates that happened this past year. Since the new update, my friend's normal method of playing is the Tau gun line (usually 4-5 units of 12 fire warriors, one with Fireblade; Aun-Va and guards, then some other backup units). He always has an Aegis Defense line and he just sits behind this line. I have found that deep striking is good until he uses interceptor, and butt rushing him doesn't work that well. What thoughts do you have?

pellegrino
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
buy 2 wraithknights and just assault. Firewarriors cant hurt T8. put all your troops in fire prism*. have 1 or 2 jetbikes to claim objective last minute.

*Ma bad. I meant guardians/dire avengers in wave serpents. lol

Tenthseven
11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Take some Tau of your own (Farsight Enclaves) and marker-light his cover away? Otherwise, I would rush him with a couple Wave Serpents full of Wraithguard armed with D-Scythes. It's difficult to give you advice when I don't know both forces... hit me up with some sample lists and I'd love to formulate some strategies with you!

Da Gargoyle
11-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Pellegrino, Fire Prisms are not transports ;) You are probably thinking of Falcons. But if you have them use Dark Reapers on his troops with an Exarch with tempest launcher. That will ignore cover because it is a barrage weapon and it pins while the other 4 lads can pump out eight shots at S5. Also use Serpents with missiles or guardian units with missiles. The missile launcher fires plasma rounds which cause pinning on its targets. Tau are vulnerable to that. cause enough wounds and he will fail one which means he could get pinned which reduces his response options. I used vypers in a game a week ago, they burst up the flank which meant the other guy, Necrons, had three threats and dared not ignore any. Though he did tend to survive the pinning.

Weidekuh
11-12-2013, 02:45 AM
Night Spinners or Vaul Support Batteries with Shadow Weaver is where it's at. They outrange Firewarriors, so you can force him to move his gunline.

Night Spinner doesn't need LoS. 48" range. Big template, strength 7/8. Pinning! and Barrage, so try to snipe his high leadership characters. Monofilament rule.
If you want to basicly table his clumped up firewarrior gunline do the following: 1-3 Nightspinners with Crystal Targeting Matrix. Move 12", flatout 18", Torrent 12" away with your cover ignoring str 7/8 monofilament template. 42" range flame template range surprises everyone.

Vaul Support with Shadow Weaver is the cheaper variant of the Night Spinner and very good against Tau too. You can take 3 plattforms for 1 heavy slot and they are very cheap. Doesn't need LoS, 48" range, small blast, barrage, monofilament. And they give you 12 t7 wounds (artillery).

Sprinkle it with one or two Wave Serpents and shoot your shield from distance into his markerlight scouts (ignore cover, pinning).

Server the fishsoup. :P