Wraithknight (Warlord)
Wraithknight

SM allies (White Scars)

Chapter master: sheild eternal, Art armour, bike, Thunder Hammer, Auspex

Bikes x 8
2x grav
Attack bike with MM

Thunderfire Cannon

Bikes can combat squad or not giving me 4 troops.
Wave serpents can hide behind a tech marine bostered defences on a ruined building for 2+ cover saves
2 Wraithknights plus a beatstick Chapter Master so I can play aggressively.

Only thing I would be concerned about is flyer spam but its hard to fit much AA into a tight 1600pt list.

Chexmix282
11-14-2013, 01:25 PM
This list is great. I would exchange the Thunderfire Cannon for a Hunter or Stalker, though. This would give you at least some dedicated anti-air. This will save you 30 points depending on which one you go with. I would use those points for Holo-Fields on the Wave Serpents. When you only have two Serpents any survivability buff becomes very useful.

Siris Le Osiris
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks Chex
Serpents already have holofeilds.

Reason I went for the thunderfire is it gives me a buff to a terrain piece from the tech marine for a 2+ cover (using holo feilfds) on the serpents if they can get behind it and some barrage to target a screamer star (Which I seem to find quite often)

But yea 1600 is tight on points to find something to deal with air and run 2 WK

Chexmix282
11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I must have missed the Holo-Fields!

Wave Serpents do make for decent anti-air in a pinch. 7 S6 and D6+1 S7 (twin-linked) shots per Serpent can put out a surprising amount of hurt.

What do White Scars chapter tactics do for you? I would almost go with Iron Hands instead, making your units more resilient.

Siris Le Osiris
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM
The extra cover save and hit and run were the targets so as not to get tied up in combat, plus I'm not a fan of Iron hands colours :P though they make for the best Chapter Master