PDA

View Full Version : Sources on Craftworld Alaitoc

Warpspider89
11-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I am looking for info on Eldar craftworld Alaitoc. Does anyone have sources of info that they could recommend?

Cheers,

Paulo187
11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Alaitoc specifically? Path of the Warrior, Path of the Seer, Path of the Outcast.

Katharon
11-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Alaitoc was first mentioned in the codices around 3rd edition and was never fully expanded upon until the Paths of the Eldar series, the names of which Paulo mention above. It's not a new craftworld, but it is one that was never given any full definition or deep background look until the books came out.

FTGT
11-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Alaitoc specifically? Path of the Warrior, Path of the Seer, Path of the Outcast.

These. Best source I know of.

Iyandagar
11-12-2013, 08:27 AM
What the guys above said. Great set of books.

Anggul
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
They're pretty good books, but I wouldn't rate the information on the craftworld itself. It might just be me, but as I read it, it made the craftworld seem pretty tiny compared to what they're made out to be in all other backstory. It came across as very underwhelming compared to the usual images of a vast world-ship.

There's the multiple codices and the Craftworld Eldar codex from 3rd edition as far as I know, and there may be some obscure white dwarf articles or something.

Sapphirite
11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Also Imperial Armor 11 Doom of Mymeara

-Tom-
11-13-2013, 08:19 AM
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Alaitoc has to be a prime starting point, as it has info on Alaitoc, lists sources so you can go to find context, and also link to other related things like 'named characters originating from Alaitoc' as an example.

bfmusashi
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Alaitoc was first mentioned in the codices around 3rd edition and was never fully expanded upon until the Paths of the Eldar series, the names of which Paulo mention above. It's not a new craftworld, but it is one that was never given any full definition or deep background look until the books came out.

Alaitoc was first mentioned in Rogue Trader and has appeared in every codex since. They were the studio paint scheme for the epic Eldar through Titan Legions. If you're looking for things like what their iconography means then the codexes can help, but if you want things like population or how craftworlds work then the path books are your meat and potatoes.