PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Chaos Space Marine list (potentially looking towards being competative)

gjtanner
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
HQ
Ahriman (230pts)

Troops

10 x Chaos Cultists (50pts)

10 x Chaos Space Marines (235pts)
2 x Plasma Gun
Aspiring Champion
Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon
Chaos Rhino (35pts)
Combi-bolter, Searchlight, Smoke launchers

9 x Thousand Sons (Troops) (292pts)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs
Chaos Rhino (35pts)
Combi-bolter, Searchlight, Smoke launchers

Fast Attack

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heavy Support

Chaos Predator (145pts)
Daemonic possession, Extra armor, Heavy Bolters, Twin-Linked Lascannon

5 x Havocs (115pts)
4x Autocannon

2 x Obliterators (162pts)
Mark of Tzeentch, Veteran of The Long War

Aegis Defense Line (100pts)
Gun emplacement with quad-gun (Manned by Havoc Champion)

Denzark
11-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Hello

YOu have not posted what you want us to comment on, but I shall attempt to give wide feedback.

I like the list as a fluff list, but don't think it will look competitive without much change.

Firstly the squads are maxed out with kit - suggest stripping them out.

Secondly the vehicles are maxed with extra armour and daemonic - strip them off. In fact, does extra armour not do what daemonic does anyway?

Next, the havocs and emplacement. To make competitive, I would say go extra Heldrake. I hate to say it. Vectro striking Heldrakes are more efficient against enemy flyers than the quad cannon. That D3 S7 auto hits also have the potential of being more effective than 4 ACs ... when combined with the baleflamer shenanigans.

Nice fluff, needs leaning and optimising for that competitive look. Although may be competitive against other fluffy lists....

Anggul
11-13-2013, 04:34 AM
There's no point in a Predator with TL Lascannon and Heavy Bolter sponsons. The Lascannon is for vehicles and Monstrous Creatures, the Heavy Bolters are for Infantry, you're going to be wasting one or the other whenever you fire.

Pretty much every other loadout is usable though. Autocannon/HB for more dakka (although you can do this much better elsewhere), Autocannon/Lascannons for cheaper and higher rate of fire anti-vehicle, full Lascannons for full anti-vehicle and MC.

I would drop all of your Champion upgrades. With Bolters and Plasma Guns they aren't intended for close combat, so you'll save yourself 45pts there. Also drop the Extra Armour on the Predator, it's already Possessed.

Try to get more men for the Havoc squad, otherwise you're losing an Autocannon every time they take a casualty right from the start.

Also more Cultists would be good, 10 are probably just going to leg it at the sight of token pot shots.

SON OF ROMULOUS
11-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I like this list it seems like it would be fun to play against because its not hellturkey 3x and cultists their are actual marines in it so on that I'm excited for you. But like others have said you might want to look at what your getting for all the points your spending? for me my typical heavy support is 2x predators ac/lc the set up is cheap i have 2 av13 tanks which can deal with mech as well as Mc's are difficult to suppress. as for the suppression i don't and would not invest in possession for predators.

I have a havoc squad as well but sadly its 8 man and not 5 its more of an investment but most compotent opponents will quickly remove 5 marines manning a quad gun in a single round. that puts you out 225pt almost right off the bat.

As for all of the extra gear id strip off the gift of mutation it costs to much for to random of an effect. the melta bombs id be dropping as well you come standard with krak grenades so why pay for melta?

now i don't mind the cultist squad at all to be honest it makes a small footprint it can be reserved and left to take an objective in your deployment so for me it has its utility.

gjtanner
11-15-2013, 02:32 AM
OK thanks guys, I'll definitely look at changing my load out of the and to auto cannon and lascannon the stuff I give my champions and look at adding more marines to the havocs