PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Hive Euryale

coldorchestra
11-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Hey all, just to let people know I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a moderate Tyranid force I have been gathering shortly before I left on deployment. Once I get back I will begin uploading pictures of my progress on them. Any useful things I might need for my army and tips on my sculpting and painting jobs will be much appreciated so without further ado heres what I have for Splinter Hive Euryale.

A set of five polystyrene foam capillaries that need to be repainted from hive fleet kraken to hive fleet behemoth source capttraderjack
A Polystyrene foam Hive ( a node with three cappilaries on it mounted on the same board) thats needs to be repainted also from capttraderjack
A foam terrain piece with more rounded alien looking columns and a pit in the middle needs to be painted and digestion pool added
two sets of linked barricades and quad guns with the spawn hive appearance from mr.dandy
Three atmospheric processors made from orange cups and gribbly bits based off Mr. Pinks tutorial needs to be painted
One digestion pool from Zieterdes
One foam bastion based off of the wonderful tutorial on http://40kaddict.blogspot.com/ needs gribbly bits sculpting and paint
5 hive nodes from battle of macragge sets needs to be painted and based considering putting in clear in the pit and having green led underneath
7 infestation markers from the same need painting
9 Capillaries from Forgeworld oop need painting
1 Brood nest from Forgeworld oop need painting
1 spore pod from puppetwar needs assembly and painting
1 spore pod from hydracast needs assembly and painting
1 spore pod from chapterhouse will become part of my revamped hive needs tendrils hooks and scythes added assembly and paint
7 meiotic spore sacs from forge world oop
2 alien pods that were used to hold 6 inch action figures from the movie aliens
3 alien egg clutches in 28mm scale
Lots of 28mm scale starship troopers stuff which I use for parts for walls buildings and talons etc
3 marro hive converted to be spore chimneys the eggs were placed in a plant seed pod for another brood nest
brood nest discussed above made all diy style needs to be painted
5 scything talons for hive and bastion
5 tendrils for bastion and hive
5 hooks for bastion and hive needs attached and painted
17 modular hills of different shapes and sizes
ruins and barricades for different species
river and waterfall set
various rock outcrops

for units here we go all need to be painted most are assembled
Carnifex 2
terivigon 1
tyranofex 1
Trygon 1
gargoyle brood 1
biovore 2
pyrovore 1
hive tyrant 3 (one flying)
5 zoanthropes (3 2ed, 2 5th)
1 venomthrope
1 malanthrope from forgeworld
2 termagant broods
1 homogaunt brood
9 warriors
3 raveners
1 red terror
3 lictors
1 deathleaper
1 one old one eye
1 doom of malanti from hydracast
107 rippers loose ( i love the little guys as the go on terrain bases and objective markers)
6 ripper swarms from forgeworld
3 exocrine from armorcast
1 haruspex from armorcast
1 malefactor from armorcast
15 objective markers made with casualties and rippers doing various silly things
2 broods of genestealers made to look various aliens for fun
1 harpy
2 Hive guard
2 tyrant guard
Future endeavors that i have been assembling parts and supplies for
Dactilus
Dominatrix

hoping to get harridan and hierohant eventually too from forgeworld

Wolfshade
11-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Looking forwards to seeing some of the pictures :)

MajorMcNicol
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Same! :)

Cursed13
11-12-2013, 02:33 AM
Before getting started painting or sculpting, I highly recommend doing some in depth google searches for information and images for sea creatures, crustaceans in particular, reptiles, amphibians and insects to get some ideas as to what you want to do and how you want to do it. Using natural references will greatly aid in your endeavours. Without knowing exactly what you want to do, it's hard to know what questions you will want to ask in order to achieve those goals. When you know what, you can ask how, basically.

coldorchestra
11-12-2013, 02:40 AM
Well I appreciate it, I am almost done the deployment and will roll up my sleeves and get hot and heavy into. I think the Harpy is gonna be my first conversion process. I am thinking about reversing the Hive Fleet Behemoth colors and going with darker blues for skin tone and edging the carapaces with different flared red. I am thinking accent colors will be acid green and different yellows. I am looking extensively in the use of clear resin accents for things like acidic drool on the tongue and maybe some washed down acid green with laminate medium for toxic effects. For Mitotic and possibly larger creatures like carfinex thinking teased cotton lightly sprays painted with layers of light green.

coldorchestra
11-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Maybe we will be lucky enough to face each other in combat as I will be back to Maryland next year.

coldorchestra
11-22-2013, 03:34 AM
I am back stateside expect updates soon!!