PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Gamesday Only 1 Baltimore MD

RedScorpionsGirl
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I recieved an email from games workshop this morning, and wanted to share it:

Games Day 2010 Tickets Now on Sale!
Games Day will take place on August 21st 2010 in Baltimore, Maryland and tickets are now available online for $25US/$28CA. Games Day is a celebration of the Games Workshop hobby; a day to meet up with old friends and shoot the breeze; a chance to bump into a few of the famous faces from the pages of White Dwarf; an opportunity to re-tell tales of past glories and join the fray upon the many fields of battle that await you.

North American Hobby Center Warhammer Tournament
Starting in February, we will be running a Warhammer Tournament in all of our North American Hobby Centers over three months. You will be required to play one game a month on a particular weekend to take part. An amazing prize awaits the three top players in North America! Play the first round February 27th-28th and check the website for the dates of the future rounds.

December Hobby Center Grand Openings
Starting in February, we will be running a Warhammer Tournament in all of our North American Hobby Centers over three months. You will be required to play one game a month on a particular weekend to take part. An amazing prize awaits the three top players in North America! Play the first round February 27th-28th and check the website for the dates of the future rounds.

2010-2011 Tournament Circuit
Over the years Games Workshop has had a multitude of different tournaments; Grand Tournaments, Rogue Traders, ‘Ard Boyz, Iron Man, Doubles, Campaign Narratives, etc. Starting in January 2010, Games Workshop will be embarking on something far more Grand. We will search for the North American Champion of Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer, and War of The Ring on an annual basis. How will we do this you ask? Find the details and first batch of tournaments online!

Independent Retailers
There are currently over more than 1,000 Independent Retailers across the country that carry Games Workshop products and that number is increasing every month. Find out what events are going on and which new stores are now carrying Games Workshop product. You can always use the Store Finder online to locate a store near you.

The Academy Program
Want to learn more about assembling your models, painting, or building an army? Join the Games Workshop Academy Program! Learn Figure Assembly, Priming, and Safety, Painting and Basing, Gaming and Basic Tactics, and How to Build an Army. This also makes the perfect gift for your friend who is new to the hobby or any of your loved ones such as your niece, nephew, father, or wife!

Cryl
11-27-2009, 10:24 AM
$28 for a GD ticket seems pretty good to me given that the UK GD tickets are more than that in £s! I wonder if one GD in the whole of the US is a good idea though, sucks hard if you're in Oregon or California I'd think...

Ghoulio
11-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Also sucks if you live in Canada since there is only one Games Day for all of North America :(

Bigred
11-28-2009, 09:19 AM
moving to Games Day, Tournaments and Events forum

carry on by all means

Cryl
11-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Also sucks if you live in Canada since there is only one Games Day for all of North America :(

Ah but I'd happily trade my games day to live as close to Banff and the Rockies as you do :)