PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Free shipping offer

Lukas The Trickster
11-11-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Free_Shipping_Voucher.html

Basically, for each and any value order placed between now and 20th December, you receive a voucher for free standard UK or international shipping which can be used when placing a subsequent order before the 31st January. The order must be placed by telephone. So if you were looking at making an order around the £200 mark with your subsequent order, you would save £24 in the UK on postage, or more if ordering internationally. Hardly knockout stuff, but you could probably make quite respectable savings if you combine this with a bundle offer such as one of the space marine squads - for example I am looking at buying the MKIV Tactical squad bundle, which would give a combined saving of £45, which is not to be sniffed at. As much as we could hope to expect from FW anyway.

Deadlift
11-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Sounds really good actually, the 15% is usually enough to put me off small orders.

Lukas The Trickster
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Sounds really good actually, the 15% is usually enough to put me off small orders.

I think 15% postage applies to 'rest of the world' orders, which presumeably includes you foreigners down in Devon :p, UK rates are just a bit cheaper, but still a rip off, particularly when you are making orders that are big but don't quite qualify for free postage over £240 - when all you are paying for is Royal Mail 1st class and a brown cardboard box after all. I tend to be spiteful and split my orders up so they have to package up ten or so items individually, sad I know but it gives me pleasure :D Plus it might convince them one day to put a flat rate on shipping, and on the plus side I also have loads of brown boxes to store stuff in;) The other way you can get round FW's extortionate postage rates is to club together with others from your gaming club and make a single order over £240 that qualifies for free shipping, or simply save your pennies and make one big order every so often.

Taeken
11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I might just take advantage of this. Helps with the high cost of FW a little bit at least.

Daniel Ferguson
11-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Nice, gonna drop an order for some Ad Mech now !!

Psychosplodge
11-12-2013, 02:45 AM
I tend to just get FW stuff if I'm passing nottingham and can call in, then if it's not in stock they ship it foc.

Wildeybeast
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Rather impractical for our colonial brethren though.

Psychosplodge
11-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Well if they chose to be born so far away from civilisation* what can I do about it?
*note not suggesting Nottingham is civilised, and neither would you if you'd been...

-Tom-
11-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Well if they chose to be born so far away from civilisation* what can I do about it?
*note not suggesting Nottingham is civilised, and neither would you if you'd been...

I think there's signs that it might once have been civilised… now more like Fallout… ;)

Mr Mystery
11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
I rather like Nottingham.

Going for a hard rocking New Year's Eve this year. The Olde Salutation Inn - It rocks BIG nads!

Psychosplodge
11-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah but you live down south, anywhere more North is good compared to that :p

I'm doing Bunker13 again It's like corporation was when it was still good...