PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Valcal
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Hello battle-brothers. I'm new to this community, but after reading a few of posts around here i am sure that i'll learn a lot from now on.

Some time ago i had Blood Angels for about 2500pts. Currently I have some of chaos forces (around 1500) and now i'm starting with new project of Death Korps of Krieg army (two infantry squads, heavy weapon team, mole launcher and HQ Command Squad already mine!)

Hail the Emperor and strike down his foes!

Psychosplodge
11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Hello, come to the oubliette we have new tangents ;)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif

Wolfshade
11-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Hello and welcome aboard!

After 5 posts you can get enhanced privileges so you can start to do sightly more!

I'm a big fan of Blood Angels. I am also tempted by DKoK, just wish that Forgeworld wasn't so damn expensive, though they are very pretty models.

Valcal
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
That's true, especially in my country it costs a lot of money, but i think it's worth it :) for these guys i can pay more (almost 2x more than for normal squad, sic!) "cause they're so awesome" :)

Wolfshade
11-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes I did a price analysis for just stadard Tactical Squad, compared with average salary (from governmental figures) and worked out that in Poland you had to work for longest to afford the squad. http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29346-Price-Comparisons

Though currency fluctuations and price changes have meant it is slightly out of date now.

Valcal
11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Great work with that analysis!
Two years have passed since release date of that document, but not much changed. New WH40K Edition with new miniatures brought higher prices what made this hobby even more expensive in my country. Still players have to save money to afford their own armies (now even more, codex almost 1,5x more expensive and boxes around 10~20% more expensive), but what shall man not have done for his hobby :)
Averge hobby in Poland costs around 2000zł (with such price we have enough "gear" to enjoy our hobby greatly), when averge guy with job after school/studies earns around 1500~2000zł monthly. Of course such price allows to buy all-new boxes of models for huge army and codex, for example in Poland in averge shop with wargames miniatures New Tactical Squad costs around 100zł, Codex 120zł, Predator 140zł, Land Raider 200zł and Battleforce 320zł.
Well, it's not so bad, but could be better :)