PDA

View Full Version : [Rate] Chaos Daemons - 1,000 pts [Tournament]

Akaiyou
11-10-2013, 07:06 AM
How would you guys rate this list on a scale of 1 to 10.
1 = Non-competitive play, gaks and giggles
10 = Tournament winning, game breaking

Please NO SUGGESTIONS. Feel free to rate, review and give your opinion. But the list won't be changed.

I'm running this on November 23 at my LGS for a 1,000 pts tournament. I don't have more inventory (painted and based) and i want to run a pure Khorne list.

1000 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - Khorne Tournament

HQ:
1 Daemon Prince, 270 pts (Daemonic Flight; DG: Warp-forged Armour; DA: Daemon of Khorne; Greater Rewards x1; Exalted Rewards; Warlord)

Troops:
9 Bloodletters of Khorne, 115 pts
1 Bloodreaper (DR: Lesser Rewards x1)

Heavy Support:
1 Soul Grinder, 165 pts (Mawcannon - Phlegm; DA: Daemon of Khorne)

Total Roster Cost: 995

The missions will be: Purge The Alien, Big Guns Never Tire and The Relic (with a possible slight variation)

I intend to use the book on purge the alien, and the portal in big guns and the relic to spawn some more troops. I thinkt he grinders will hold my anti-air well as well as anti MEQ.

The prince can hunt rip tides if needed or attack their infantry.

White Tiger88
11-11-2013, 01:56 AM
3\10 Rating....sorry man but the Daemon prince is overcosted (Just take a greater demon!) your core is way to small to make it into combat & Your soulgrinders can't win the game alone. I would honestly not except to win a single match. (This is harsh i know but you really need to drop some points from heavy support and just take 1 Nurgle grinder + 10 - 15 man troop squads...and some heralds...)

Akaiyou
11-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Did you read the entire post? Look at the missions being played

teplicuss
11-11-2013, 12:45 PM
5/10

not bad, but you need a few changes.AND YEAH THATS A SUGGESTION…… so out of the kindness of my heart I'm gonna help you out.

drop a soul grinder, yes they are good, lack of range kinda hurts them. i would put in another troop, and since you have many days till then, you can paint em.

my buddy runs hounds and a harold that is such a sick combo with the book. OMG it hurts people. Something to think about in the future.

1000 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - Khorne Tournament

HQ:
1 Daemon Prince, 270 pts (Daemonic Flight; DG: Warp-forged Armour; DA: Daemon of Khorne; Greater Rewards x1; Exalted Rewards; Warlord)

Troops:

Heavy Support:

Total Roster Cost: 995

The missions will be: Purge The Alien, Big Guns Never Tire and The Relic (with a possible slight variation)

I intend to use the book on purge the alien, and the portal in big guns and the relic to spawn some more troops. I thinkt he grinders will hold my anti-air well as well as anti MEQ.

The prince can hunt rip tides if needed or attack their infantry.

chicop76
11-14-2013, 12:56 PM
It gets a 3. It needs to vs meltas and die.

Akaiyou
11-14-2013, 01:13 PM
It gets a 3. It needs to vs meltas and die.

Aside from sisters of battle excuse me, adeptus sororitas, who else would you expect to pack a lot of meltas in a 1,000 pts tournament?

I mean how many landraider/monoliths would someone need to prepare for?

But do tell me who i should watch out for or who i should prioritize in shooting down in due case that this is a common occurence competitively.

Deadlift
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Aside from sisters of battle excuse me, adeptus sororitas, who else would you expect to pack a lot of meltas in a 1,000 pts tournament?

I mean how many landraider/monoliths would someone need to prepare for?

But do tell me who i should watch out for or who i should prioritize in shooting down in due case that this is a common occurence competitively.

Salamanders.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Salamanders.

That needs a Samuel L Jackson style "muthaf*cka" at the end of it.

Garradh
11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
1/10

chicop76
11-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Imperial guard have a lot of meltas, I go with only 6 meltas with my Tau, sisters, salamanders, eldar ( fire dragons or wraithguard), hmm marines, oh almost forgot dark eldar lance which makes dem grinders armor 12, and the list goes on.

I only field one grinder due to all the above.

Akaiyou
11-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Imperial guard have a lot of meltas, I go with only 6 meltas with my Tau, sisters, salamanders, eldar ( fire dragons or wraithguard), hmm marines, oh almost forgot dark eldar lance which makes dem grinders armor 12, and the list goes on.

I only field one grinder due to all the above.

Now that is a proper answer. Thank you very much sir. I'll need to be weary of dark/bright lances.

Though I think for soul grinders that 5+ mitigates a lot of possibility on the one shot weapons that can hurt it (lord knows i've saved myself a ridiculous amount of times because of it with the favor of the chaos dice gods)

units of multiple models with meltas are a big threat though, I think i can mitigate some of it if i play defensively. AV13 is difficult to punch through for most conventional weapons, and deals with the common S6/7 spam pretty good

chicop76
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Now that is a proper answer. Thank you very much sir. I'll need to be weary of dark/bright lances.

Though I think for soul grinders that 5+ mitigates a lot of possibility on the one shot weapons that can hurt it (lord knows i've saved myself a ridiculous amount of times because of it with the favor of the chaos dice gods)

units of multiple models with meltas are a big threat though, I think i can mitigate some of it if i play defensively. AV13 is difficult to punch through for most conventional weapons, and deals with the common S6/7 spam pretty good

It's ok. What pisses me off when a lucky rocket kills it off. My only luck this edition with them is to take mark of nurgle and hide them behind ruins for a 2 plus cover save, or give it a plus 2 invulnerable save. I have them fall victim to space wolf missile spam lots of times.

OverwatchCNC
11-15-2013, 11:58 AM
1/10

White Tiger88
11-15-2013, 05:05 PM
But yes, Bloodthirster...this list needs a Bloodthirster! Also in 1000pts you would be amazed how many heavy weapons can be run in a tourny.....