View Full Version : Shooty Terminator question

bombevil
11-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Hi! How are you guys doing? Space Marine is not my main army, recently, I picked up some terminators for my SM. I m thinking using drop pod with shooty terminator, what is a good set up for them, or just using 5 Thunder hammer and storm shield or using sternguard with combi melta to blow stuff up.

mysterex
11-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Despite the improvement in precision and timing most people don't use a drop pod with their terminators because they can can deep strike anyway (unless they're playing space wolves).

I've tended to stick to storm shield/thunder hammer for the last few years as the extra shooting standard terminators bring doesn't offset the improved save the shield gives. However, if you want shooty terminators I'd take the cyclone launcher due to the range, strength and AP.

Cursed13
11-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Space Marines don't use Drop Pods with their Terminators simply because Space Marine Terminators don't have the option to take Drop Pods.

Wolfshade
11-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Depends what you intend to do with them.
5 TH/SS is a very resillent squad, but they can be slow and thus avoided the entire game.
Shooting ones are useful. Generally, I see either Assault Cannon or Cyclone Missile Launcher, both have their places but I prefer the cyclone as I find it slightly more versatile.

Tynskel
11-10-2013, 05:38 PM
I am a huge fan of template weapons. The Heavy Flamer has never let me down. I have even blown up vehicles with it (rare/desperate move).

I wish you could take drop pods with terminators, especially with the disembarkation rules! Just land as close as you can, then scoot so the heavy flamer would cover as many models as possible.

Anggul
11-11-2013, 06:01 AM
I think it's definitely worth including Teleport Homers when using Terminators. The ability to precision Deep Strike to reinforce and hit hard is very handy, and offsets the lack of fast movement, making them more likely to get into close combat.

All three heavy weapon choices are good I feel, it just depends on what you want them to do as part of your army. Cyclone obviously has the most versatility, but the other two are cheaper. HF if you need more Flamers in your army, but if you already have enough then Assault Cannon just to add more punch at the same range as the Storm Bolters. The HF, as expected, benefits more from the Teleport Homer, as do TH/SS.

bombevil
11-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Are you guys still run chainfist.For me I didn't see the point to run chainfist.

Tynskel
11-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I run 'em. Never know when you need to pop Armor 14. Usually has tasty bits inside!

bombevil
11-12-2013, 09:19 PM
how many?2 in 5 man squad

Tynskel
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Usually just 1. Then again, I usually play BA, so my guys are Str 9 2D6. I like Reclusiarchs, so that's 3 re-rolling to hit attacks...

Combine that with the other Str 9 fists, usually means the end of a Land Raider, and commonly a Ka-Boom!