PDA

View Full Version : Ills' Flawless Host: Growing Pleasure

Sarp3Don
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
5578Hi everybody, this is my first thread here in BolS. Recently i'm working (again) on my Chaos Space Marines Army. I chose the "Flawless Host", because i loved the colours when i played a CSM in THQs Space Marine.
After getting the latest starter-box for 40k, I soon added many miniatures and took part in a painting-competition on a german hobby-page (tabletopwelt.de), where every participant painted over a period of six months in a defined span of time (in 4 blocks for me, 500 points each, because of this it is called P500).

Step for step i want to show the units i painted up last season of the P500 and the new miniatures from the current one :) I hope the pictures can be seen, I'm not that good with posting links...They seem a bit small, forgive my incompetence

Hope you like 'em:

This was my first Testminiature, followed by this one (or was it the other way round?? :D)

And this is a shot of the army as it was in 2012, now there is a lot more :P

primeministersinister
11-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Let's see some more work. What you've got done so far looks the part. Excellent shade of purple and really good photo quality. Keep at it!

Sarp3Don
11-08-2013, 02:10 AM
After dipping my toe into the pool, l can post some more :) Thank you! I'll show some more units and give more infos about colours and background in due time.
Here i have you my conversion of the Dark Vengeance Librarian into a master of the Dark Arts
and then in colour. Sorry if the pictures are not always crystal-clear, my camera has its limits:
Here the champion of my CSM-Squad, he is slightly converted (cut off the face and the helmet he is carrying normally, i put on to his head. but this conversion nearly cost me a finger :D)
I fear you can't quite see the skin around the staff. But i wanted to add lots of unhealthy looking flesh. the deamon-faces in the armour are most of the time living things. to get that effect i startet with bugmans glow (?), then washed it with reikland fleshshade. then bugmans again, and highlighted it with bleached bone. with more highlights i tried to paint muscle-stripes, as you can see in the post above on the hellbrute. At the and i finish with bloodletter glaze at the edges, to let it look like the flesh is sore and infected:

I don't know how to get these pictures bigger and shown, even if you're not logged on, but i work on that in following posts.

primeministersinister
11-11-2013, 09:48 PM
That is some awesome freehand, boss. I would love to see some WIP shots of that kind of thing.

Keith Maki Lee
11-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Very nice! Keep it up!

Sarp3Don
11-12-2013, 05:52 AM
I fear i don't have any WIP-Shots for those Freehands! But for the Minis to come, i'll do shots in between :)
To go further in the presentation here are my standards so far:

The pictures continue to not be that good, but my camera really sucks in close-ups. Hope you like 'em. If you want closer looks on the minis, i have lots of pics with just two or three models, where you should have a better look on the minis

greetz

Sarp3Don
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
I accidently postet one picture twice... as an apology i have some more pictures! Now my two vindicators, This time some WIP-Shots:

Thank you guys so far :) I hope those minis are to your liking and i will show the rest soon (in the meantime all the bases were done as well, but you can see that in a later post soon enough!)

Sarp3Don
11-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Now i want to show you my version of the Warp Talons. I really love this unit and think they work quite well in games. Everybody seems to hate them because they don't have grenades. But i never had any problems with them because of that :) With the Mark of Slaanesh, hatred and lightning claws, there was no unit so far, which could withstand them for long. Just Terminators (Stormterminators especially) can be tricky, but with support even those won't last, because they have to take too many saves :P )

I wanted to paint them like the rest of the Flawless Host, but gave them bright, glowing claws, which works perfect from distance and up close
hope you like 'em