PDA

View Full Version : 2k Drop Pod Space Wolves

Chexmix282
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Well the idea of mass drop pods was recently stuck in my brain, so I drew up this list. I think it would be pretty fun to play!

Please note that I am making use of DFO.

HQ
Rune Priest 130 (Warlord)
-Terminator Armor, Chooser of the Slain, JotWW, Fury of the Wolf Spirits

Rune Priest 105
-Meltabombs, JotWW, Thunderclap

Rune Priest 110
-Meltabombs, Wolf Tail Talisman, JotWW, Storm Caller

Rune Priest 115
-Meltabombs, Wolftooth Necklace, JotWW, Tempest's Wrath

Rune Priest 105
-Meltabombs, Bolter, JotWW, Muderous Hurricane

Rune Priest 115
-Meltabombs, Chooser of the Slain, JotWW, Living Lightning

Rune Priest 115
-Plasma Pistol, Divination

Troops
8 Grey Hunters 170
-Meltagun, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod

8 Grey Hunters 170

8 Grey Hunters 170

8 Grey Hunters 170

8 Grey Hunters 175
-Plasmagun, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod

8 Grey Hunters 175

8 Grey Hunters 175

Total: 2,000

4 pods (likely with Melta) drop on turn 1, with 3 more to follow based on reserve rolls. 63 Space Wolves in Drop Pods isn't the scariest thing, but it's not the easiest thing to deal with either. 6 castings of JotWW per turn can destroy low-initiative armies like Tau, Necrons and Tyranids (Tervigons and the like).

I have two Choosers of the Slain to avoid the opponent dictating my drop zones with infiltrators. They also make the users of Living Lightning BS5. One of the Rune Priests can get Prescience for some anti-air in a pinch. Yes, this army does not like Heldrakes.

I know that I don't have much anti-air (just Prescience + LivingLightning/Plasma). How could I bring in some more anti-air without deploying anything?

40kGamer
11-07-2013, 03:48 PM
It should be a lot of fun to play. Without allying with vanilla marines to access devs with flak missiles, cheap Long fang ML squads podding with a rune priest is the best anti-air I've found for Wolves. You can at least grab the power that let's you reroll those snap shots! :)