PDA

View Full Version : Most boring army ever?

Lord Krungharr
11-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I was admiring my Huron Blackheart and Typhus models, and then wondered if Typhus is in the Black Legion Supplement? I don't have it yet....but if he is, then one could make this army:

Huron
6 x 35 zombies
Land Raider/Dozer/Dirge/Extra Armor/Warpflame Gargoyles

(Allies)
Typhus
2 x 35 zombies

So long as Typhus is in the army, any Cultist unit in the army can be zombies, so it's legal IF Typhus is in the BL supplement. Now, is that even worth playing? Is that at all competitive? Could a game get past Turn 3 with 280 zombies to place and move around?

Another crappy list I'm imagining with is Conscripts, Ratlings, and Grots, for the lowest toughness army ever.

Chexmix282
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Why not simply build this army to 2,000 points and take a second force org? Then you can have twelve units of zombies. Ditch the Land Raider and use the points for more walking sacks of meat!

And to my knowledge the "army" means the detachment, so you could not take an allied detachment with zombies as troops. It's specified somewhere in the BRB, I think. I have been known to be wrong, lol.

Akaiyou
11-07-2013, 04:50 AM
I also believe that typhus only affects his own detachment.

The black legion supplement does not put any limits on characters or units that can be used with it. It is literally the same exact CSM with some very minor tweaks and different artefacts. In fact the only real big difference is the artefacts, chosen as troops and VotLW on everyone that can take it.

I agree with chemix you should just double force org if you are already at 2,000 pts

I would love to challenge this list of yours with my Orks green tide list. Check it out i posted it for review in this section

chicop76
11-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Tau and ig can get boring.