PDA

View Full Version : Talking to Forgeworld about their Chapter Tactics

CaptainWhizz
11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok, so I will just copy and paste this and ask if I was being vague, or if they were being dumb:

Fire Hawks get access to hand flamers in the Ranged Weapons list, but Assault Marine and Vanguard Veteran Sergeants don't seem to have access to the Ranged Weapon list. Is this intentional?

Thanks.

Hi there.
The restriction on Ranged Weapons for Assault Marine and Vanguard Veteran Sergeants is within the Space Marine Codex and so is not something that we can change. However, there are several other units in the Codex than do have access the Ranges Weapons list.
If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

Obviously, the Codex isn't something you could change, but the wording in your pdf file could be, no? So the question is whether you intended for those models not to have access to Hand Flamers, because those models would be amongst the obvious choices to have them in a Fire Hawks army.

So, I will repeat my question in a slightly clearer way- was it intentional that Assault Marine and Vanguard Veteran Sergeants don't have access to Hand Flamers under the Fire Hawks Chapter tactics?

Thanks.

EDIT: I got a further email from Forgeworld.

Thank you for your email. It was intentional that the Vanguard and Assault Marine Veteran sergeants don't get Hand flamers.

So that's pretty explicit. At least it's cleared up for certain. If we believe them is another matter...

Mr Mystery
11-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I once knew a gamer from Chelmsford....Simon Brown.

I believe he currently runs the 'Bah Humbug' sweetshop in The Chelmsford....

Badtucker
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Seems intentional not to give it to the unit that will just drop in and flame the enemy instantly - thus stopping it being a little OP.

DarkLink
11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
That wouldn't be op at all. For one, you can already do that with units in drop pods, better. Plus, options like that would be one step closer to making Assault Marines almost decent.

Houghten
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
And it's not like Blood Angel assault marines and vanguard veterans can't take 'em...

CaptainWhizz
11-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I once knew a gamer from Chelmsford....Simon Brown.

I believe he currently runs the 'Bah Humbug' sweetshop in The Chelmsford....

Yeah, he's a member- or at least an occasional attender- at the same club as me, the Chelmsford Bunker. How do you know him?

My interest in the Fire Hawks rules since I first saw them in Imperial Armour was that I though they could be a good match to my DIY chapter; they used to have traits to allow tactical squads to take bolt pistols and chainswords, as well as two special weapons. As that was taken away form me, the Blood Angels codex did allow me to approximate it, but it didn't 'feel' right to use BA rules (plus I have a couple of thousand points of Crusade/ Heresy Blood Angels). So here was a set of rules that would let me represent the fluff of my chapter on the table. The rules seem less powerful than Blood Angels, so I can't see how letting assault and vanguard sergeants take hand flamers- where BA already can- would be broken.

Mr Mystery
11-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Used to work with Mr Brown at the T Wells GW a few years back!

Say hello to him for me.

CaptainWhizz
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
New info from Forgeworld, added to the first post.

Used to work with Mr Brown at the T Wells GW a few years back!

Say hello to him for me.

Will do if I see him; just "Mr Mystery"?