PDA

View Full Version : [Rate] Black Legion - 2,000 pts

Akaiyou
11-06-2013, 02:17 AM
How would you guys rate this list on a scale of 1 to 10.
1 = Non-competitive play, ****s and giggles
10 = Tournament winning, game breaking

Note: Not interested in list editing/advicing. Just opinions and evalutations (rating) on strengths and weaknesses

2000 Pts - Supplement: Black Legion Roster - Bringers of Despair

HQ:
1 Abaddon the Despoiler, 265 pts
1 Sorcerer in Terminator Armour, 210 pts (MoT; Combi-Force Stave; Mastery Level 3; Gift of Mutation; Spell Familiar; VotLW;Last Memory of Yulanthos)

Elite:
9 Chaos Terminators, 555 pts (The Bringers of Despair; MoT; Power Axe x5; Chainfist x2; Power Fist x2; Combi-Meltagun x3; Reaper Autocannon x2; VotLW)
1 Terminator Champion (Combi-Bolter; Power Maul; VotLW)

Troops:
7 Chosen, 315 pts (Power Axe x2; Power Fist x1; Power Maul x1; VotLW)
1 Chosen Champion (Gift of Mutation; Melta Bombs; Lightning Claw x2; VotLW)
1 Chaos Rhino (Dozer Blade; Combi-Boltgun)

7 Chosen, 315 pts (Power Axe x1; Power Fist x1; Power Maul x2; VotLW)
1 Chosen Champion (Gift of Mutation; Melta Bombs; Lightning Claw x2; VotLW)
1 Chaos Rhino (Dozer Blade; Combi-Boltgun)

Fast Attack:
1 Heldrake, 170 pts (Baleflamer)
1 Heldrake, 170 pts (Baleflamer)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Deadlift
11-06-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm no chaos player, but one thing that jumps out immediately is your lack of troops. 2 units at 2000pts just isn't enough. Rule of thumb really is for every 500pts, 1 troop choice. 4 would be best. Maybe drop your sorcerer, some terminators and even a heldrake (I know they are awesome) to make room for more troops.

As it is I would rate it at 5 or 6. It's fluffy for sure and you do have 2 Heldrakes which are nasty. Abbadon is nice but if you came up against a reasonable Tau or Eldar player you'd be in for a rough ride.

But kudos for the fluffiness of your list.

Akaiyou
11-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Not looking for suggestions but many thanks for the overall review and grade.

Yeah i'm aiming for a theme thats why i'm lacking in troops as the main theme is the bringers of despair fully kitted out with a mandatory baledrake tax to mitigate the lack of other shooting in the list against infantry and the chosen because it's a black legion list involving Abaddon.

Didn't have points for other stuff sadly

Chexmix282
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
5/10. It lacks sufficient scoring models and board presence for me to rate it higher. Those Terminators will be very hard for some armies to deal with and very easy for others. Looks like fun to play, though.

Akaiyou
11-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the review sir.