PDA

View Full Version : [Rate] Orks - 2,000 pts

Akaiyou
11-06-2013, 02:05 AM
How would you guys rate this list on a scale of 1 to 10.
1 = Non-competitive play, ****s and giggles
10 = Tournament winning, game breaking

Note: Not interested in list editing/advicing. Just opinions and evalutations (rating) on strengths and weaknesses

2000 Pts - Codex: Orks Roster - Goff Footslogger

HQ:
1 Warboss, 110 pts (Attack Squig; Cybork Body; Power Klaw; Shoota; Warlord)

1 Warboss, 90 pts (Attack Squig; Cybork Body; Big Choppa; Shoota)

1 Warboss, 85 pts (Attack Squig; Cybork Body)

1 Big Mek, 115 pts (Cybork Body; Kustom Force Field; Burna)

Troops:
29 Boyz, 220 pts (Shootas)
1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Power Klaw)

29 Boyz, 235 pts (Big Shoota x3)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Anggul
11-06-2013, 03:33 AM
It's a cool idea, but I think it could use Lootas/Kannons to deal with vehicles at range. Maybe even a Dakkajet. I'm not sure how much those things would detract from the massive horde effect though.

Akaiyou
11-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Yeah it's a Goff army so i wanted to flood it with boys. However im not looking for suggestions as the thread states im interested in reviews, ratings, comments.

Urza8188
11-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Id give it a 5

Green tide has a lot of strengths and shoota boyz are certainly the way to go. Personally I dont see a point in putting nobs in all the squads, and bosspoles certainly seem like a waste with 30 models in each. The extra warbosses with few upgrades seem like a point dump and you lack anti vehicle.

Overall its a fair idea and fluffy too but can certainly be optimized.

Akaiyou
11-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the review.

jonas the jedi
11-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Can you fit 210 orks in a deployment zone, lol. I fine it a 2 as in that's the turn you'll make it to in tourney, or how long your movement phase will last.

Akaiyou
11-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Never said it was for tournament play

Wolfshade
11-13-2013, 03:03 AM
I like the list, but then I love the green tide, my favourite way to play orks, though it does require a lot of painting.

For that fact I would give it a 10, though the difficulties it may have with facing flyers and heavy armour (outside of combat) drops it down to a 7.

Deadlift
11-13-2013, 09:22 AM
8 easy, as has been said it's weakness is flyers and heavy armour. But those Klaws should make short work of any AV. The KFF on the mek is good as always and should at least protect the boys a little when slogging across the table. Still if you met anything with massed template weapons your going to find it tough. This is one of your better lists.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
1/10, have fun buying, making, and painting all that junk.

chicop76
11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Your mom needs a new hobby.

I got her hobby right here.

I rate the list .000000000006^999999 anyway I faced a list like that and it has won tournament play due to time restrains. However it does poorly if no time is a factor. I found my guard with a ton of flamers, meltas, and plasma are an easy answer to that list. Also Tau tear it to shreds.

However it is a fun list to play against to see the bodies pile up on the side of the field.

Oh that many models can fit in the deployment zone. However template weapons are really nice to use since it's really hard to space out that many models.

Akaiyou
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I got her hobby right here.

I rate the list .000000000006^999999 anyway I faced a list like that and it has won tournament play due to time restrains. However it does poorly if no time is a factor. I found my guard with a ton of flamers, meltas, and plasma are an easy answer to that list. Also Tau tear it to shreds.

However it is a fun list to play against to see the bodies pile up on the side of the field.

Oh that many models can fit in the deployment zone. However template weapons are really nice to use since it's really hard to space out that many models.

Yeah i'm specially weary of guard when i run my Orks, all those barrage pie plates are dangerous

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
The new Marine codex, with three Thunderfire Cannons, would have fun against this. They probaby would never miss a shot, or hit less than 8 boys per shot.

chicop76
11-14-2013, 11:03 PM
The new Marine codex, with three Thunderfire Cannons, would have fun against this. They probaby would never miss a shot, or hit less than 8 boys per shot.

Who runs that. Who would spam that.

DarkLink
11-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Who wouldn't run at least one TFC?

chicop76
11-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Who wouldn't run at least one TFC?

I wouldn't. For some odd reason I rather whirlwinds. Also I would use other heavy options which would null the cannon anyway.

I just wonder who would run three TFC. I can see running with one maybe two.

Akaiyou
11-15-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree 1 TFC makes sense for any marine list or any player owning one. But more than that is likely list tailoring.

Maelstorm
11-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Please stop with this useless [Rate] crap...

DarkLink
11-15-2013, 10:33 AM
It's not what you said, it's how you said it. If you'd said, "hey, here's my list, I don't have the models to change anything but what do you think of it", then you probably wouldn't have been trolled. But since you said, "rate this but don't give me any suggestions at all", and then when people thought that was a little odd, you basically said "hey, screw you", people didn't respond well to that.

Akaiyou
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
It's not what you said, it's how you said it. If you'd said, "hey, here's my list, I don't have the models to change anything but what do you think of it", then you probably wouldn't have been trolled. But since you said, "rate this but don't give me any suggestions at all", and then when people thought that was a little odd, you basically said "hey, screw you", people didn't respond well to that.

See I can agree with this actually except you are sugar-coating it a bit. People didn't just post 'hey this is a little odd'

They
A) Blatantly disregarded it
B) Complained about it typically with a 'if u don't want suggestions, dont post here' response.
C) Trolled

So yes I admit, my response to such became 'screw you'. Guilty as charged.

And when people followed the directions properly i said 'thank you very much'

The point again is that neither I nor anyone else should have to give a long detailed explanation as to why they want advice/commments/review of their army list that doesn't include changing the list into something undesirable. Anyone responding has the responsibility so simply respect that, if you don't agree to it then just don't reply and move on.

Do you not agree that this is the most logical, common sense, and mature way of doing things?

With that said, i think the bigger issue is what they consider 'list spamming' which to me isn't spamming at all since I actually do play those lists and sough out reviews on them. Perhaps I just play more often, or I cycle through my armies more than they do. Yet I can 'understand' how it can be seen as spamming.

But instead of perhaps PMing me and saying 'hey do, could you please slow down a bit'

They took the gutter approach.

Sure you can try to argue that I hold all the blame if you like. But if you visit each thread and look at the initial responses I received i'm sure that you will note that in each case I reacted poorly to the 3 mentioned scenarios:

They
A) Blatantly disregarded it
B) Complained about it typically with a 'if u don't want suggestions, dont post here' response.
C) Trolled

Read this thread carefully, the first page of it and see for yourself I didn't dog anyone out. I respectfully let them know i wasn't looking for suggestions...and then the Trolls arrived.

Denzark
11-15-2013, 11:22 AM
See Darklink basically tries to help out. And then you smash it back into his face. And this is why you are getting the response you are getting.

OverwatchCNC
11-15-2013, 11:59 AM
1/10

DarkLink
11-15-2013, 12:08 PM
And, yes, you have responded insultingly. I'm not sure if it was in this thread, but in one of your threads one of the posters replied with a few exceptions suggestions and your first immediate response was literally "suggestions ignored". If you don't see why that is rude, I can't really help you.

You are taking this whole arbitrary responsibility thing a lot more seriously than you should be. While you may be requesting ratings over suggestions specifically, that's a very different thing than you having a authority to completely ban any comments that don't 100 percent conform to your demands, and your demands alone. the fact that you are making demands is precisely the problem. It would be polite and reasonable to make requests, not demands, particularly when the initial responders are just trying to be helpful.

If your initial response have been along the lines of, "hey thanks but that's not quite what I'm looking for", then you probably would have gotten a "sorry, my bad, here you go", rather than a "whoa dude, you trolling?"

The other posters here are not your personal suggestion boxes. They are people with opinions, feelings, and relevant experiences. And when you push them away for no real reason, they're going to push back. If you just change your tone a little bit, you would get exactly what you wanted.