PDA

View Full Version : Farsight Enclave Crisis Suit's Toughness

Turner
11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I ran into a Tau player who wanted to Farsight Enclave supplement. He printed out the necessary material (special neat-o rules, and such) and mentioned that Crisis Suits are troops if he takes something. (I forget what, but he showed me at the time.)

What I found a little difficult to follow was that Crisis Suits went from Toughness 4 to Toughness 5... Being an IG player looking down the barrel of all of those Crisis Suits with lots of Meltaguns, Plasma Guns and Lascannons, but no STR 10 weaponry I asked if he could show me because that would be pretty incredible. Since neither of use had the supplement we simply assumed that he was correct.

Are there any fellow Tau players out there that can confirm or deny this, that have the supplement?

Patrick Boyle
11-05-2013, 02:22 PM
I ran into a Tau player who wanted to Farsight Enclave supplement. He printed out the necessary material (special neat-o rules, and such) and mentioned that Crisis Suits are troops if he takes something. (I forget what, but he showed me at the time.)

What I found a little difficult to follow was that Crisis Suits went from Toughness 4 to Toughness 5... Being an IG player looking down the barrel of all of those Crisis Suits with lots of Meltaguns, Plasma Guns and Lascannons, but no STR 10 weaponry I asked if he could show me because that would be pretty incredible. Since neither of use had the supplement we simply assumed that he was correct.

Are there any fellow Tau players out there that can confirm or deny this, that have the supplement?

You got had. They're still the exact same statline. They are always troops in a Codex: Farsight Enclaves detachment, but you must take at least one unit of 3. And in case he slipped this one by too, all units in a Farsight Enclaves list that can, must take Bonding Knife Ritual.

40kGamer
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Only 1 Tau Crisis suit can be toughness 5 and that is one that can have Iridium Armour. I think if you run farsight you can't even access Iridium Armour except through Tau allies or the 1 Special Character. All others are T4. That's one of the big weaknesses of the multi-wound suit! :)