PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Personality Types - TAKE THE TEST!!!

Bigred
11-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I love these things...

It's time to study our geek personality types through the Myers, Briggs test system. The idea is that you're:

Either an introvert (I) or an extrovert (E)
Either abstract-minded (N) or realistic (S)
Either thinking (T) or feeling (F)
Either Judging (J) or perceiving (P)

And so you get a four letter code. Supposedly this is the most used personality test in the world but some people also say that it can't say everything about you. So for example take an ISTJ. This means that personality type is introverted, realistic, thinking, and judging.

These thigns are great as you can get a better idea of how your friends relate, and compare us all to the standard ratios of the population at large. I have a funny feeling we will turn out to be quite a unique group that falls far from the population norms as a whole.

So, lets begin:

Take the Myers, Briggs test here (http://www.celebritytypes.com/test.php)

Then, post your results in the thread as follows:

XXXX (your personality type)
Along with your result, please list the WarGames that you play regularly. So for example:

INFJ
40K, WFB, FoW

Lets hit it!

Bigred
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
INTJ (http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php)
40k, Warmachine, WFB, Catan, Civilisation

Does this make you feel better, or worse about BoLS now? :)
*queue mad scientist laughter*...

ACE01
11-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Not done this particular web test as have done previously, but for what it's worth I'm ENTP.

Warhammer, 40k, blood bowl, (and just starting WFRP).

DarkLink
11-02-2013, 06:58 PM
ISTP, weakly T. Like Erwin Rommel, apparently.

gwensdad
11-02-2013, 10:24 PM
ISFJ

40K, getting back into WHFB, play Risk online (warlight.net). Not much time right now for much else. Used to be Battletech heavy.

ElectricPaladin
11-02-2013, 10:37 PM
ENFJ

That's Extroverted, (N)abstract, Feeling, and Judging. But I'm weak on the Feeling. Apparently I also like to Think as well. This puts me in the company of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev, Vaclav Havel, Joe Biden, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Michael Moore... as well as Yasser Arafat and Joseph Goebbels.

Wow... mixed company, to say the least.

Anyway, in game terms, I play... pretty much everything. I bet it has to do with how strongly Extroverted I am. At the moment, I play Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Battlefleet Gothic, Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, Firestorm Armada, and Malifaux. And honestly, if you make a good pitch and promise to be available to play with me on a regular basis - and I like the models - I'll add your favorite game to the list after my next paycheck.

Gotthammer
11-02-2013, 11:48 PM
INFP, though it can vary to a great degree with how I'm feeling.

Theoretically play 40k, fantasy, blood bowl and space hulk, but in reality it's just RPGs.

ElectricPaladin
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Theoretically play 40k, fantasy, blood bowl and space hulk, but in reality it's just RPGs.

Wow... you are like opposite me from the other side of the planet. If you asked me what my favorite nerdy passtime is, I would say "in theory, I love RPGs; but in reality I mostly play wargames."

Gotthammer
11-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Sometimes I have gotten ISTP back to really be your bizzaro clone.

It's the creativity I love about RPGs- I mean I've written a 20,000 word backstory for the next game I'm in...

Deadlift
11-03-2013, 02:12 AM
ESTJs, I only play 40k

No-nonsense, efficient organizers with a flair for practical logistics
Strongly linked to the Sadistic personality
Somewhat linked to the Compulsive personality
More common in men than in women
Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes have difficulty putting themselves into another person's shoes

Not sure really, all I know is I'm fairly laid back with my games, but get proper pissed at the rules lawyer types.

eldargal
11-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Gave up on question ten after at least half of the options didn't really suit me.

Gotthammer
11-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Spoilsport :p

Though I think I'd be ok to hazard a guess at yours starting with 'E'.

eldargal
11-03-2013, 03:11 AM
ESTP probly. :)

Wolfshade
11-03-2013, 05:01 PM
ISTJ
Like Wellington, Frederick the Great, Doenitz and Ratzinger

though some questions were a neither so ho hum.

Denzark
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm an ESTJ like Deady - and apparently Monty which is good, Pinochet which is amusing, and Saddam which is worrying. And also some hot wenches such as Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu.

Genius.

scadugenga
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
INFP.

40k, WM/H, Infinity, DW, FA, Bloodbowl, Mordheim, Btech

daboarder
11-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Gave up on question ten after at least half of the options didn't really suit me.

I agree with this, most questions should have been both or nether, ah well.

But going through it answering on the fly (ish) I got ESTP. weakly expressed for everything

as to games, 40k, mordhiem, necromunda and only cash and a group is stopping my playing x-wing, flames of war and black crusade.

oh man, Alexander the great, Winston Churchill, Patton, Macathur, Georing, Capone......wow

Gotthammer
11-04-2013, 03:21 AM
This one's an (http://personality-testing.info/tests/JUNG.php) agree-neutral-disagree type scale.

energongoodie
11-04-2013, 04:31 AM
ENTP allegedly.
40k, Blood Bowl, Infinity (soon)

I'm in there with Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli, Steve Wozniak, Barack Obama, Robert Downey Jr., John Cleese and Stephen Fry.

jgebi
11-04-2013, 05:41 AM
ISTP weakly S

I'd agree with this good quotes there to

Rissan4ever
11-04-2013, 11:40 AM
INFJ (http://www.celebritytypes.com/infj.php)

Apparently I have personality traits in common with Noam Chomsky, Gandhi... and Hitler. Interesting. But also George Harrison, Ed Norton, and Tilda Swinton, which is pretty cool.

My favorite is wargame is 40K. I tried Warhammer Fantasy, but it doesn't have enough lasers.

Tabletop RPG-wise, I started with Vampire: The Masquerade, but I eventually got tired of playing the bad guy all the time. Now, I like superhero games, and D&D.

Chaoschrist
11-21-2013, 08:51 AM
INTJ

Your preference for I is weakly expressed.
Your preference for J is weakly expressed.

Yet, the T is always strongly present... the I sometimes exchanges for an E.

I play 40k, Dystopian wars and Warmachine (well, technically, I play them, just not a lot)