PDA

View Full Version : last fun 1650 tyranid list

Alex
11-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi all. Just looking for some thoughts on (probably) my last nid list before the new book.

Its designed to be fun at my local club just really using some of my favourite units.
All advise is welcome.

HQ
Swarmlord, x3 tyrant guard - 460

Hive tyrant, wings, x2 devourers - 260

ELITE
Ymgarl genestealers x5 - 115

Ymgarl genestealers x5 - 115

TROOPS
Termagants x10 - 50

Termagants x10 - 50

Tervigon, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, catalyst - 195

Tervigon, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, catalyst - 195

Hormagaunts, toxin sacs x26 - 208

=1648.

Tynskel
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I have always like squeezing for the Lash Whips on Tyrant Guard.

Alex
11-02-2013, 05:59 AM
I have always like squeezing for the Lash Whips on Tyrant Guard.

Could drop 2 hormagaunts for them. Do the guard normally last with you?

Akaiyou
11-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I think 1 guard with lash whip and the swarmlord would serve you better than 3 guards.

Then you could aim to get iron arm and the entire unit gets the toughness benefit. If you do get iron arm in your first 3 rolls, you should aim whatever rolls you got remaining to try to get invisibility.

Either way 1 guard is enough for the swarmlord. That'll free up a lot of poitns for you to play with

Tynskel
11-02-2013, 10:08 AM
That could work, or not.
Really depends on whatchya are doing. Lashwhips are just a icing on the cake.

My tyrant guard usually get knocked down about 2, but by then, the Tyrant is slice-y-dicey its way through things. I normally don't use the Swarmlord, but that's just me. I go Gun Crazy on my lord: shredder beatles, twin-devourers, bonesword n' lash whip. usually use a psychic power for the 3rd gun.

Alex
11-04-2013, 03:48 AM
I think 1 guard with lash whip and the swarmlord would serve you better than 3 guards.

Then you could aim to get iron arm and the entire unit gets the toughness benefit. If you do get iron arm in your first 3 rolls, you should aim whatever rolls you got remaining to try to get invisibility.

Either way 1 guard is enough for the swarmlord. That'll free up a lot of poitns for you to play with

I don't have a mountain of experience with Nids but whenever I have used the swarmlord he seems to be one of thoses 'oh s**t' units that people are afraid of. In turn he receives A LOT of firepower. Not sure if he would last without max guard. Plus if they are killing of his guard, it gives most things a free run :) I don't think a guard has even seen combat which is why i'm not sure on the lashwhips.

It would free up enough point for a unit of bones hormagaunts though. Mabey just try both and see. Thanks.

Owen Wastell
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I agree about the guard never lasting to CC.