PDA

View Full Version : My Chaos Daemons army 1497/1500pts

Xaric
11-01-2013, 10:23 AM
This is quite the themed army some negitive people said it would not work it does if you plan on the fly yay for chaos

Tzeentch Force (364 Points) total squad size 17 with 1 Heavy Support

Herald of Tzeentch (Loca Conjuration)
Mastary lv 2

16 Pink Horrors with both Icon & Instrument
Iridescent Horror

Burning Chariot

Khorne Force (430 Points) total squad size 15 with 1 Heavy Support 1 Fortification Aegis defense line

Herald of Khorne (Loca None as he will be on the Quad-gun)
Aegis Defense Line + Quad-gun

14 Bloodletters with both Icon & Instrument
Bloodreaper with a Lesser Reward

Skull Cannon of Khorne

Nurgle Force (438 Points) Total Squad size 13 with Main HQ

Herald of Nurgle (Loca Fecundity)
Mastary lv 1

12 Plaguebearer with both Icon & Instrument
Plagueridden

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Warp-Forged Armour
Exalted Reward

Slaanesh Force (265 Points) Total Squad size 11 with 1 Fast Attack

Herald of Slaanesh (Loca Swiftness)
Mastary lv 1

10 deamonettes with both Icon & Instrument
Alluress

Hellflayer

As you can see its very fluff heavy keeping to the numbers of the chaos gods and each force having some form of heavy backup

Instruments and Icon gives you way more control with deepstriking even if it is not the same force remove a D6 from the scatter.
Instruments also make the storm easy to manage as you can remove a D6 from a friendly unit.
Exalted Reward if it is not the one you need swap for the portal Glyph to spawn in more models. (take the 20 models of each unit that came in your kits for this reason)
Due to no range spells or weapons for khorne herald stick him on the quad gun with a BS of 7 most flying units die before they even moves that or before they can deep strike :).
Mastery for Tzeentch Nurgle and Slaanesh herald access to 6 spell types to plan on the fly depending on what army you are up against.
Before people yell at me about Iridescent Horror rolling a 6 with flickering fire you can choose who they hit.
ALWAYS DEEPSTRIKE SLAANESH +3 on run when you come out of deepstrike to get to cover also deepstrike the hellflayer after with the icon you get no scatter.

Please as always keep flaming to a low thank you.

DWest
11-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks reasonable from what I can see, with the following caveats:
-Drop the Burning Chariot. As it stands, if you move the Chariot even 1", the Flamer can't shoot the template weapon, and must snapfire the lascannon-type weapon (both weapons are Heavy, and while the Chariot is Fast, passengers are listed as firing as if moving regardless of vehicle type)
-Look at adding some Rewards to some of the characters, especially the Alluress and Slannesh Herald; being able to swap out rewards for the weapon options is very handy, and the girls can really benefit from the +1 Str Greater Reward weapon. And/or put on the Lesser Rewards to try and get #6, for +1 to Reserve rolls if you're banking on being able to deepstrike a blob in and call down other units around it.

Xaric
11-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Looks reasonable from what I can see, with the following caveats:
-Drop the Burning Chariot. As it stands, if you move the Chariot even 1", the Flamer can't shoot the template weapon, and must snapfire the lascannon-type weapon (both weapons are Heavy, and while the Chariot is Fast, passengers are listed as firing as if moving regardless of vehicle type).

understandable but its a chariot so moving gives it the jinx rule and all rerolls of saves of one but it has been pritty good to use ageinst big amount of units make sure you dont glue the unit ontop as rotating it will give you about 2" more range i think as the torrent and blue flames come from his arms not just his mouth and also never forget you have access to sweeping attack its a chariot there designed for cutting up enamy's for exsample "deepstrike it from your horrors position as they have the icon then use flatout over the enamy you will also have the Jinx rule and all rerolls of saves of one" reminds me of back to the future with the hole flame trail :D

Look at adding some Rewards to some of the characters, especially the Alluress and Slannesh Herald; being able to swap out rewards for the weapon options is very handy, and the girls can really benefit from the +1 Str Greater Reward weapon. And/or put on the Lesser Rewards to try and get #6, for +1 to Reserve rolls if you're banking on being able to deepstrike a blob in and call down other units around it.

i was thinking that giving the slaanesh alluress a greater weapon gives you another range weapon and with the musical Instrument you can pull in the next in line without rolling if you choose too :D but non the less good idea

DWest
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
With the rules the way they are though, you can *either* fire the Torrent flamer *or* move for the Jink save (which is due to it being a skimmer, nothing to do with it being a Chariot). However, as a Skimmer Chariot, it can make Sweep Attacks, and for 10 points, you can get the Exalted Flamer a Lesser Reward, swap to the "magic weapon" option, and as a Daemon of Tzeentch you can get the Staff of Change, bumping him up to Str 6.

Xaric
11-01-2013, 05:38 PM
With the rules the way they are though, you can *either* fire the Torrent flamer *or* move for the Jink save (which is due to it being a skimmer, nothing to do with it being a Chariot). However, as a Skimmer Chariot, it can make Sweep Attacks, and for 10 points, you can get the Exalted Flamer a Lesser Reward, swap to the "magic weapon" option, and as a Daemon of Tzeentch you can get the Staff of Change, bumping him up to Str 6.

So you can get a lesser magic weapon kill there Character if you roll 6 because of sweeping you can choose who it hit's on a 6 and make him explode wiping out a D6" range of his unit wile you will be outside the range of it because it is based from the death location of the character effectively making the chariot more deadly thanks to warpdoom or with mutating warpblade turn him into a chaos spawn wow that is a freaky way to raise the output of the chariot and yes i mean skimmer thank you for pointing that out.

To me Lesser reward has a weapon that makes there character who dies go boom or you can make you go to strength 8 1 of 2 new weapons or a better deny the witch or a meens to help with deepstriking

To me Greater reward has more use a 0 so your weapon may turn Character into a chaos spawn, rolls for more wound and it will not die also or the role for feel no pain +4 or rerolls on invulnerable saves that or another weapon or the abilty to have armourbane and fleshbane or 3+ armour saves :D greater reward feels nice

So say i take the staff on turn 2 i come out of deepstrike full speed over a unit dealing sweeping attacks wile going to a cover getting a jinx rule and cover save then if somehow i live for the next turn burn them with the torrent they get Warpflame and if they somehow they fail it then they will take more wounds but with risk of them passing the toughness test they will get FNP then on the 3ed phase hammer of wrath them giving them another warpflame due to it comes into effect after each phase and the Burning chariot has a rule that does it due to hammer of wrath also to note Soulblaze is end of turn warpflame is end of phase and also you only get Warpflame Rule if the weapon/spell dealed a unsaved wound not for just scoring a hit some people forget this.

The rewards i worded it so i dont get sued by GW or removed from the forum.

chicop76
11-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Was goona say put a reward on the flaming chariot, but it is already mentioned. Anyway I like the list since it's very original.

Akaiyou
11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Dude, BS 7 is a bit wasted on the quad gun, can you swap it for an icarus lascannon?

You can't re-roll a twin-linked weapon like the quadgun, So a BS 5 unit shooting the quad gun is identical as a BS 7 unit shooting it.

But for the Icarus-Lascannon you would hit on 2s, and if you miss you get to try again hitting on 5s. Considering the insane range and power of the icarus lascannon you have a good chance at 1 shooting flyers easily getting penetrating hits and a 33% chance to make them blow up when rolling on the damage chart.

Getting guaranteed hits on the quad gun usually amounts to maybe 2 glances on an AV12 flyer, you'll be hard pressed to kill any AV12 vehicle with it.

Mmmm after working out your list in army builder it seems your original list was over on points these are the things that NEEDED changing in order to arrive at the proper point cost

You don't have a QUAD-GUN, you paid 85 pts for your defense line that's the Icarus-Lascannon.

Your Bloodreaper does NOT have a lesser reward

Here is your list as it should be according to the info you provided

2000 Pts - Codex: Chaos Daemons Roster

HQ:
1 Daemon Prince, 210 pts (Warp-forged Armour; Daemon of Nurgle; Exalted Rewards)

1 Herald of Khorne, 55 pts

1 Herald of Nurgle, 95 pts (Greater Locus of Fecundity; Mastery1)

1 Herald of Slaanesh, 90 pts (Greater Locus of Swiftness; Mastery1)

1 Herald of Tzeentch, 95 pts (Exalted Locus of Conjuration; Mastery2)

Troops:
9 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, 115 pts (Instrument of Chaos; Chaos Icon)
1 Alluress

11 Plaguebearers of Nurgle, 133 pts (Instrument of Chaos; Chaos Icon)
1 Plagueridden

13 Bloodletters of Khorne, 165 pts (Instrument of Chaos; Chaos Icon)
1 Bloodreaper

15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, 169 pts (Instrument of Chaos; Chaos Icon)
1 Iridescent Horror

Fast Attack:
1 Hellflayer of Slaanesh, 60 pts
1 Exalted Alluress

Heavy Support:
1 Skull Cannon of Khorne, 125 pts

1 Burning Chariot of Tzeentch, 100 pts
1 Exalted Alluress

Fortifications:
1 Aegis Defence Lines, 85 pts
1 Gun Emplacement (Icarus Lascannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1497

Xaric
11-18-2013, 03:47 AM
wow thanks dude i love the improvement will start using that.