PDA

View Full Version : New from FW: Ferrus Mannus

Wolfshade
11-01-2013, 09:45 AM
This just in:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Ferrus1.jpg

The Primarch of the Iron Hands Legion was a figure of legend amongst the peoples of his home world of Medusa, named by them ‘the Gorgon’ after the most ancient of mythic creatures. Ferrus was amongst the strongest of the Primarchs, reflected in this giant figure, dwarfing many of his brother Primarchs.

Ferrus Manus was blessed of a physiology remarkable even amongst the Primarchs. His arms were sheathed in liquid metal, the result, so the legends of Medusa claim, of a battle fought against the mightiest of beasts before he was re-united with the Emperor. His armour is as heavy and impenetrable as that of a super-heavy tank, yet he keeps both arms uncovered so that he might bring their full might to bear. The base of Ferrus Manus can also be combined with Fulgrim’s to create a diorama of the two Primarchs duelling, as shown is some of the photographs of the model.

Ferrus Manus, designed by Simon Egan, is an amazingly detailed multi-part resin model armed with Forgebreaker and equipped with the Medusan Carapace. This latest edition to our Horus Heresy Character Series stands atop a scenic base depicting the carnage on Isstvan V. Available to pre-order now this model will be despatched from Friday 8th November. You can find out how Simon Egan approached this iconic project here.

Wolfshade
11-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Iron Hands Legion Mk III Squad
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/ihsquadp5.jpg

Renowned for their pride, cold-hearted brutality and remorselessness in battle, the Iron Hands were among the most powerful and famed Space Marine Legions of the Great Crusade. They were the hammer that had shattered countless foes in the Emperor’s quest to liberate Mankind from the darkness of Old Night.

Since the dark times of the Horus Heresy, in honour of their Primarch Ferrus Manus, the Iron Hands ritually replace their right hands with a mechanical augmentation; to them flesh has become symbolic of weakness and weakness is something that they will not tolerate.

Designed by Israel Gonzalez, the Iron Hands Legion Squad is a five man multi-part kit fitted out in Mk III Iron Armour that features many details such as cybernetic limbs, a nuncio-vox and an auspex. This kit is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday 8th November.

energongoodie
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I posted this an Hour ago but nobody seemed to be bothered :(

I'm super bothered!

Wolfshade
11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Ninja'd by energongoodie :http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36526-Iron-Hands-up-for-ordering!!!

:(

GravesDisease
11-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Is the description incorrect? I thought he was named "The Gorgon" by Fulgrim as a jest for not appreciating a particular piece of art.

Houghten
11-01-2013, 12:03 PM
So it said in Fulgrim... but also in that book, during the duel Ferrus is armed with Fireblade and Fulgrim with the Laer sword, so we know FW aren't following BL to the letter.

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I can't help but think his head looks kinda like Christopher Eccleston...

DWest
11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
... but also in that book, during the duel Ferrus is armed with Fireblade and Fulgrim with the Laer sword, so we know FW aren't following BL to the letter.
I would assume, since Forgebreaker is Ferrus' iconic weapon, that connection took precedence over strict adherence to the scene. Depending on how the weapon is attached, would be cool if they'd offer a Fireblade "upgrade pack" . . . double bonus if it had the right hands/connectors for Fulgrim and Ferrus both.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
11-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I would assume, since Forgebreaker is Ferrus' iconic weapon, that connection took precedence over strict adherence to the scene. Depending on how the weapon is attached, would be cool if they'd offer a Fireblade "upgrade pack" . . . double bonus if it had the right hands/connectors for Fulgrim and Ferrus both.Oddly enough, the first Heresy Forgeworld book refers to Fireblade as a master-crafted Volkite Charger, instead of a blade.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that the FW books emphasize "There are many legends, some, all or none of them are true." Personally, I kinda like that approach, although it becomes awkward when sources disagree on a model's wargear.

??????? ??????
11-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Oddly enough, the first Heresy Forgeworld book refers to Fireblade as a master-crafted Volkite Charger, instead of a blade.

Not Fireblade but Firebrand
Forgebreaker is not in use if you strictly follow the campaign's background therefore Manus' cost is reduced a bit. Sadly FW doesn't specify what kind of weapon he uses then. I assume he fights with bare hands. L.O.L.

phreakachu
11-04-2013, 12:27 AM
I can't help but think his head looks kinda like Christopher Eccleston...
I disagree completely... Ferrus looks like Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson.

'CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE GORGON IS COOKIN?'

Deadlift
11-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Best looking of the HH primarchs so far. Looks awesome.