PDA

View Full Version : Help Picking a new Case for my demons.

White Tiger88
10-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Well i am looking to get a new case for my Daemon/Csm army. I am looking at this case but what do you guys think?

http://us.battlefoam.com/products/%28720%29-P.A.C.K.-720-Custom-Load-Out-.html

I need to figure out what trays to get now...and how many i have the following models i need to fit in! So far i am rather confused as they have no choices for demon models..........

Main Army
----------
-1 FW Demon Prince of Khorne with wings
-2 Heralds of slaanesh
-1 Herald of Khorne
-20 Bloodletters
-40 Demonettes
-2 Soulgrinders (spidergrinders!...they are the goblin spider body + soulgrinder top!)

Allies
-----
-1 Warpsmith
-1 Rhino
-1 Heldrake
-5 Chaos Marines
-5 Havoks w/autocannons

Other models i would like to fit in since at some point i will need them all =/

-1 Bloodthirster
-1 Herald of slaanesh
-1 Herald of Nurgle
-20 Plaguebringers
-20 Demonettes
-3 winged Slaanesh Demon Princes
-3 Winged Nurgle Demon Princes
-3 Winged Khorne Demon Princes
-5 Fleshhounds
-1 Karnak
-1 Slaanesh Soulgrinder

rich_clean_jammies
10-31-2013, 09:12 PM
You want to spend $200 on a case? Good luck with that!
I have had nothing but horrible customer service from Battlefoam. I paid for 2 bags and have waited 1.5 years to receive them and still nothing! Have you looked into KR multi-case, or the option of getting some foam and cutting it with a sharp knife your self? Also GW makes some really wonderful cases as well.

Don't get Battlefoam, don't be 'That guy'.

White Tiger88
10-31-2013, 09:24 PM
I have had nothing but horrible customer service from Battlefoam. I paid for 2 bags and have waited 1.5 years to receive them and still nothing! Have you looked into KR multi-case, or the option of getting some foam and cutting it with a sharp knife your self? Also GW makes some really wonderful cases as well.

GW cases suck i have 3 large cases.......they are horrible quality of foam that doesn't protect my demons at all. KR looks like it would be very expensive to ship to Canada as well........Plus there site is a bit confuseing to figure out what case holds what.

Hapes
10-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Don't know what that guy above is smoking but it must be good stuff. Might be Bath Salts I would guess.
I ordered a Pack Air from them. Got it in less then 10 days. Spoke with them on the phone about my custom loadout and they were extremely helpful. Even went as far as to make sure my loadouts were as filled full of spaces as he could.
Some of the best customer service I have ever had from a company honestly. After you make your online order I would just call them up as well. Or better yet do it WHILE ordering and building your loadouts.

Yeah 200 dollars on a case so my untold hours of painting and converting and thousands in models have next to no chance to ever be damaged? Yeah think I would gladly spend that.

Hapes
10-31-2013, 09:43 PM

Ummmm I call BS on this.
I ordered a Pack Air and got it in less then 10 days. I called them and they even helped me make sure my loadouts were perfect. Even went as far as to make sure I had every inch used I could.
Some of the best customer experience I have ever had with a company honestly. I'd suggest calling them while ordering and talking with them thru it.

Yes I would gladly spend 200 dollars on a case to protect my endless hours of painting converting and the thousands of dollars I have into my minis. Guarantee they have almost no chance of being damaged and provide a nicely built and laid out bag? Yes please.

SaveModifier
11-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Use the new app on their site, you select your units and it tells you the foam you need, splits them into the cases you want, or just email them with your collection and they'll tell you what to get, KR are an amazing company, really go all out to support the community and the community should support them right back!

I love my KR cases, I have a Backpack 2, so I can carry all the orks I need, or a little half size case that has my necromunda gang and infinity guys!

Plus, they're not run by slimey horrible ******* Romeo of Battlefoam. Who has been poisonous and litigious in a way that would make even GW blush.

The prices on the site include shipping, so i think a basic card case is $39.99 canadian, you could get 4 cases, that can hold up to a total of 560 basic troops for less than the battle foam bags

White Tiger88
11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Use the new app on their site, you select your units and it tells you the foam you need, splits them into the cases you want, or just email them with your collection and they'll tell you what to get, KR are an amazing company, really go all out to support the community and the community should support them right back!

I love my KR cases, I have a Backpack 2, so I can carry all the orks I need, or a little half size case that has my necromunda gang and infinity guys!

Plus, they're not run by slimey horrible ******* Romeo of Battlefoam. Who has been poisonous and litigious in a way that would make even GW blush.

The prices on the site include shipping, so i think a basic card case is $39.99 canadian, you could get 4 cases, that can hold up to a total of 560 basic troops for less than the battle foam bags

I sent them an email for a quote as well, lets see who answers first battlefoam or Kr....

SON OF ROMULOUS
11-01-2013, 06:06 PM
That's really funny i know a few people who have battle foam bags and have no issues with them what so ever.... come to think of it i know i'm going to get my next bag from them and im pretty damn stingy with my money. so i know i am not buying crap.,

ElectricPaladin
11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
KR Multicase. They have an "auto-fill" app on their site. And their product is the best.

White Tiger88
11-02-2013, 02:15 AM
KR Multicase. They have an "auto-fill" app on their site. And their product is the best.

Autofill with no demons as an option lol

Popsical
11-02-2013, 02:19 AM
As ive never dealt with battlefoam i wont comment on them or their service.

Kr i have had several dealings with and their service thru their webstore or thru ebay has always been amazing.

Ive just spent £82 on a quad aluminium case and it is perfect for carrying my 5000pt astral claw army.
I bought foams for the figs as i bought the models and these are superb also. I really recommend the caestus foam for those with the model.

Xaric
11-02-2013, 03:11 AM
I would say go for pluckfoam because the way daemons are there all manner of shapes i went for the pack and go bag its a back pack very big and has room for all the models you have :)

Pssyche
11-02-2013, 05:22 AM
KR Multicase all the way for me.

I have two double sized backpacks, one double sized aluminium case and several cardboard cases for my Eldar Army.
It's pretty much all custom fit foam apart from the infantry trays.
Now, when I'm putting my army on the table, I don't have to spend ten minutes doing running repairs on broken-in-transit models, nor do I have to spend valuable painting time touching up chipped and scratched paint jobs that took days to get right originally.

ElectricPaladin
11-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Autofill with no demons as an option lol

Send them a letter. They're working to expand the auto-fill right now.

White Tiger88
11-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Send them a letter. They're working to expand the auto-fill right now.

I did email them waiting for a reply.

rich_clean_jammies
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Ummmm I call BS on this.
I ordered a Pack Air and got it in less then 10 days. I called them and they even helped me make sure my loadouts were perfect. Even went as far as to make sure I had every inch used I could.
Some of the best customer experience I have ever had with a company honestly. I'd suggest calling them while ordering and talking with them thru it.

Yes I would gladly spend 200 dollars on a case to protect my endless hours of painting converting and the thousands of dollars I have into my minis. Guarantee they have almost no chance of being damaged and provide a nicely built and laid out bag? Yes please.

I have had 4 different interactions with the owner of Battlefoam and I have entered all with an open mind and left with a really bad taste in my mouth. I would think that he has something personally against me if it wasn't for the fact that he couldn't possibly know who I am or have any reason to not treat me like any other customer. I don't care if you believe me and I am not going to go in-depth on the issues here because of the possibility that this individual might take legal action and list it as slander is real, I'm just saying that incredibly questionable actions have been taken by Battlefoam EVERY time I have attempted to become a customer.

White Tiger88
11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
So far KR is way better customer service and prices.....

oftenwrong
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Well, if it’s not to late, look at tablewar. I have 2 full size display cases and you can stick a ton more stuff in there. Everything stands upright so models can be placed base to base if you want.

That something like 80 troops, 19 bike, 3 oval and 6 MC bases. Some time the top has 2 soulgrinders, 2 grater daemons and the bloodletter icons on the top shelf. It will cost nearly $300 after shipping.

archimbald
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
although not very well know, feldherr make great cases at good rates too,

AnEnemy
11-07-2013, 11:06 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with an unbiased opinion on either company.

KR currently sponsors what seems like 90% of the major tournaments...they have ad space on BOLS and other sites...they even buy up ad space on all of the 40K related podcasts(aside from 40K Radio of course)

Battlefoam used to be in the exact same position before they got embroiled in a he said vs he said legal battle. This has made the fickle internet trolls extremely wary. Because you know, people are so well known for only buying products from people they like personally...wait...hold on...if that were true no one would buy a damn thing in this world.

From my personal experience: Battlefoam has the superior quality product, but KR is cheaper and still very good. It boils down to whether you like KR's box/bag system or whether you don't mind paying about $50 more for a BF bag.

White Tiger88
11-11-2013, 01:15 AM
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with an unbiased opinion on either company.

KR currently sponsors what seems like 90% of the major tournaments...they have ad space on BOLS and other sites...they even buy up ad space on all of the 40K related podcasts(aside from 40K Radio of course)

Battlefoam used to be in the exact same position before they got embroiled in a he said vs he said legal battle. This has made the fickle internet trolls extremely wary. Because you know, people are so well known for only buying products from people they like personally...wait...hold on...if that were true no one would buy a damn thing in this world.

From my personal experience: Battlefoam has the superior quality product, but KR is cheaper and still very good. It boils down to whether you like KR's box/bag system or whether you don't mind paying about $50 more for a BF bag.

I am going with Kr 99% Due to there great customer service battlefoam is very much lacking in that department it would seem.