PDA

View Full Version : Tau-Dar 1,850 points

Sonikgav
10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Been a while since ive been in the game (few months) but a list i was working on when the Eldar got released and is now nearly finished. A little bit predictable in the current system but hey, at least its not 4 Riptides ;)

Commander - 155
Flamer, Command and Control Node
Sensor Suite, Iridium Suit

Kroot x10 - Sniper Rounds - 70
Kroot x10 - Sniper Rounds - 70

Riptide - Fusion Blaster
Ion Accelerator, Early Warning, Velocity Tracker - 210
Riptide - Fusion Blaster
Ion Accelerator, Early Warning, Velocity Tracker - 210
Riptide - Missiles
Ion Accelerator, Early Warning - 190

Spiritseer - 70
Wraithguard x5 - 160
+Wave Serpent - Holo Fields, TL Laser - 135
Wraithguard x5 - Scythes - 210
+Wave Serpent - Holo Fields, TL Laser - 135
WraithKnight - 240

Total = 1850

So the Battlesuit Commander joins up with the 'underequipped' Riptide for that free Twin Linking and Cover ignoring goodness, as well as a flamer for overwatch. Later in game he can go attatch the same bonus to Wraithguard which makes them brutal but their too slow to start that way. They will be heading straight upfield with the other unit to annihilate anything they can. Kroot hang back sniping Infantry, the Knight goes for enemy Armor that the Wraithguard are slow getting to and the Riptides hammer the infantry and then of course there's 2 Wave Serpents.. No Markerlights in this list but i should be ok without the benefit.

Thoughts?

chicop76
10-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Several. You don"t have much anti horde. You have a lot of anti tank/ MC/ marine/ terminator/ bike.

I would say take a unit of dsythes to have some anti horde since that squad can easily wipe most squads off the map.

How your commander is going to join a single riptide with no drones. The buff commander would work better with broadsides with missile drones or a squad of dark reapers, might work well with warp spiders.

Also your whole army is pretty much ap 2. I don't see why you even need kroot with sniper rifles. You can save the points for more bodies or something else.

Sonikgav
10-31-2013, 02:11 PM
1. Pie Plates. Each of those Riptides will primarily be launching Large Blast markers for the Hordes and i do have a unit of D-Scythes. The only reason i have a unit without them is i because i couldnt spare the extra 50 points.

2. Its my understanding that, unless the rules have changed in 4 months, an IC can join any 'potentially' Multi model unit, regardless of whether it actually has multiple models. Similarly to how a Tyranid Prime can join a solo Carnifex.

3. Where would you like me to move the points from my mandatory troop slots? Ive spent the extra 10 points per unit to make them a valid threat when the enemy closes.

chicop76
10-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I play with kroot and took the sniper off. The issue I had was I switched to regular rifles a lot since I can move and shoot and be able to rapidfire, move through cover really helps. Grant it I play with an ethereal. The kroot rifles are still a threat. Aginst t3 armies for example the sniper rifles turn into a waste. Against high armour models you need 12 kroot on average to get that rending kill, unless you have a lot of kroot it is typically not worth it. I have and use sniper drones instead. The only instance where the sniper kroot becomes useful is when they are being used against high toughness armies which are rare, unless you fight daemons, riptides, bikes, a lot. Even so you have enough tools to deal with said threat.

Did they change the rules to allow that. I have to re look at the FAQ I guess. Still wouldn't put him with a lone riptide. However if riptide have skyfire it would be useful to have twin linked shooting that ignores jink saves.

I would go for the puretide chip which is really helpful vs anti vehicle or MC.

Oh missed the scythes lol.

Well dropping the sniper rifles will give you 20 extra points.

Sonikgav
10-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Never been a fan of the Puretide chip however dropping the Snipers to put Velocity Tracker on the third Riptide would make the whole 'ignores cover' thing very tempting vs flyers.

Ill have to give it a think/test

chicop76
10-31-2013, 07:13 PM
I played a few games with and with out the chip. It does make a huge difference. Especially with broadsides dishing out 12 strength 7 and 5 shots that re roll wounds and an additional 12 strength 7 shots that re roll wounds as well. It works so well I switched to rail guns.

3 large pie plates are ok anti horde. The problem with them is they may not work 33% of the time. Also 2" consolidation can cutdown on losing a lot of models. I prefer mmultiple shots over blast. Although smart missiles work pretty well against hordes.

Looking at this list I am wondering if I should run 2 riptides, 6 broadsides with drones, and a wraithknight. I would had gone with a farseer though. The prescience, normal bs for overwatch, ignoring cover saves for example work really good with Tau and Eldar. I understand the spirt seer. You can possibly have Plus two armor on your wraithguard.

Angelofblades
11-01-2013, 07:29 AM
But is 2+ sv on Wraithguard isn't as awesome as spreading psychic powers like Guide, Prescience, or whatever else there is.

Sonikgav
11-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Its more the fact that the Spiritseer is why I can use Wraithguard as Troops. I havent had chance to look over the Iyanden book to see if it changes anything.

Thortek
11-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I run a Taudar list that is very different than yours and I have lost out of 26 games with it. The biggest thing I see hurting you is your lack of troops. I would drop a Rip and some of the eldar for more Fire warriors.

Bob821
11-03-2013, 03:08 AM
think I'd bash my head in to a table if I saw this list setting up across the table form me. Would be about as much fun to play against as shaving with a cheese grater.

On a more constructive note you don’t seems to have much objective taking/holding ability within the list. I Agree with Thortek, drop a rip tide and take some fire warriors.

chicop76
11-03-2013, 06:56 AM
He does have 4 scoring units which 2 of them can be hard to get out from an objective. Also since he is in either a transport or infiltrating he can get on objectives. However a list like that you would ignore the ignoring crap and go for the troops which 2 units in hard to kill wave sepents make that feat hard.

He actually have a decent amount of troops. I honestly start to wonder if he relly even need pathfinders and taking more troops. Getting a devilfish as a transport would be helpful, with fire warriors.

The list however is solid which it really doesn't need much chage to it.