PDA

View Full Version : Question on allies

Vangrail
10-29-2013, 02:12 AM
If i ally in grey knights and then take coteaz. Do the henchmen become troops or stay elites?

Dalleron
10-29-2013, 02:52 AM
I'd go with troops, as its Coteaz, and the GK codex is not up to date to specify that you can't. There is no differentiation in the codex.

Vangrail
10-29-2013, 03:46 AM
I was told any alterations to force org caused by hqs doesnt apply if its the ally force org. Like dragio makes pallys troops but doesnt work if they are allies.

DarkLink
10-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Whoever told you that is stupid.

Nabterayl
10-29-2013, 08:27 AM
In the 6th edition codices, there does seem to be a trend towards having force org chart alterations only apply to the primary detachment. But the Grey Knights codex hasn't been amended to follow that (and there's no way to tell whether it ever will be), so ... what DarkLink said.

Sly
10-29-2013, 08:32 AM
In the 6th edition codices, there does seem to be a trend towards having force org chart alterations only apply to the primary detachment. But the Grey Knights codex hasn't been amended to follow that (and there's no way to tell whether it ever will be), so ... what DarkLink said.

Agreed. GK force org swaps (Coteaz, Crowe, Draigo) are still viable for allied detachments.

DarkLink
10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Basically, read the SC's rule. If it says 'X may be taken as troops', then you may always do just that. If it says 'X may be take as troops in a primary detachment', then, and only then, would your buddies be correct.

Vangrail
10-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Ah ok sweet. I want to do " henchmen" but they would be adeptus mechanicus. The new tech thrall models would be warriors with hot shot las guns and carapace armor. Just trying to make adeptus mechanicus work in normal 40k!