PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Count As White Scars ... Thoughts?

Whereswaldo
10-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Kor'sarro Khan (Moondrakkan)
Command Squad (Space Marine Bikes, 4 Space Marine Veterans, 1 Apothecary, 4x Grav Guns)

Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Plasma Guns)
Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Plasma Guns)
Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Melta Guns)
Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Melta Guns)
Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Flamers)
Space Marine Bike Squad (Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 4 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Flamers)

Storm Talon Gunship (Skyhammer Missile Launcher)
Storm Talon Gunship (Skyhammer Missile Launcher)

I ended up going more plasma instead of grav guns because of my main match ups are orkz / eldar / tau, but even with the special weapon setups the list should be pretty solid against most armies, the storm talons are there for anti-air.

Should be around 1500 points, didn't add it up but it should not be over.

Thoughts?

Chexmix282
10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I really like the list.

Have you considered giving the Flamer unit Meltaguns instead, then giving every Sergeant a Combi-Flamer? This will increase the versatility of each squad greatly, as each unit can now reliably damage both light/heavy infantry and vehicles in the shooting phase. This is how I ran my bikes in 5th ed and I loved it.

40kGamer
10-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Kor'sarro Khan (Moondrakkan)
Command Squad (Space Marine Bikes, 4 Space Marine Veterans, 1 Apothecary, 4x Grav Guns)

Should be around 1500 points, didn't add it up but it should not be over.

Thoughts?

I've ran the Khan + Biker command since 5th and it is an amazing unit.

I typically add in some storm shields on the hq squad for those pesky AP2 / AP3 weapons that ignore cover and prefer to run full bike squads with an attack bike for the flexibility of combat squading as the mission requires. It's a fun list regardless! :)

Whereswaldo
10-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I didn't think about doing combi-flamers on each sergeant, the main reason I want to have two bike squads with flamers is for pathfinders / anything that relies on cover to stay alive. I guess it could swap from flamers to melta but, i'm not sure if the swap would be worth it .... maybe run x3 melta units and one flamer with a combi-flamer.

Def something useful to think about.

Anyone else?

40kGamer
10-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I didn't think about doing combi-flamers on each sergeant, the main reason I want to have two bike squads with flamers is for pathfinders / anything that relies on cover to stay alive. I guess it could swap from flamers to melta but, i'm not sure if the swap would be worth it .... maybe run x3 melta units and one flamer with a combi-flamer.

Def something useful to think about.

Anyone else?

LOL! We posted at the same time. Other then what I mentioned above your special weapon load out really depends on what you're facing. Multi-Melta attack bikes give you a better range for nuking big vehicles. I typically include 1 in each full bike squad.

Whereswaldo
10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
ya I figured with any leftover points stormshields on the command squad or combi-weapons on sgts could be added .... really looking for a over all thought on the list before I worked out the tiny details.

40kGamer
10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
ya I figured with any leftover points stormshields on the command squad or combi-weapons on sgts could be added .... really looking for a over all thought on the list before I worked out the tiny details.

Gotcha. I really prefer full bike squads with the attack bike. It gives you a ton of flexibility and lets you add on heavy weapons. Regardless of how you do it though - Bike lists are a blast to play on the table! :)

Whereswaldo
11-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Going to be magnetizing special weapon options on the bikes (going to drill a magnet into the leg and underside of a weapon so it looks like its 'maglocked' to the model's thigh.

Right now i'm converting a bunch of DV bikes with other SM bits to put the force together (luckily just filling off one or two ravenwing symbols) i'm strapped for cash right now so I won't be trying to run full squads until I can get my hands on more bikes.

Anyone have any other comments on the list (with leftover points i'll prolly add in SS on the CS / combi-weapons on sgts) before I start picking up storm talons / modeling all of the bikes up?