PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Launchers and Overwatch.

interrogator_chaplain
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
So I had a game this weekend against some Tyranids. In my shooting phase I nearly wiped out a 15+ squad of Outflanking Genestealers. 3 survived to charge my Devastators. In my previous shooting I shot 2 of my rocket launchers with Frag Missiles and 1 with Krak (The Frags, they do nothing!). When the Genestealers charged, I was about to make my overwatch shots, and then I became unsure about whether or not I could fire my rockets as Krak as they don't use templates and fall under what is normally acceptable for overwatch, but we were unsure so I didn't take it.

Can I fire my rocket launchers with Krak missiles in snap shots/overwatch?

Thanks!

(Lost the game 15-4. He had 4 objectives, Warlord, Linebreaker and First Blood. I had 1 objective and Linebreaker. Things would've gone different if I hadn't whiffed my 3 Flakk Missile shots at his Flyrant on Turn 2. Still had a ton of fun. My Company Master with nothing but a power sword, artificer armour and Iron Halo survived 4 rounds in combat with the Flyrant, 1 with Flyrant and bonesword Warriors. Truly heroic stuff.)

Nabterayl
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
You may indeed fire krak missiles as Overwatch. Your initial analysis was quite correct - they don't use a marker or template, so they're eligible for Snap Shots, and thus eligible for Overwatch.

DarkLink
10-27-2013, 09:28 PM
It's irrelevant what you shot in your previous turn. You can pick firing modes each time you shoot, so your missile launchers would get their heavy 1 snap shots.

interrogator_chaplain
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Great, thanks guys.