PDA

View Full Version : Most Inappropriate Thing Posted on BOLS

Drunkencorgimaster
10-26-2013, 08:52 PM
I have no idea why I thought of this (must be the Saturday Nite booze) but I got to thinking...what was the most inappropriate thing posted on BOLS? We might need Larry or some monitors' help with this. Here is the other conundrum:If it was inappropriate, can we even discuss it here? This is kind of a Catch-22 question, yeah?

Chris Copeland
10-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Draigowing lists during 5th Edition... completely inappropriate...

ElectricPaladin
10-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Draigowing lists during 5th Edition... completely inappropriate...

Rimshot!

Psychosplodge
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
There was a post near the end of the original I think by WhiteTiger that got censored by the inquisition,
he'd found clop.... :rolleyes:

Denzark
10-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Wasn't there a chap called orksorksorks who got banned for some quite witty stuff? By which I mean highly offensive to some, but cutting genius sarcasm to others?

Psychosplodge
10-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Him that managed to turn every thread into a flamewar?

Denzark
10-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah - I found him amusing in the way a chimp throwing its dung at its own audience is sometimes mildly droll.

Psychosplodge
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
lmao

Wolfshade
10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Rimshot!

It is a sting not a rimshot, the two are quite different.

98% of Splogy's posts I think would be.

Either that or some of the SPAG of some posts.

Psychosplodge
10-28-2013, 02:32 AM
If its only 98% I'm not trying hard enough...

Wolfshade
10-28-2013, 02:48 AM
If its only 98% I'm not trying hard enough...

That's what she said

Psychosplodge
10-28-2013, 02:50 AM
That's what she said

Nah she's never said anything like that ;)

Wildeybeast
10-28-2013, 02:57 AM
I'd like to nominate the endless threads on the Chapterhouse vs GW snoozefest. I consider endless speculation/hyperbole/irrational ranting by people who have absolutely nothing to do with it, and in most cases little to no knowledge of the legal issues, to be highly inappropriate. How about we just wait until it's all done and dusted and then debate the outcome?

Wolfshade
10-28-2013, 03:01 AM
but I'm an internet lawyer I read it all on wikipedia so I must know more than everyone.

Though Wildey' it does also bring to mind the intermiable convesation about how GW don't know what they are doing and couldn't run a transnational wargaming business if their profits depended on it... oh wait.

Deadlift
10-28-2013, 03:21 AM
I find everything offensive, much like many posters on here who seem to find some sort of objection with absolutely everything and treat anybody's opionion as being far less important than their own. Generally the sort of person who thinks they know everything but actually has 0 life experience and knows **** all about anything, but because the topic their posting on has some sort of emotive theme nobody seems to dare contradict them or call them out. It's all bull**** really.

:D

Denzark
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Well we seem to have a new winner. There is a buffoon called Aikiyou spamming armylists in the list section, bumping them when he doesn't get comments, asking for a 1-10 rating without wanting to take any meaningful suggestions. At least one poster says they have seen him elsewhere on the net.

He doesn't seem to get he is rude and abrasive (even on my scale of cosmic arrogance) and is generally offensive to mine ears. back in the TDA modding days he would have been ban-hammered in short order. I just hope the mods are picking up on him.

'Course it could be some grand psycho experiment prior to Weeble1000 unleashing a Chapterhouse mind control beam onto us (design not at all copied from North Korean Torture mind control beams inc tm).

Psychosplodge
11-15-2013, 09:33 AM
lmao

6.7 meercats

Denzark
11-15-2013, 09:36 AM
97 and a half fifths of Squid Badger.

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Well he made it onto my ignore list. 1st one too.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Well we seem to have a new winner. There is a buffoon called Aikiyou spamming armylists in the list section, bumping them when he doesn't get comments, asking for a 1-10 rating without wanting to take any meaningful suggestions. At least one poster says they have seen him elsewhere on the net.

He doesn't seem to get he is rude and abrasive (even on my scale of cosmic arrogance) and is generally offensive to mine ears. back in the TDA modding days he would have been ban-hammered in short order. I just hope the mods are picking up on him.

'Course it could be some grand psycho experiment prior to Weeble1000 unleashing a Chapterhouse mind control beam onto us (design not at all copied from North Korean Torture mind control beams inc tm).

This is why I should still be a mod. I may have been extreme in cases, but I got stuff done.

eldargal
11-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Give every list he posts a 1, no explanation.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-16-2013, 04:53 AM
I already have. :p
He got butthurt.

eldargal
11-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Ha, so what he is really saying is 'Stroke my ego by giving these lists high scores but don't dare offer friendly criticism because said ego can't cope'.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Pretty much. He can't take criticism at all.

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 05:29 AM
To be fair "The Girl" has given warnings. It's not like he's doing anything against forum regulations, it's just he's not willing to engage and debate his lists. I really think the best thing to do is to stop taking the bait and ignore him. Either he will get bored and bugger off, or maybe make his posts and lists a bit more interesting and open to discussion. Either way I'm done with his posts. They don't interest me.

Mr Mystery
11-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Half a dozen Stoats, and not a weasel more.

Santa
11-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Hmmmm, I'm afraid to say the young man in question could be on the "naughty list" I'd hate to have to deliver coal to him this year.

Denzark
11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm, I'm afraid to say the young man in question could be on the "naughty list" I'd hate to have to deliver coal to him this year.

Bloody Hell Santa! Look old man, no word of a lie. My 6 year old gibbon is into Egyptology in a big way. Well too much. I came home to find out he has AN EYE OF HORUS on one of his jackets. As he is clearly now to be rendered Excommunicate Traitoris then no presents for him.

But Deady you are quite correct and mature as ever - he could just be ignored without snidey comments. But I hope the girl has told him to simmer down. Or maybe BoLS with 30k registered users will be like GW now it is big - have a propensity to ignore majority customer desires as and when it suits.

Santa
11-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Bloody Hell Santa! Look old man, no word of a lie. My 6 year old gibbon is into Egyptology in a big way. Well too much. I came home to find out he has AN EYE OF HORUS on one of his jackets. As he is clearly now to be rendered Excommunicate Traitoris then no presents for him.

Coal it is :)

ElectricPaladin
11-16-2013, 11:16 AM

Maybe your son is just a squarebaser and destined to play Tomb Kings. You know, they say that if you're a squarebaser, you're born that way. It's your job to love and accept your son, not in spite of playing Warhammer Fantasy, but because of it. I have some websites I can send you to.

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 11:20 AM
I keep trying to get into fantasy, never pulled it off. Painted a couple armies but that's as far as it got. Ogre Kingdoms could be a good for me from a painting point of view. Especially with an airbrush.

ElectricPaladin
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
I keep trying to get into fantasy, never pulled it off. Painted a couple armies but that's as far as it got. Ogre Kingdoms could be a good for me from a painting point of view. Especially with an airbrush.

Oh, man. Fantasy is great. You should give it another go. The rules are a lot more elegant and tactical than 40k. A lot of the things about 40k that kind of suck just don't happen in Fantasy. And it's fun.

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Yep I should really, maybe in the new year I will treat myself to a Battalion. Just choose a definitive army 1st. Wait to see what happens with the woodies and stunties too. Both appeal to me as well as Ogres. Especially a tree spirit army if viable.

Denzark
11-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Maybe your son is just a squarebaser and destined to play Tomb Kings. You know, they say that if you're a squarebaser, you're born that way. It's your job to love and accept your son, not in spite of playing Warhammer Fantasy, but because of it. I have some websites I can send you to.

How dare you Sir, How Very Dare You!

Square Bases? Pshaw.

Mr Mystery
11-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Square Bases? Pshaw.

Square base good. Round base bad. Square base good. Round base bad....

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 12:33 PM

Square Bases? Pshaw.

Yeah the square bases and movement remind me of Tetris :)

Denzark
11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Tetris is acceptable. Still suppose I may treat him to a game of original Heroquest as part of the indoctrination, so square bases...

Deadlift
11-16-2013, 04:59 PM
But Deady you are quite correct and mature as ever - he could just be ignored without snidey comments. But I hope the girl has told him to simmer down. Or maybe BoLS with 30k registered users will be like GW now it is big - have a propensity to ignore majority customer desires as and when it suits.

Send him a Cease and desist you mean matey ? :)

Denzark
11-16-2013, 06:30 PM
;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-16-2013, 08:06 PM
My mate Chris has been showing me the ropes on getting to grips with Fantasy, and I must say that I am enjoying it.