PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, first ever post, advice needed

ZeusBHeld
10-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Hello chaps
Been painting minis for quite as few years now, mostly for fun but also for my sons who mostly do 40k. I tend not to game, just paint and build a never-ending stream of scenery & terrain it seems !

So, my son is collecting DKK & Steel Legion, we've tried a few colour schemes but to be honest not too sure which look sbest - so some advice/comments would be very welcome.

Also I've posted a pic of the DKK general I painted, just because I'm really pleased with it.

Look forward to your views. Cheers !

ACE01
10-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard!

Like the work on both greatcoats, but my preference is the grey. The tone of the model works better collectively, and the contrasting red sits well. Metallics on the breastplate vs grey also work nicely, though I'm not fond of the gold re-breather mouthpiece, at the colour seems too close to the browns of the mask for me.

General looking good! Only suggestion here would be another highlight on the metallics to sharpen them up a bit, adding contrast vs the darker, matt clothing, similar to the way the white of the sash works.

Keep up the good work, let us know what you decide!

Wolfshade
10-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Hello and welcome aboard!

Like Ace I prefer the grey great coats.

Very nice paint job though!

Psychosplodge
10-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Hello,
come to the oubliette we have new tangents ;)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif

Third vote for the grey.
And loving the general.

ZeusBHeld
10-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the views guys; also thanks Ace01 for some useful advice for tarting up the general, will give it a go.

Looks like grey is the new black then...

cheers

ACE01
10-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Good choice I'd say!

If you're more of a crafter than a gamer, why not pop a Work In Progress thread over in the 40 Projects forum? (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/forumdisplay.php?8-Warhammer-40K-Miniatures-and-Painting-Projects)

Look forward to seeing how they turn out :)