PDA

View Full Version : Salamanders w/ I.Fists 2000.

DOC-Shock
10-24-2013, 04:06 PM
HQ
Vulkan
Terminator Librarin. level 2 with S.Shield ..goes with the centurions

Troop:
10 man tact squad with melta Multimelta sarge has a combi melta
10 man tact squad with melta Multimelta sarge has a combi melta
10 man tact squad with flamer P.cannon sarge has a combi flamer Drop pod Vulkan here.
10 man tact squad with flamer P.cannon sarge has a combi flamer I.Fists

Heavy:
Thunderfire cannon
Thunderfire cannon
Thunderfire cannon
Centurion squad w/ omni scope 3 grav cannons and missile launchers
Dedicated transport LRC with MM

This is what I'm thinking of running for an upcoming tournament. Do you guys think that another chapter would be better to ally the salamanders with or will this list work. Not too sure on where to put vulkan, Didnt want to put all of the HQs in one transport witht he centurions or was debating on just putting the marines in it and letting the cent and librarion foot slog it. Tell me what you all think, and thanks for looking it over.

Patrick Boyle
10-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm assuming that in addition to the labelled Tactical squad, the Librarian and centurions are from the IF detachment? If so, a few things...

Drop Pods in Codex: Space Marines are only capacity 10 now, so Vulkan can't embark in one with any of those tactical squads unless you combat squad it and send him in one with 5, which seems like a good way to get him killed. Additionally, as the Land Raider is part of your allied detachment, Vulkan can't ride in it with the Centurions and Librarian anyway.

You have two foot slogging tactical squads armed with close range melta weapons that they won't get close enough to anything valuable to shoot at if your opponent knows what they're doing, another armed with flamers that works, I guess. Those Plasma cannons though, if those tactical squads are going to be moving regularly they won't get to fire half the time since you can't snap fire blast weapons, so they'll likely end up wasted points.

As for the Centurions, the IF Tank Hunters trait is at least partially wasted on them as equipped as the Grav Cannons already reroll their special roll due to grav amps, though it does help the missles. Really though, if those are the gear loadouts you want I'd almost say drop the whole allies thing and just go straight up Salamanders. You're not gaining enough as it is from the IF traits in that detachment for it to be worth making them allies and giving up same transport abilities.

I also feel like you probably need more transports for all those foot slogging tacs, to keep them at least partially protected from riptides/heldrakes as well as actually deliver them into range fast enough to make use of the meltas and flamers.

DOC-Shock
10-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah, after thinking about it I scrubbed the Imp. Fists idea. Here is the new list I came up with.

HQ: Vulkan

Troops:

10m tact unit with melta MM , vet sarge with MC powerfist and a combi melta in a rhino

10m tact unit with melta MM , vet sarge with MC powerfist and a combi melta in a rhino

10 m tact unit with flamer MM, vet sarge with MC powerfist and a combi flamer in a rhino

10 m tact unit with flamer MM, vet sarge with MC powerfist and a combi flamer in a rhino Debating on this last two squads whether or not to replace the combi flamer with another combi variant. Let me know what you think.

Elite:
5 m assault term sarge with MC thunderhammer in a LRC w/ a M.Melta Vulkan goes here.

Heavy:
Thunderfire Cannon
Grav centurions with hurricane bolters.

Puts me at 1965, I like this one a bit better, though I'm not sure on what to do wit hthe last 35 points. Other than dropping some EA on the Rhinos or even debated dropping a Th/SS omn one of the terms for another L.claw term. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the help!