PDA

View Full Version : Person of Interest

YorkNecromancer
10-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Is anyone else as into this as I am?

Seriously, it's like they decided they were going to cross Batman with Cyberpunk, treat the material seriously, then make everything about relevant social issues without getting preachy, and have some of the best female characters I have literally ever seen. Then they cast Amy Acker as a sociopathic superhacker, and started to weave in themes of governmental accountability, omnipresent surveillance states, female disenfranchisement, burgeoning artificial intelligence, along with a genuine Rogues Gallery of well-rounded, three-dimensional recurring villains as good as anything in Marvel or DC.

Detective Carter's barroom counterattack (in the latest episode, s3ep5) is the best ten minutes of television this year that wasn't on Game of Thrones.

This show is ****ing amazing.

eldargal
10-24-2013, 06:17 AM
I'll add it to the list of shows I need to check out.

Psychosplodge
10-24-2013, 06:37 AM
IDK the last episode of S4 SOA was pretty epic York old chap...
But it's not something thats ever crossed my path. What channel is it on?

Wildeybeast
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
For the peasantry like myself, season 2 (or is it three) is about to start/has just started on Channel 5. Not sure about cable or satellite. I quite enjoy though I wouldn't give it the high praise York does. It is an interesting idea, delivered in a rather formulaic way. The characters have potential, but Reese struggles to be anything more than an emotionally troubled super soldier/spy and Ben from Lost is playing Ben from Lost, but good this time. The supporting characters of the male and female cops are much more interesting.

Psychosplodge
10-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Ah so a sensible free channel. Shame I've missed the beginning. I'll wait for them to repeat it and see what I think....