PDA

View Full Version : Lion's Return?

The Last Lamenter
10-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Heard a couple of kids talking about some rumors and hints in the codex that the Lion's awakening is scheduled to coincide with the next black crusade, I want to throw a BS flag, but I thought I'd check to see if you guys know anything about that so that I can either correct them, or join them in completely geeking out.

Bigred
10-23-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm gonna throw up my BS detector.

Many of the primarchs are the "verge" of returning, and have been for over a decade.

The Lion is sleeping
Roboutte is healing
Russ, the Khan and Corax are hunting
Vulcan is +++CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION+++
Dorn is presumed dead, or faking it and just missing a hand - and in hiding.
Sanguinius is deader than a doornail (did they ever specifically state if the BAs have his body?)
And poor Ferrus has lost his head...

jgebi
10-23-2013, 12:31 AM
well I always asumed they would wake up for the next black crusade the 14th black crusade

SON OF ROMULOUS
10-23-2013, 12:33 AM
why would there be a 14th black crusade? the 13th isn't even over yet and at last glimpse cadia was embattled and chaos had established a beach head into realspace. So looking ahead to a 14th black crusade is kind of pointless when we don't even know how the 13th is going to end.

Wolfshade
10-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Sanguinius is deader than a doornail (did they ever specifically state if the BAs have his body?)

Yes they do, it is in the blood angels omnibus, they end up defending his shrine from ++redacted++

Psychosplodge
10-23-2013, 04:41 AM
why would there be a 14th black crusade? the 13th isn't even over yet

Read more Ciaphus Cain

Mr Mystery
10-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Read more Ciaphus Cain

Yup. Just on basic principal!

RGilbert26
10-23-2013, 04:54 AM
13th hasn't even started, according to all 6th edition codex's and rulebook.

Psychosplodge
10-23-2013, 04:57 AM
like they're relevant :rolleyes:

Wolfshade
10-23-2013, 05:04 AM
The times of the warp are strange indeed.

Katharon
10-23-2013, 06:09 AM
If any of the Primarchs show up, I'd bet gold on it being Guilliman. Especially after reading "Angel Exterminatus."

Psychosplodge
10-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Nah, it'll clearly be Vulkan, or possibly Russ...

RGilbert26
10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Obviously it'll be Ferrus :p

The Last Lamenter
10-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Come on guys, PLEASE give me something, anything...was there anything to what they were saying?

Psychosplodge
10-23-2013, 09:01 AM
There's no more real support for it than any other of the primach return set ups...
The healing gulliman
the missing dorn, russ, vilkan, and corax.

Patrick Boyle
10-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Come on guys, PLEASE give me something, anything...was there anything to what they were saying?

The Dark Angels codex says he's 'asleep' in the very deepest levels of The Rock, past even Luther's chambers. He's far from the only Primarch to have some kind of similar may return setup though(namely all of the ones who lived through the Heresy...), and he's been 'asleep' since at least the previous DA Codex as well, so there's been no change. There's not really anything else to say.

White Tiger88
10-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm gonna throw up my BS detector.

Many of the primarchs are the "verge" of returning, and have been for over a decade.

The Lion is sleeping
Roboutte is healing
Russ, the Khan and Corax are hunting
Vulcan is +++CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION+++
Dorn is presumed dead, or faking it and just missing a hand - and in hiding.
And poor Ferrus has lost his head...

They do have his body on BAAL in a statis field gold coffin thing........ which means just to screw with people he will randomly get up in the next edition and go "Ok im good guys lets do this" well the other primarchs turn up evil or dead.....

40kGamer
10-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm guessing the Primarchs return with coincide with an appropriate slump in worldwide sales. :p

The Last Lamenter
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm guessing the Primarchs return with coincide with an appropriate slump in worldwide sales. :p

Hahahahaha! Actual lol... Truly!

Wolfshade
10-24-2013, 01:41 AM

You mean coincide with a large slump in faith in the Emp. across the galaxy.

Sanguinius to be re-born as a full on vampire.

Wildeybeast
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Corax doesn't need to return. He's already happily here, wandering around the galaxy kicking seven shades out of everyone. It's just no one can see him.

Just_Me
10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Corax doesn't need to return. He's already happily here, wandering around the galaxy kicking seven shades out of everyone. It's just no one can see him.

Nice, love it.

The answer to the original post is an unequivocal "maybe tomorrow."

The bottom line is that the 40k setting is purposefully intended to represent the twilight years of the human empire, it is teetering on the brink and destined for either a final collapse or a vibrant rebirth, a perpetual state of "five minutes to midnight." Granted, due to the darkness of the setting the latter is emphasized more but there are always hints at another possibility, the strongest of which are the rumors/prophesies of the various Primarchs returning. Practically speaking there is some reason to believe that at least 8 of them COULD (as BigRed already listed). In my own personal opinion those prophesied returns will happen at some point over the course of the 42nd millenium. From a narrative perspective it will never happen though, it's like the Arthur myth (particularly in the case of the Lion), the POSSIBILITY of his return is more potent than either his death or his ACTUAL return could ever be. Actually brining them back would be less dramatic than letting that possibility hang in the air...

Bob821
10-25-2013, 01:08 AM
To bring any of them back GW would have to move the story on. Something they have been very reluctant to do. And even when they have they soon back track like nothing ever happened. I feel that to see the Primarchs rise again it would have to be a whole new look on the 40K universe. Like The heresy/30K stuff but 10,000 years in the future rather than 10,000 years in the past. This would possibly be about the final collapse/war(s) for the Galaxy another ‘Long Night’ for mankind... If GW ever went in this direction I can't see it being for many years.

daboarder
10-25-2013, 02:09 AM
We all know the primarch to next grace the imperium with his presence is probably angron tearing another bloody swathe through it....or mortarion leading his plague fleets forth to spread the love of papa nurgle, perturabo aiming to crush the imperial fists for their hubris, lorgar leading a crusade for the glory of the dark gods, hell even fulgrim is more likely to stop pleasuring himself and getting something done than the loyalists are likely to show up again.

What was that about broken legions again...?

bfmusashi
10-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Maybe if we get epic back they'll let me have Primarch Incursion Wednesdays again.

Psychosplodge
10-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Every Wednesday?

Psychosplodge
10-25-2013, 08:39 AM
How'd I miss this?

He's not dead, just sleeping.
Look he moved, there he moved again...

Wolfshade
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM
How'd I miss this?

He's not dead, just sleeping.
Look he moved, there he moved again...

'Tis nought but a flesh wound!

Psychosplodge
10-27-2013, 02:21 PM
A penitent quest!
You must bring us a Shrubbery!