PDA

View Full Version : Grav & Graviton Weaponry

Just_Me
10-21-2013, 11:46 PM
I will admit that I like the way the rules for grav weapons and graviton weapons, they are both different and unique in their own way not quite like any other gun in the game.

My confusion comes from the relationship between the two; do they represent two separate families of weapons or one with significant adaptation to the design over the years? If the latter then what happened? I have some thoughts of my own on the matter but I would like to hear some other's ideas.

Badtucker
10-22-2013, 04:57 AM
it does say in the fluff that grav weapons were developed from basically backwards engineered from the ancient heresy graviton weapons. So in that sense they are the same family of weapons, both work in their own ways though. im guessing graviton weapons are mostly lost in 40k.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Well, they're just two different "modernizations" of the Rogue Trader rules, I suppose, one made by Forgeworld and the other by GW. I'd assume that FW's Graviton weapons will be switched over to Grav weapons in upcoming releases, I suppose we'll find out once the HH: Massacre orders arrive!