PDA

View Full Version : How to use Huron Blackheart

Lord Krungharr
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
What do people think about Huron Blackheart, and what Infantry units are best to Infiltrate with his Warlord Trait? I have tried a couple times using him with Typhus and zombies and Obliterators vs Tau, and got creamed both times, though I think my strategic blunders were a big factor there.

The Infiltrating Terminators in dedicated Landraiders seem appealing, but super expensive. So my next thought would be huge squads of Daemons troops, Daemonettes perhaps, or maybe Berzerkers? Anyone try this Warlord with success? Plus I like the model I made for him....

Head in a jar
10-20-2013, 06:26 AM
I use him with my noise marines so I can get the maximum amount of shots out from turn one with my sonic blasters!

Archon
10-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I would do it classical: Five Choosen with Meltaguns in Rhino going to outflank. A pain in the ... flank for hiding barrage-tanks and the like.

chicop76
10-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Hmmm. Infiltrating seekers or daemonettes sounds really nice if you go second. The seekers followed with hounds can be nasty. Especially if the seekers have move through cover or re roll hits.

I have to re look to give an opinion which I don't remember who can infiltrate. However I rather daemons as a primary over being secondary. You miss out on too many benefits just so you can infiltrate.

Oblits if they can infiltrate would be really good since you can be 18" away with multi meltas/ lascannons.

Noise Marines and Thousand Sons really benefit. Especially if they are in rhinos which means turn one rapid fire.

Thinking more about it. I think infiltrating T6 bikes, Plague Drones, or Nurgle Beast would be reallly good if you can do so.

Lord Krungharr
10-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately Master of Deception is just D3 Infantry units.....I would LOVE to Infiltrate Seekers or Plague Drones or Fiends. Oh well.

But I do like the idea of the Chosen in a Rhino. Even if they come in the wrong side, they're not too expensive and pack a whallop of firepower if not dealt with. The Rhino can provide a little shield against those pesky Intercepting Riptides (and Broadsides for that matter).

If Abaddon were an HQ then the Chosen would be scoring too, but I think he has to the Warlord if in the army, so that means Huron can't be using that Warlord Trait. Round and round we go :*

Infiltrating Oblits, that would've been the right move in my Huron/Typhus game. DUH

Tepogue
10-22-2013, 01:27 PM
If the game is large enough then 10 Chaos Terminators with barebones upgrades (like only 2 power fist/chain fists and 2 combimeltas in the whole bunch), or 20 Berzerkers can really distract an opponent. This unit only serves one purpose and that is to distract/annoy my opponent.

chicop76
10-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Infiltrating Plaguebearers and Nurglings with icons wouldn't be a bad ideal.

Lord Krungharr
10-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Ah, yes, yes, I always forget about Daemon Icons. Those could be useful, especially to drop in Soul Grinders, Skull Cannons, maybe Horrors too for good positioning. I guess Plaguers cuz they can be more easily put into cover and get super Shrouded. At least Nurglings already Infiltrate, and they aren't slowed by terrain either, and they are super annoying in huge squads, which are still cheap. I like that.

I do have 20 Berzerkers now. They'd be pretty expensive, but I guess vs Tau even 3 of them would wreck most of their squads :)