PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Nids, Need C&C

Whereswaldo
10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Buddy of mine started playing and likes the idea of having a nid horde army, we were talking about possible and ideas and I was wondering what everyone else thought about this?

Tervigon (Scything Talons, Toxic Sacs, Adrenal Glands - Catalyst) – 200

Zoanthrope Brood (2 Zoanthropes, Mycetic Spore) – 160
Zoanthrope Brood (2 Zoanthropes, Mycetic Spore) – 160

Termagant Brood (20 Termagants) – 100

Gargoyle Brood (20 Gargoyles, Toxic Sacs) – 140

= 1740

Thoughts?

The Dave
10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
I love it! Very thematic and it would look awesome on the tabletop!

However, if we want to discuss effectiveness and competency, we'd need to see what we can do against vehicles in this list, specifically AV13+ (4 Zoanthropes aren't going to completely mitigate that issue). There is a solution though that is already in the list: Tervigons.

Given that Tervigons are already Initiative 1, we don't mind putting Crushing Claws on them for 4+D3 S5 attacks on the charge or 2+D3 S10 attacks with Smash, because only the base attacks are halved rounded up. :) When coupled with Biomancy Powers (such as Endurance, Warp Speed, and everyone's favorite Iron Arm), your Troop Poopers become quite capable of ripping vehicles apart. Swarm everything else with numbers, but rip those vehicles apart with the Tervigons! When you combine that with the not-so-reliable Warp Lances that you might take, you'll have very few weaknesses with this list. Except against flyers, but that's a topic for another day.

Hope that helped! :D

SON OF ROMULOUS
10-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I actually would look forward to playing against a list like this. its got a ton of bodies and honestly if your worried about fliers by the time they show up which is turn 2 at the earliest your guys will already be decently across the board. your going to move then run then move then run for the first few turns anyway. the gargoyles are gonna be in my face rather quickly with 3 tervigons any losses you incur can easily be replaced. and as dave said close combat is where your monsters are going to make their points back.

Tynskel
10-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Personally, I would swap one squad of Gargoyles for Skyslashers and the HQ Tervigon for the Parasite of Mortrex.

chicop76
10-21-2013, 12:47 AM
I would take 3 psyker powers fo 3 rolls on biomancy, even though you can onky roll once.

I like to run Trygons if I can. However the list is not bad. I say keep the gargoyles since they are the cheapest models in the game that are able to smash. It is possible for them to dish out 3 attacks on the charge and 1/3 of those attacks auto hit.

I agree that you lack any real range. Zonathorpes in pods and a doom are really helpful. Also I like taking a tyrant so I can outflank with a tervigon for prime placement.

jksigler
10-21-2013, 01:48 AM
If I was going to drop that much cash, on a tyranid army, I would wait for the new codex. That being said, I love the idea of this army, it would look sweet on the table and be a blast to play with or against.

interrogator_chaplain
10-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Are the Gargoyles subject to Synapse? Because they're going to outpace the Tervigons and Zoanthropes quite quickly I suspect. If that's the case, you might want to add a Flyrant to keep them all from going all glassy-eyed and wandering.

chicop76
10-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Are the Gargoyles subject to Synapse? Because they're going to outpace the Tervigons and Zoanthropes quite quickly I suspect. If that's the case, you might want to add a Flyrant to keep them all from going all glassy-eyed and wandering.

That is why you have drop pods and deep striking trygon primes. I have too look if they feed or lurk. If they feed it is actually a good thing. If they lurk you can still shoot with them, but dt test can hurt them. I mean I would like to get 4 attacks for that low price on the charge is what I am saying.

Dave Mcturk
10-21-2013, 08:27 AM
i would run zoees in threes ... more threat and more survivability...