PDA

View Full Version : House rules

ornamentalist
10-19-2013, 09:44 AM
If you're not happy about aspects of the rules, then why not tinker about with them? They can't touch you for it. For instance, if you think the magic's too powerful you could agree not to use the number 6 spell. If you don't like the horde rule you could go back to attacking with 2 ranks and count a rank bonus of up to +6 ranks and include the first. If you think the 'attack with 2 ranks of 5 to nullify ranks' rule is weird you could reduce it to 1 rank of 5. This would bring cavalry back into the game. You could say that a rank of 3 MI or MC also nullifies ranks, or a monster. The important thing with house rules is that you just tinker with what's already there, not try to re-write the whole book.

angrybear
10-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Well personally I only play mostly with friends and building the most effective army to beat them is not really a important thing. Its more of a gentleman agreement then house rules. However I don't have much problems with 8th. Yes some spells can be devastating but mainly against death-stars which are boring to begin with. Sure cannons are very good but they don't ruin the game for me. Personally I love the whining when a new book is released about the "OP", people are sometimes so confused about the point of warhammer. Its just a fun game with some strategics involved.